Dark place

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in a really dark place today, I've just cried and slept all day.
I still live at home with my parents due to a multitude of illness, I can't drive or get out on my own. My mum has started a new job which she loves but it's now working weekends so I feel like a prisoner on weekends.
None of the few friends I have ever message me to go out on weekends, I've not seen my brother in months. I'm just lonely, so so lonely. I've started to think today that death must be better than living like this forever and I know that isn't a good way to think and that scares me.
I'm just tired of only excisting and not living.

Struggling with my own mental health atm too 😞 Please please don't feel alone. I'm new to this forum so not sure how it works but if there is a private message element you're always more than welcome to talk to me. I'm crap at advice but a good listener 🤷‍♀️ Have you got anyone you can talk to? Work collegues? Family? Neighbours? I had a meltdown to my mother in law this week and it felt so good to cry and get it all out there even if temporary.

Sending lots of love 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Struggling with my own mental health atm too 😞 Please please don't feel alone. I'm new to this forum so not sure how it works but if there is a private message element you're always more than welcome to talk to me. I'm crap at advice but a good listener 🤷‍♀️ Have you got anyone you can talk to? Work collegues? Family? Neighbours? I had a meltdown to my mother in law this week and it felt so good to cry and get it all out there even if temporary.

Sending lots of love 😘
Thank you, due to all my illnesses I don't work and although the neighbors are lovely they're always so busy. I have my mum who is my rock and completly gets me but obviously she's been at work all day.

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling too. I'll send you a PM xx

Death is not the better option. Not for you, or for any of the people that love you.

This too shall pass. You will look back on this time in your life and be thankful that you didn't do anything silly. The fact that you've reached out on here tells me that, deep down, you really don't want this to be the end. You just need help.

Do your friends know how you're feeling? Please, please talk to them. I was in your position and nobody had a clue. They stopped inviting me because I wasnt really a fun person to be around. But once I told them why, things changed.

Do you have a good support network? I know this is anonymous, but sometimes that's all the better! I'm always here for a chat if you feel you would like to talk. Talking is the answer, and I promise it will help ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Death is not the better option. Not for you, or for any of the people that love you.

This too shall pass. You will look back on this time in your life and be thankful that you didn't do anything silly. The fact that you've reached out on here tells me that, deep down, you really don't want this to be the end. You just need help.

Do your friends know how you're feeling? Please, please talk to them. I was in your position and nobody had a clue. They stopped inviting me because I wasnt really a fun person to be around. But once I told them why, things changed.

Do you have a good support network? I know this is anonymous, but sometimes that's all the better! I'm always here for a chat if you feel you would like to talk. Talking is the answer, and I promise it will help ♥
Thank you. I've spoken to my mum today and a couple of friends. Mum and one friend understood but the others weren't helpful or didn't reply.
I don't think I'd be brave enough to actually do anything to end my life but today was the first time I've felt comfortable with death (if that makes sense!)

• Sad
Reactions: 1
GiggleBee, you’ve made a huge step today. You’ve admitted how you feel. Could you go to your gp on Monday and show them this? You just need a bit of support to get through this. The world is better with you in it, but I know how hard isolation feels. It’s wearing, but you’re so not alone. I’m here for support and scaffolding to keep you up. I know so many people are too.

Be proud of yourself right now, this is massive thing - and you’ve opened yourself up. I’m glad you have, and I’m glad you’re still with us. Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm in a really dark place today, I've just cried and slept all day.
I still live at home with my parents due to a multitude of illness, I can't drive or get out on my own. My mum has started a new job which she loves but it's now working weekends so I feel like a prisoner on weekends.
None of the few friends I have ever message me to go out on weekends, I've not seen my brother in months. I'm just lonely, so so lonely. I've started to think today that death must be better than living like this forever and I know that isn't a good way to think and that scares me.
I'm just tired of only excisting and not living.
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.

Know that death isn't the answer and you are are worthy of living and being happy.

