Damiano David/Måneskin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good heavens, can’t believe such filth has been posted here 🥵 pass me the smelling salts!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think I‘ve died and gone to heaven. How can four people be so freaking hot 🥵🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I know this is a rave thread so I'll get this of my chest and then leave 😅
What has happened to this band!!?? I'm sick of their exhibitionist behaviour behaving like parodies of rock stars. They seen to think the more nudity display the edgier they are and its soooo boring.
The new music is tit they've sold out and now only release singles in English and I'm sorry but Damianos accent when singing in English is cringey af. He thinks he's irresistible which may have been true once but recently he's just made himself look ridiculous and repulsive with his new 'style.' I just can't take them seriously anymore. :confused:

As you were.

Reactions: 13
What has happened to this band!!?? I'm sick of their exhibitionist behaviour behaving like parodies of rock stars. They seen to think the more nudity display the edgier they are and its soooo boring.
The new music is tit they've sold out and now only release singles in English and I'm sorry but Damianos accent when singing in English is cringey af. He thinks he's irresistible which may have been true once but recently he's just made himself look ridiculous and repulsive with his new 'style.' I just can't take them seriously anymore. :confused:

As you were.
I agree with the nudity, its got really boring.

I mean i still get the fanny flutters from Damiano but enough is enough.

Reactions: 5

As you were.
I've been browsing their subreddit here and there and a lot of people seem to have similar opinions on this sexy image that the band is pushing. A few mentioned the appeal to teenage/young adult girls which is... yeah idk, doesn't really feel right for some reason

My opinion on the song - eh. I made it about halfway through and got bored. The lyrics don't really seem to flow all that well and the subject or point of the lyrics seems to change a couple of times with no context too? He seems to be trying to poke fun at this new-found fame but I just don't think it really works that well
His pronunciation has definitely improved though. I know there's a few English covers where it's hard to figure out what is being sung

I wonder if this is the sound they're going to keep and move away from the ballads? It seems to suit their current image a bit better, and I imagine it has better international appeal too. I think it could be fun if they find the sweet spot between IWBYS and lyrics that don't get awfully repetitive but also flow nicely together

Reactions: 5
I think they are going with a commercial / controversial image & sound for the first single to keep people talking about them. The album will hopefully have some more lovely Italian songs a la La paura del buio, Coraline etc. The thing is, he's a great lyricist in Italian, those songs are all pure poetry. The english songs are the sexier songs IMO because he hasn't got the vocab to write like he does in Italian.

Reactions: 7
Sorry I know this is a rave thread but I can't warm to Mammamia at all, it just sounds so commerical, I really hope the rest of the album is like their pre-eurovision stuff. Mammamia sounded like it was catered towards the teenage tiktok girl demographic (which isn't neccisarily bad Oliva Rodrigo seems to be doing alright) but it was just a bit cringe.

Honestly the new song sucks and the more he and the band posts the less attractive he gets 🤷‍♀️ idk the forced "I'm so edgy and sexy and rock and roll" is embarrassing it seems so contrived.
That being said, they were on both the X Factor AND Eurovision so obviously they are going to be cringe and contrived.
I am surprised they didn't replace Thomas for someone more sexy bc he doesnt fit the rest of their look

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Miaow!!! Thomas is a fantastic guitarist and they are all best friends, so why would they replace him? He is super cool and kind as well. So you don't like the music or the image, that's fine, but don't hate on Thomas please.

Miaow!!! Thomas is a fantastic guitarist and they are all best friends, so why would they replace him? He is super cool and kind as well. So you don't like the music or the image, that's fine, but don't hate on Thomas please.
I don't hate Thomas at all the opposite in fact I just mean if they are being marketed as this hyper sexual group with the defining feature is being hot and sexy he isn't fitting the bill the way the others do. I mean it from a marketing standpoint

I think I've gone off him. Maybe. The haircut was the beginning of the end 😂

This was peak Damiano for me...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they have sold out. They are definitely trying too hard to shock now and it's wearing thin.

I think I've gone off him. Maybe. The haircut was the beginning of the end 😂

This was peak Damiano for me...

Once he got that mullet he started to look like Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer and lost all appeal lmao

Ethan's long hair gives me Jacob from Twilight vibes

Reactions: 6
the paparazzi shots they shared before the song got released looked so staged 😬

not sure if it was meant as a bit of a joke but ehhh

Reactions: 4
Yeah I’m over it. They’re trying way too hard at this point. Sex sells but there is a line and it’s just boring now. That and the new song is shite 😂

Reactions: 8
Ooh the tides are turning. It's really disappointing tbh. They were such an exciting band when they won Eurovision (which, yes, is not that rock and roll) and although they came from X factor the songs they wrote themselves were either really beautiful or really catchy and they seemed like fun, down to earth people but they're throwing it all away with this weird over-produced BDSM image, Damiano's making himself less attractive every day, forcing that gravelly voice to the point of parody and they've started taking themselves way too seriously. Their 5 minutes of fame will be over soon if they're not careful.

Also it says on Wikipedia now that Damiano is 22. I swear it said before that he was 24 which already seemed too young for how he looks. Is he lying about his age now? As for the others, they are so so young still so I can only hope they'll mature a bit as time goes on and go back to their roots.