Daniel Wheeler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His life is a car crash. He has been trying to go viral for years & years...always some big plan. He secretly filmed himself handing out Roses to girls in England, he made one of them videos where you have the signs explaining your mental health with fake tears included, he gave shares away of his original company in a "hugely anticipated" night then set up a new company so in theory the shares were worthless 🤣
[/QUOTE]

There is a video of this on YouTube - 'Give back &share event - The final Part 3, cut down speech'

He has the same story - I was homeless and bankrupt and now I have this amazing company Life changing Fitness - he tells them in 2016, the 5yr plan is to float on the stockmarket 😐

Didn’t work for me either. I still binge eat every day, I’ve actually put on weight. I did everything I was told to do, even the mindset tasks several times, it didn’t work. I still binge eat. The plan made it worse as I was binging on 2500 cals as that’s what I was given, so I was eating my cals and then binging on top. Atleast when I was doing my own thing; I was eating 1500 cals and then binging on top, so the damage wasn’t as bad🙄 asked for help on the lives got the same response, eat more protein, done and still binged. Write down your stresses, done (3 times) and still binged. Do the mindset tasks, repeated several times and still binged. Wheeler says you dont binge if you’re full, not true. I will feel physically sick and still binge, it’s in my head not my stomach.
I'm not convinced it even works for Dan Jones re :the binging- on episode 6 of his show he talks about drinking 23 beers a few nights before - thats got to be even his total calorie allowance surely?? and if that doesn't count as a binge what does, or am I missing something?

Reactions: 4
His life is a car crash. He has been trying to go viral for years & years...always some big plan. He secretly filmed himself handing out Roses to girls in England, he made one of them videos where you have the signs explaining your mental health with fake tears included, he gave shares away of his original company in a "hugely anticipated" night then set up a new company so in theory the shares were worthless 🤣
There is a video of this on YouTube - 'Give back &share event - The final Part 3, cut down speech'

He has the same story - I was homeless and bankrupt and now I have this amazing company Life changing Fitness - he tells them in 2016, the 5yr plan is to float on the stockmarket 😐

I'm not convinced it even works for Dan Jones re :the binging- on episode 6 of his show he talks about drinking 23 beers a few nights before - thats got to be even his total calorie allowance surely?? and if that doesn't count as a binge what does, or am I missing something?
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree with you but I can guarantee that if DW were ever asked about it his response would be something along the lines of how he helps stop binge eating…then he’ll try to distract you from the topic with DJ’s measurements and how many more steps he can do/how heavy a weight he can lift 🙄

Reactions: 2
What is the definition of harassment ? Did you know there are 3 types of unlawful harassment ? Now take a second to think if you have been told REPEATEDLY not to contact ppl AND continue to do so are you the one being harassed? Do you also know the laws and legislation regarding GDPR? Because that my man is a fuckin massive lump of legislation that your not going to like be warned!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Totally agree with you but I can guarantee that if DW were ever asked about it his response would be something along the lines of how he helps stop binge eating…then he’ll try to distract you from the topic with DJ’s measurements and how many more steps he can do/how heavy a weight he can lift 🙄
[/QUOTE]

23 beers at at an average of 200cals is 4600 cals - DJ says he had that on top of his normal 5k calories so he has binged :unsure: Which is fair enough - it's unlikely that a person that would have been eating like DJ wouldn't not binge, but DW makes a massive point of Dan Jones not having binged once since he has been on the 80:20 plan - he cures binge eating apparently. So that isn't true then is it?!

Reactions: 5
23 beers at at an average of 200cals is 4600 cals - DJ says he had that on top of his normal 5k calories so he has binged :unsure: Which is fair enough - it's unlikely that a person that would have been eating like DJ wouldn't not binge, but DW makes a massive point of Dan Jones not having binged once since he has been on the 80:20 plan - he cures binge eating apparently. So that isn't true then is it?!
It can't possibly be true, because binge eating ISN'T about hunger. He claims upping people's calories cures binge eating, and that is just a bare faced lie. Binge eating is a mental health issue, it isn't about the food.