You took a huge step by posting on here and opening up. You aren't alone and although we are only online, know you can always post here and use it as an outlet.

You didn't mention what illnesses you have but could you go to your doctor and request a referral for therapy if that is something you are open to? It can do the world of good and they can offer some great techniques for you to work through this. It is a good alternative if you don't want to try the medication route although that is always an option too.

Isolation is tough. I moved to a new country a few yrs ago where driving is must and I didnt have my license and had to wait for my work permit to be processed so never really socialized and boy it was tough. But I spoke to my SO about it and things eventually got better.

Strange question but do you have any pets? Since we got a dog, I have felt much less anxious and he brings me a lot of joy.

Please keep us updated and feel free to send a long a PM.

sending you lots of hugs xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
GiggleBee, you’ve made a huge step today. You’ve admitted how you feel. Could you go to your gp on Monday and show them this? You just need a bit of support to get through this. The world is better with you in it, but I know how hard isolation feels. It’s wearing, but you’re so not alone. I’m here for support and scaffolding to keep you up. I know so many people are too.

Be proud of yourself right now, this is massive thing - and you’ve opened yourself up. I’m glad you have, and I’m glad you’re still with us. Xxxx
Thank you, I do need to see my GP again, I just don't really know what else she can do to help. 🙈

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.

Know that death isn't the answer and you are are worthy of living and being happy.

You took a huge step by posting on here and opening up. You aren't alone and although we are only online, know you can always post here and use it as an outlet.

You didn't mention what illnesses you have but could you go to your doctor and request a referral for therapy if that is something you are open to? It can do the world of good and they can offer some great techniques for you to work through this. It is a good alternative if you don't want to try the medication route although that is always an option too.

Isolation is tough. I moved to a new country a few yrs ago where driving is must and I didnt have my license and had to wait for my work permit to be processed so never really socialized and boy it was tough. But I spoke to my SO about it and things eventually got better.

Strange question but do you have any pets? Since we got a dog, I have felt much less anxious and he brings me a lot of joy.

Please keep us updated and feel free to send a long a PM.

sending you lots of hugs xxxx
Thank you. I do have pets 3 cats, one is my best buddy and follows me around the house 🥰.

I have fibromyalgia, ME, anxiety, depression amongst other things. I feel like I'm on alot of medication anyway but probably not as much as some people.

I guess as the saying goes this will pass, it's just hard waiting for it too.

• Sad
Thank you, I do need to see my GP again, I just don't really know what else she can do to help. 🙈

Thank you. I do have pets 3 cats, one is my best buddy and follows me around the house 🥰.

I have fibromyalgia, ME, anxiety, depression amongst other things. I feel like I'm on alot of medication anyway but probably not as much as some people.

I guess as the saying goes this will pass, it's just hard waiting for it too.
Have you had any counselling? I spoke to my GP and was referred for counselling and it helped immensely! X

I don't think my doctors offer counseling.
My doctor referred me to a charity that offers counselling. They offered CBT and also just talking counselling (sorry cannot for the life of me remember what it is called) and I went for the just talking one because I had never heard of CBT and I just wanted to talk to a professional. Maybe if you feel comfortable you could see what options there are through your doctors? Sending you a big hug 💜

• Heart
Keep talking to people on here if it helps. I would definitely encourage you to speak to your GP again but I think that in most areas you can self refer to IAPT online or on the phone. If you’re really struggling and need to speak to someone you could always call or email the Samaritans. I think sometimes getting out how you are feeling to someone can really diminish the power of those dark thoughts x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Similar situation to you. Living back at home right now, no job, health issues which are too much to cope with. I cry most of the day and am really thinking of ending it all. I hope things look up for you!

• Sad
I know how alone you can feel when you hit rock bottom and hate to think of people sitting there with these thoughts in their mind.

Please reach out to someone, even if it is an anonymous person on a helpline if you can’t speak to anyone in your life x

• Heart