Dan Wheeler 8020 #10 All my lives are done and dusted, they stopped me posting - I can’t be trusted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an appointment with a personal coach/nutritionist today and explained how things currently are after 8020. Came to a realisation, I didn’t typically binge eat before joining 8020 sure I’m fat/overweight etc and may have pre 8020 occasionally have a cheat night or extra hungry evening but generally stuck to the nhs average cal. On joining 8020 I was given a higher cal range and found that I would add in extras to my normal eating pattern to meet the cals assigned and would usually do this at night when I was home, yes I walked more up to 10k steps but was putting on weight and losing the odd 1/2 - 1cm every few weeks over all (probably measuring in different places etc) anyway since leaving 8020 I find that I am my most hungry in the evening ans what she said threw me, essentially 8020 caused me to create a binge eating habit in the evening but to meet my cal allowance. Obv she’s only going on what I’ve told her but she said she’s seen this with other diets in the past etc such as the usuals where foods are ‘free’ unweighted. But essentially the same. She was really helpful and we have a plan in place where I essentially have to start again slowly reducing cal and fight the urge I’ve created in the evenings.
I’m sure you can all appreciate this which is why I’m posting it here incase anyone also not on the plan or on the plan reads this and something rings true. I honestly wish I had never seen DW on TT, joined the plan or listened to ‘trust the process’. For everyone he says he’s saved I think he’s damaged 10x more people judging by the number here and on fb finally speaking up v the same few people who defend him time and time again.

Of too lick my wounds from the plan that just keeps giving! And not in a positive way

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
This.

I'm angry on a personal level because mental health crises are not subjective, as in your can't be having a breakdown related to something you just don't want to do, but be fine enough to carry on other things. That's just avoidance/laziness/lack of willingness to face up to your mistakes.

I'm currently really struggling with my depression, and it's making me tit at my job. Unmotivated, hiding, missing deadlines, unable to make decisions, questioning my ability and worth etc. But I'm also doing all that in relation to things that typically bring me joy and involve no stress. Because I can't CHOOSE which areas are impacted - they ALL are.
ALL . OF . THIS!!!

Reactions: 8
I had an appointment with a personal coach/nutritionist today and explained how things currently are after 8020. Came to a realisation, I didn’t typically binge eat before joining 8020 sure I’m fat/overweight etc and may have pre 8020 occasionally have a cheat night or extra hungry evening but generally stuck to the nhs average cal. On joining 8020 I was given a higher cal range and found that I would add in extras to my normal eating pattern to meet the cals assigned and would usually do this at night when I was home, yes I walked more up to 10k steps but was putting on weight and losing the odd 1/2 - 1cm every few weeks over all (probably measuring in different places etc) anyway since leaving 8020 I find that I am my most hungry in the evening ans what she said threw me, essentially 8020 caused me to create a binge eating habit in the evening but to meet my cal allowance. Obv she’s only going on what I’ve told her but she said she’s seen this with other diets in the past etc such as the usuals where foods are ‘free’ unweighted. But essentially the same. She was really helpful and we have a plan in place where I essentially have to start again slowly reducing cal and fight the urge I’ve created in the evenings.
I’m sure you can all appreciate this which is why I’m posting it here incase anyone also not on the plan or on the plan reads this and something rings true. I honestly wish I had never seen DW on TT, joined the plan or listened to ‘trust the process’. For everyone he says he’s saved I think he’s damaged 10x more people judging by the number here and on fb finally speaking up v the same few people who defend him time and time again.

Of too lick my wounds from the plan that just keeps giving! And not in a positive way
Omg I had never thought of this. I would sometimes be sat eating a bowl of porridge and pop tarts at night to meet my cals. It's a habit that has stuck and now I feel like I always need something to eat in the evening in front of the TV

Reactions: 12
Burying your head in the sand because you fucked up another business due to your own flaws and arrogance, yet still having the drive to set up a new enterprise isn't a bleeping mental health issue, its an ego issue! He can't face telling everyone he messed it all up and is having to step away or sell, or disband his company...because that company is his identity/image and that is everything to him. This is a massive Narcissistic tantrum, he'll hope it'll blow over and he can just slide away unnoticed, and everyone will just leave it... i wonder just how many people will be after him for refunds now? No wonder he needs a new job, he needs income to pay everyone back.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Burying your head in the sand because you fucked up another business due to your own flaws and arrogance, yet still having the drive to set up a new enterprise isn't a bleeping mental health issue, its an ego issue! He can't face telling everyone he messed it all up and is having to step away or sell, or disband his company...because that company is his identity/image and that is everything to him. This is a massive Narcissistic tantrum, he'll hope it'll blow over and he can just slide away unnoticed, and everyone will just leave it... i wonder just how many people will be after him for refunds now? No wonder he needs a new job, he needs income to pay everyone back.
I think it's safe to assume this round of refunds will go the same as all the priors including his previous failed DIET businesses, the book, the meals for children, etc. etc. etc.

So sad for those who bought in, the financial damage would appear to be among the least of it. He has harmed a lot of people's well being!