• Heart
It can't possibly be true, because binge eating ISN'T about hunger. He claims upping people's calories cures binge eating, and that is just a bare faced lie. Binge eating is a mental health issue, it isn't about the food.
problem is he can't possibly just say - in my experience upping calories can help you not binge so much as its less restrictive. Its - this is the ONLY way to NEVER binge again - Dan Jones has not binged once since he's done my plan... :rolleyes:

Binge eating is not a mental health issue JCMSadie ;) - DW was diagnosed by a doctor to have binge eating disorder and the blame lies only with Slimming World. Which is why he is entitled to trash their business.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So after the latest live, Dan’s army back in force on trust pilot. How many times do they need to review about the same plan 😂😂😂

• Haha
Oh yeah, forgot that part! Not mental health, just a SW curse...of course!

• Haha
problem is he can't possibly just say - in my experience upping calories can help you not binge so much as its less restrictive. Its - this is the ONLY way to NEVER binge again - Dan Jones has not binged once since he's done my plan... :rolleyes:

Binge eating is not a mental health issue JCMSadie ;) - DW was diagnosed by a doctor to have binge eating disorder and the blame lies only with Slimming World. Which is why he is entitled to trash their business.
Ugh. He said on a recent TikTok that "some might say that cures an eating disorder", he has no idea about EDs.

• Angry
  • Wow
Ugh. He said on a recent TikTok that "some might say that cures an eating disorder", he has no idea about EDs.
He should not be around people with EDs, he is dangerous for people with fragile mental health :mad:

:mad: :mad: OMG I've just gone on his TikTok - why did I do that he makes me want to scream - he is so arrogant!!

Unlike most people on here I haven't been on the 80:20 lifestyle plan, I'm not looking to lose weight I'm just interested in health and fitness and his tiktoks came up on my FYP - when I'd watched a few and looked in to him - I was hopeful that not too many people were taking his advice and found this thread and fortunately lots of other people that agree. I follow a plant based diet so any Tiktoks he does on veganism really grinds my gears, because as usual he can't accept that he isn't an expert on this type of diet/ lifestyle and wants to put it down.

Someone has taken him to task on it on his tiktok - well done valerie Gillingham whoever you are! She comes back to say that she would rather listen to Dr Michael Greger's point of view on Diabetes and a plant based diet - he is a leading doctor on the subject and has written very well respected books on the subject which reference scientific evidence for everything he writes about. DW then does another Tiktok - clearly not having any idea about who Dr Greger is and tells her that she shouldn't just listen to one person (she didn't say that) - apparently its lovely that she 'likes this person' but he likes lots of people that don't know what they are talking about too :mad: (patronising duck@r!) . Also - apparently DW has been studying this most of his life too so he also knows what he is talking about and finally doctors don't know that much about nutrition!!

Dan if you are reading this, (I have a sneaky suspicion that you do) to put yourself on a par with Dr Greger is beyond obnoxious.

The fact that you don't even know who he is says everything tbh, but also you haven't studied anything?? you have no qualifications!!- he on the other hand:

Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized professional speaker on a number of important public health issues. Dr. Greger has lectured at the Conference on World Affairs, the National Institutes of Health, and the International Bird Flu Summit, among countless other symposia and institutions; testified before Congress; has appeared on shows such as The Colbert Report and The Dr. Oz Show; and was invited as an expert witness in defense of Oprah Winfrey at the infamous "meat defamation" trial. In 2017, he was honored with the ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Trailblazer Award.

He has written several scientific publications - please link me to some of yours?

He also has qualifications in nutrition:
Dr. Greger is also licensed as a general practitioner specializing in clinical nutrition and is a founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. He was featured on the Healthy Living Channel promoting his latest nutrition DVDs and honored to teach part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell's esteemed nutrition course at Cornell University. Dr. Greger's nutrition work can be found at NutritionFacts.org, which is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit charity.

Dr. Greger is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Agriculture and the Tufts University School of Medicine.

Dr. Greger is proud to be a Council of Directors member of the global voice for lifestyle as medicine, the True Health Initiative (THI). This is a growing coalition of more than 360 world experts representing 35 countries. It is an unprecedented assembly that includes physicians, university Deans, former Surgeon Generals, Olympic athletes, chefs, environmental professionals and a diverse group of nutritionists. Together they offer clarity over confusion and support the foundational principles of healthy eating and healthy living.

