Dating after lockdown #12 It’s all got a bit dark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, these type of men are not to be relied upon. Until they grow up and realise the world doesn’t revolve around them, you’re on a hiding to nothing.

I’d never been in a relationship like that and it was before ghosting was even a term. I just thought he was tortured and sad….😂 Like NoseyNiamh, I thought my love would help. Destroyed myself in the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks all for not judging me. I think I'm just worried that it could have caused a brain injury.
Alcohol has put in me in some dreadful positions.

Sorry, I shouldn't use the term breakdown so flippantly. I'm just going through a bad stage. I am in therapy and I think it has brought up things I had buried.

I will go to Minor Injuries clinic tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much everyone. Just by admitting to you guys that I have an issue with booze has helped ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks all for not judging me. I think I'm just worried that it could have caused a brain injury.

Sorry, I shouldn't use the term breakdown so flippantly. I'm just going through a bad stage. I am in therapy and I think it has brought up things I had buried.

Thank you so much everyone. Just by admitting to you guys that I have an issue with booze has helped ❤
The guy who did the Houdini act who I saw yesterday affected me more than I talked about on here. Last month I was going out for drinks most days to get out of the house and using alcohol as an emotional crutch.

No judgement here as I know where you are coming from.

If you ever want to talk it through / just fancy a laugh we're all here :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Would you try to get help with the drinking? Tell your therapist about it? x
Yes, I had a session with them during the week. I can go for weeks without it but I'm a binge drinker. Once I start I don't know when to stop.
Has anyone watched Promising Young Woman? It really makes you think!!

Yeah, these type of men are not to be relied upon. Until they grow up and realise the world doesn’t revolve around them, you’re on a hiding to nothing.

I’d never been in a relationship like that and it was before ghosting was even a term. I just thought he was tortured and sad….😂 Like NoseyNiamh, I thought my love would help. Destroyed myself in the process.
Yeah exactly. He was just thinking about himself and not taking into account how he is making other people feel. If I stayed around he'd keep doing it and it's torturous.

Reactions: 1

Defo get it checked it tomorrow. Probably nothing but with your head you can never be too sure. <3

The guy who did the Houdini act who I saw yesterday affected me more than I talked about on here. Last month I was going out for drinks most days to get out of the house and using alcohol as an emotional crutch.

No judgement here as I know where you are coming from.

If you ever want to talk it through / just fancy a laugh we're all here :)
I could tell it had really affected you.
Alcohol is an escape sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I could tell it had really affected you.
Alcohol is an escape sometimes
I was a nervous wreck for about a month. Going through all the scenarios, how we left things, his motivations etc. It's not like I knew him a long time but it was just such odd behaviour I guess.

It is. I also found it was the only way I could relax and sleep too. Working from home meant I didn't have to worry about getting myself to work too.

I was a nervous wreck for about a month. Going through all the scenarios, how we left things, his motivations etc. It's not like I knew him a long time but it was just such odd behaviour I guess.

It is. I also found it was the only way I could relax and sleep too. Working from home meant I didn't have to worry about getting myself to work too.
Your story was completely different to the normal ghosting stories though. It was absolutely nothing to do with you.
I really don't think he is a bad person, he is obviously going through something at the minute, it still doesn't excuse him not contacting you but I wouldn't take it personally.

• Heart
Your story was completely different to the normal ghosting stories though. It was absolutely nothing to do with you.
I really don't think he is a bad person, he is obviously going through something at the minute, it still doesn't excuse him not contacting you but I wouldn't take it personally.
Yeah like he's a bit of a mess but I don't think he's an hole. It's not like he's online and just ignoring me, he went completely offline.

He also has a completely new number and he took my number again as he didn't have it.

We get on well and I think he's handsome. I think it could have gone somewhere but we will never know now 🤷‍♀️.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Random message from a guy I chatted to and soon realised just split from ex (so not right for me) at 12.30am this morning with ‘Hey x’ honestly what on earths makes him think 1. I’d be up 2. I’d be jumping out of bed to go see him (not doing that for anyone) 3. I want to meet someone I’ve never met in the middle of the night

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Random message from a guy I chatted to and soon realised just split from ex (so not right for me) at 12.30am this morning with ‘Hey x’ honestly what on earths makes him think 1. I’d be up 2. I’d be jumping out of bed to go see him (not doing that for anyone) 3. I want to meet someone I’ve never met in the middle of the night
"Hey x" isn't exactly the most enticing message either 😂

• Haha
I wanted to ask the guy I'm dating if he was still on the apps but I bottled it 😂 kinda hoping he'll bring it up first

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.