Reactions: 11
8020 still has a decent number of members to turn things around. All he really has to do is hire a couple of people who can offer regular content for a few hundred pounds a week and he has no overheads. He'd rather see the company fall apart than stop being the face of it. It's craxy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg I had never thought of this. I would sometimes be sat eating a bowl of porridge and pop tarts at night to meet my cals. It's a habit that has stuck and now I feel like I always need something to eat in the evening in front of the TV
It really is scary how quickly habits are formed and in this case something he professes to be able to stop in 16 weeks! The PT I saw today said the cals I was set were maintenance calories at the very least but she wouldn’t honestly put anyone that high aiming to lose or wasn’t a lot more active ie physically training multiple times a week. I know it’s all very ambiguous as every trainer has varying views but what she said about bingeing hit home and something I really didn’t do before joining 8020

Wonder how many people in the academy have responded to his mh post this morning… can they see through the lies?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
As predicted by many of us. This is where he goes too when he knows it's over AGAIN. He won't want to face the music of what the hell is Matt doing pretending to be him, His company taking money off people who have told them they no longer want to be on the plan. Hounding a woman to pay up because her payments are late even though she's left and where the hell as he been. That's just in the last two weeks. He's accountable for his companies actions yet he's going to back door it and leave the tit for Sean an Karen. They deserve it anyway for enabling him an telling him he's doing nothing wrong.

He's suffering with his MH get him some help. Maybe doing something different will help with that with the drive cleaning. But If he's out and working then I'm sorry he can also be working with 80/20. minimal he can have Matt stop pretending to be him which is becoming weirder an weirder and why does he need to be on camera it could just be his voice in the academy.

One last grasp at please don't all leave me .... Unfortunately yes it is. I've seen this before as many of you have many times. People are never going to get money back that's owed. It is basically over for 80/20 unless there is some massive massive changes and very quickly. Some will blame these threads an tick tok accounts and let them deep down they know where the problem was all along. Be lucky to see 80/20 still existing into to new year I think or unlucky 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To anyone who says we are attacking him due to his mental health issues, please read back and see how many times we have said the people close to him needed to intervene and that he needed help. Not once has anyone close agreed with this. They stood back and allowed it to happen while encouraging him by stroking his ego. It's been obvious to anyone who has seen him that the guy has issues, but I don't think that right now he can use the umbrella term of mental health issues.

For me it's too convenient timing, his business is failing, his member numbers are going down quicker than Karen's knickers around Dan, and it's at this stage he suddenly has these MH problems that mean he cannot take part in lives. If this was the first time I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think this is round 3 or 4 all played out the same way. If the MH problems had happened when the business was at its peak it would be different but suddenly things are tough going and he bolts, wash rinse repeat.

Those closest to him I used to feel sorry for them, they were suckered in in the same way many of us were, but now after they have seen all the evidence, read all the testimonies, they still choose to stand by him and support his appalling behaviour. What's the saying? Bad things happen because good men do nothing? They all allowed it to happen by supporting him, being vile to people on his behalf, they are as guilty as he is.

It was world mental health day yesterday, I feel like he is making a mockery of people (including myself) who genuinely suffer every day. Mental health is not an excuse for your bad decisions coming back to haunt you, own your own actions don't hide behind MH.

#57 over and out

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Been reading the thread today and really think a lot of you have articulated your responses to his bad mental health so well, and I hope that those of you that have had this experience are okay ❤

Sorry not sorry, but I don't feel for Dan Wheeler at all.

I follow the story of a young boy who is living with Duchene disease (DMD) it causes progressive lack of muscle. I won't post the page name as I wouldn't want to attach a young childs name to a gossip site. But he has had to start using a wheelchair at just 12 years old, and his mother posted this morning about how he was struggling mentally with this and had cut up photos of himself in the wheelchair. My heart breaks for him, and others that have this type of struggle in their lives. It also made me cast my mind back to a video of DW trying 'comedy' by laughing at a scenario where a man trying to park his wheelchair safely on public transport asked him to give up his seat and Mr 'fit and healthy' Wheeler's punchline was 'why should I give up my seat when he already has one?' :mad: Hilarious. I bring this up because this is just ONE example of him being an absolute grade A c@nt to other people without caring one bit about what he knows about their story/ life. I shall reserve all my symapthies for those that truly deserve it.

This is karma, in my opinion, if you put lots of bad energy out there then expect to get it back. He clearly can't take it though so maybe he should think twice about charging people for training on mindset, when he clearly doesn't have the coping mechanisms himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You really couldn't write this but no one has been announced as a winner they've been messaged privately.... Of course they have

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
There was only 30 entrants as the post was only shared 30 times there's no way they are giving away anything. If this isn't enough for people to scream at them what the duck then I don't know what is...

Where have you seen that?
Facebook. In the comments. They've messaged the winners privately.

Reactions: 14
You really couldn't write this but no one has been announced as a winner they've been messaged privately.... Of course they have
What a total scam. Sad to think some might be so desperate and vulnerable to be taken in by this …

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.