Oh and he is also a well known philanthropist, his donations run in to the millions:

All speaking fees and proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sale of his books and DVDs are donated to charity.

Dan you running a weightloss programme that, in my opionion, is scammy at best it doesn't even compare.
Please don't say that you have 'studied for 12 years' you haven't studied anywhere and maybe if you weren't so condescending to people like you are to that woman bringing Dr Greger up then perhaps people wouldn't dislike you so much! Oh and if you do know so much about Plant based diets and have 'studied' it - why do you not know who Dr Greger is - his book is the leading scientific backed book on the subject and he is quoted in practically everything I have read on veganism.

Sorry for the long post - had to put it somewhere (and not saying plant based is the only diet worth doing!)- I just want to point out that DW knows nothing about it and to give someone advice on diabetes is ridiculous. Stay in your lane Dan - you run a diet club, you are not a doctor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
:mad: :mad: OMG I've just gone on his TikTok - why did I do that he makes me want to scream - he is so arrogant!!

Unlike most people on here I haven't been on the 80:20 lifestyle plan, I'm not looking to lose weight I'm just interested in health and fitness and his tiktoks came up on my FYP - when I'd watched a few and looked in to him - I was hopeful that not too many people were taking his advice and found this thread and fortunately lots of other people that agree. I follow a plant based diet so any Tiktoks he does on veganism really grinds my gears, because as usual he can't accept that he isn't an expert on this type of diet/ lifestyle and wants to put it down.

Someone has taken him to task on it on his tiktok - well done valerie Gillingham whoever you are! She comes back to say that she would rather listen to Dr Michael Greger's point of view on Diabetes and a plant based diet - he is a leading doctor on the subject and has written very well respected books on the subject which reference scientific evidence for everything he writes about. DW then does another Tiktok - clearly not having any idea about who Dr Greger is and tells her that she shouldn't just listen to one person (she didn't say that) - apparently its lovely that she 'likes this person' but he likes lots of people that don't know what they are talking about too :mad: (patronising duck@r!) . Also - apparently DW has been studying this most of his life too so he also knows what he is talking about and finally doctors don't know that much about nutrition!!

Dan if you are reading this, to put yourself on a par with Dr Greger is beyond obnoxious.

The fact that you don't even know who he is says everything tbh, but also you haven't studied anything?? you have no qualifications!!- he on the other hand:

Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized professional speaker on a number of important public health issues. Dr. Greger has lectured at the Conference on World Affairs, the National Institutes of Health, and the International Bird Flu Summit, among countless other symposia and institutions; testified before Congress; has appeared on shows such as The Colbert Report and The Dr. Oz Show; and was invited as an expert witness in defense of Oprah Winfrey at the infamous "meat defamation" trial. In 2017, he was honored with the ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Trailblazer Award.

He has written several scientific publications - please link me to some of yours?

Dr. Greger is also licensed as a general practitioner specializing in clinical nutrition and is a founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. He was featured on the Healthy Living Channel promoting his latest nutrition DVDs and honored to teach part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell's esteemed nutrition course at Cornell University. Dr. Greger's nutrition work can be found at NutritionFacts.org, which is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit charity.

Dr. Greger is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Agriculture and the Tufts University School of Medicine.

Dr. Greger is proud to be a Council of Directors member of the global voice for lifestyle as medicine, the True Health Initiative (THI). This is a growing coalition of more than 360 world experts representing 35 countries. It is an unprecedented assembly that includes physicians, university Deans, former Surgeon Generals, Olympic athletes, chefs, environmental professionals and a diverse group of nutritionists. Together they offer clarity over confusion and support the foundational principles of healthy eating and healthy living.

Oh and he is also a well known philanthropist, his donations run in to the millions:

All speaking fees and proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sale of his books and DVDs are donated to charity.

Dan you running a weightloss programme that, in my opionion, is scammy at best it doesn't even compare.
Please don't say that you have 'studied for 12 years' you haven't studied anywhere and maybe if you weren't so condescending to people like you are to that woman bringing Dr Greger up then perhaps people wouldn't dislike you so much!

