Dan and Phil

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(There is a thread that refers to Dan and Phil but it wasn’t very active so I’ve made a separate one. Even if it’s just me shouting into the void :ROFLMAO: sorry if it’s not in the right place! )

Where to begin. :rolleyes: Ok so... honestly, I’m a d&p fan. Interact with them on twitter and stuff, been to II. I was on the other D&P forum (in depth bants) but they don’t like it if you criticise them. But honestly I feel a bit mugged off lately. With Dan totally silent and avoiding the Internet completely, DAPG dead, and Phil churning out crappy content. Dan’s hiatus I can understand to a point because being an influencer on the level he is is bound to make you burn out. But Phil’s content especially lately is just awful... feels really clickbait-y, quick money grabbing videos rather than anything he really cares about.

And WRT Dan’s hiatus I do feel like he should at least interact with the fans. Not that I think he owes us an explanation (he doesn’t) or that he should come back if he wants to (ditto) but he seems to come back every now and then when there’s merch to shill (I think just before phil’s merch dropped he posted a selfie?) and dangle little crumbs (e.g. in his newsletter saying ‘look out for new merch and maybe even a video’) - it’s that which I don’t like, the fact that he’ll drop little hints and nothing comes of it because to me it just feels like he’s trying to keep people hanging on for nothing. Like, if there’s going to be a video — say so. If there isn’t or you don’t feel ready, don’t mention anything.

Then again maybe I’m being bitter! 😆

Reactions: 3
Dan has basically given up on YouTube from my perspective, which was a shame because I enjoyed his content when he wasn’t going too “existential crisis Dan”. I liked Phil, but always hated his content, it was too immature for his age. I felt as time went on Dan and Phil both went too far into their characters of Dan and Phil and everything seemed a bit forced, but because they avoided scandal nobody really called them out for it. DAPG was just terrible games mostly, which was disappointing, they kept pandering to the young ‘Phandom’ rather than maturing themselves.

Phil is definitely on a money grab right now, with YT Membership, AD deals, Q&A’s giving nothing interesting but forcing Phil into his brand character rather than actual real life Phil. And the content is terrible. Dan just needs to admit to having quit YouTube, that April Fools tweets was disrespectful to his viewers and it really pissed me off.

They both have the problem of having their Dan and Phil characters being too different from what they probably are like In real life.

Reactions: 1
I think that Phil is desperately clinging on to any piece of attention that he can get, I used to be a big fan of them until the end of 2017 when I grew disinterested in their content. Youtube has changed a lot since they peaked in 2016 and I believe that they are finding it difficult to stay relevant. Dan’s will he won’t he upload act is getting a bit boring and it’s clear that he is just doing it to keep his followers on their toes. Not only is it resulting in his followers moving on due to lack of content, I find it disrespectful to his long time fans who are truly clinging on to the hope that he will interact with them again.

Used to like these 2 and enjoyed their joint videos. I do find it a bit strange though that they never have had relationships, or never even been rumoured to be with people. I know their fans ship them but I don't buy it. Has there ever been even a rumour that they've dated people?

I’m glad he’s finally comfortable enough to post that. I’m wondering if him and phil are really still the best of friends they claim to be or if things got rocky between them and they just play it up for the camera

Dan is a really good storyteller and always has been, I think it was good that he talked about his experiences which I'm sure a lot of people can identify with. I'm glad he finally feels comfortable to come out. I doubt many are going to be shocked though but I'm happy for him.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, we all "knew", but it is importantly he felt comfortable before telling us and his story.

I have always liked Dan, less so his Danisnotonfire character, but I'm happy he's happy.

Reactions: 6
Just watched most of his video.. not all of it because I got bored and was never a fan of them anyway. I never got the obsession with them that people had. I did always think they were a couple though, am I right in thinking that he confirmed this? but also added that he doesn't want this being discussed as its his private life.

Reactions: 2
Just watched most of his video.. not all of it because I got bored and was never a fan of them anyway. I never got the obsession with them that people had. I did always think they were a couple though, am I right in thinking that he confirmed this? but also added that he doesn't want this being discussed as its his private life.
He confirmed it in so many words. Said they had a romantic connection and are soulmates. I think that is confirmation! The fans are next level obsessed with them being a couple, so I see why they never explicitly said so.

Reactions: 2
Phil’s coming out video was very “him” I thought. Short, sweet and funny.

It’s nice they can be who they are on the internet now, although Phil seems much less tortured about his sexuality than Dan. Seems like something he accepted and has been open about for a while!

Reactions: 5
Phils video was nice short and sweet. Ive actually really enjoyed watching peoples coming out videos. Its been good to hear different peoples experiences in life.

Resurrecting this thread bc of Dans last video lol. Nice to see them open up a bit

Reactions: 5