Dark Phoenix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I was really looking forward to this, but over the last few weeks lots have expressed low expectations and thought it would be the lowest performing xmen move to date.

The reviews are coming in and they're not good. Haven't read any spoilers but lots of acting great, story rubbish. I'll probably still see it and enjoy it, but seems like another wasted opportunity.

Anyone seen it?

Yel

20% on rotten tomatoes. I couldn't find anyone else that wanted to go see this - after game of thrones no one has any time for something poorly written. Might wait for the streaming release.

The reviews for this are so terrible, however Dumbo was rotten too and I enjoyed it, so I may give this a go since I have a cinema card that lets me watch all movies released in the cinema in one month for 20 euros! Watched 9 last month alone 😂

Reactions: 1
Saw it this weekend and I was actually shocked... it’s not that bad. I read the poor reviews and I was honestly expecting it to be horrific but it’s okay. Worth going if you have a cinema card.

Reactions: 1
Seen it on Wednesday night and we really enjoyed it. We had read the bad reviews and kept waiting for it to be crap but it wasn’t. I really enjoyed the storyline and the fassbender as always 😋

I watched it this week. Wasn’t expecting much after the terrible reviews and I enjoyed it. It was an xmen film, it’s never going to win an Oscar but it was enjoyable and I can’t understand why it has such terrible reviews!!

I watched it this week. Wasn’t expecting much after the terrible reviews and I enjoyed it. It was an xmen film, it’s never going to win an Oscar but it was enjoyable and I can’t understand why it has such terrible reviews!!
This was exactly what I said to my other half. It was inkeeping with all the other films. He says there’s a change from the comics so maybe that’s what diehards don’t like

Reactions: 2
Finally watched and did enjoy it. But can see why it got the bad reviews. She didn't really do anything dark and isn't what the character that's being possessed by a cosmic force should act.

They went from we're going to kill her, to let's save her pretty quickly. And who were the aliens? The biggest action sequence the train, was all a reshoot and added after they decided to rewrite following captain marvel. I laughed at the dialogue, just knew she was going to reply my emotions make me strong. Entertaining but poor story and could have been done much better. And the X-Men timeline inconsistencies are annoying.

5.5/10