Sorry for the long post - had to put it somewhere (and not saying plant based is the only diet worth doing!)- I just want to point out that DW knows nothing about it and to give someone advice on diabetes is ridiculous. Stay in your lane Dan - you run a diet club, you are not a doctor.
Love his books! The how not to die cookbook is fab. I was plantbased for years.

• Heart

Dan if you are reading this, (I have a sneaky suspicion that you do) to put yourself on a par with Dr Greger is beyond obnoxious.

Please don't say that you have 'studied for 12 years' you haven't studied anywhere and maybe if you weren't so condescending to people like you are to that woman bringing Dr Greger up then perhaps people wouldn't dislike you so much! Oh and if you do know so much about Plant based diets and have 'studied' it - why do you not know who Dr Greger is - his book is the leading scientific backed book on the subject and he is quoted in practically everything I have read on veganism.

I saw this! However, the video has now been removed - and there’s now one going on about the toxicity of social media!!! 😂😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Love his books! The how not to die cookbook is fab. I was plantbased for years.
Yes I agree - although they're hard work to read, but worthwhile if you interested are interested in plant based diets or nutrition in general.

Also - apparently DW has been studying this most of his life too so he also knows what he is talking about and finally doctors don't know that much about nutrition!!
I know what he studied at college, because it was the exact some thing I was studying. It wasn't anything to do with nutrition.

• Heart
  • Wow
I saw this! However, the video has now been removed - and there’s now one going on about the toxicity of social media!!! 😂😂🤦‍♀️
:rolleyes: typical!

The way he speaks to people - its honestly so condescending - 'oh bless you - choosing to take the opinion on your diabetes of a leading doctor that specialises in this, but I actually know more than he does' - takes a swig of energy drink...

I know what he studied at college, because it was the exact some thing I was studying. It wasn't anything to do with nutrition.
He is a dangerous man - he's got a god complex, I genuinely think he believes he knows more than medical doctors.

Last edited:
Putting my personal feelings to one side I think he did great with the weight-loss and fitness journey. And looking at the videos from that time his presentation was slick and professional. If he'd ridden that waive, and accepted that the 5 minutes of fame might come to an end then he'd be enjoying a decent degree of success I'm sure.

Sadly it sounds like the 'all I do is change lives' mantra has gone to his head. When he wrote about the meals for every school kid and homes for the homeless....... Marcus Rashford couldn't feed every school kid and he's worth £16m, with an international profile and endorsements from household brands. Making such bold statement is an exercise in futility because he'll never be able to follow through on it.

What to feed people? Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, and don't film it for Tik Tok.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Putting my personal feelings to one side I think he did great with the weight-loss and fitness journey. And looking at the videos from that time his presentation was slick and professional. If he'd ridden that waive, and accepted that the 5 minutes of fame might come to an end then he'd be enjoying a decent degree of success I'm sure.

Sadly it sounds like the 'all I do is change lives' mantra has gone to his head. When he wrote about the meals for every school kid and homes for the homeless....... Marcus Rashford couldn't feed every school kid and he's worth £16m, with an international profile and endorsements from household brands. Making such bold statement is an exercise in futility because he'll never be able to follow through on it.

What to feed people? Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, and don't film it for Tik Tok.
I agree with you, there are lots of people that run very good businesses helping people with diet and fitness and he could have done this really well, and has done at times, except that he obviously then starts taking himself too seriously and will not listen to anyone else. He doesn't ever seem to be able to say 'I don't know enough about it to comment' or 'I may be wrong but...' it is always - he knows everything there is to know about it and anyone that disagrees is a troll or a loser regardless of any expertise that they demonstrate.

• Heart
I hope someone took a screen recording of that diabetes video. I couldn't cos I'm at work, but I watched it walking between meetings. Not only was he claiming he knows more than a globally respected medical expert, he also claimed to be a qualified sports and exercise nutritionist...another bleeping lie. He lies without even missing a beat, it's disgusting.

Still there for me, but not when I try to share the link, so it must be a tiktok glitch working in my favour. I took a screen recording, just trying to figure out how to share.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.