Daisy May Cooper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed that and I'm pleased she's produced something decent. I agree with @littlepup though - everyone was pretty horrible so I didn't care what happened really. That scene when the dead guy is upstairs shagging his gf loudly in someone else's house then he comes down and shags Daisy's character in the utility room with her son outside listening is grim.

It's clearly got semi-autobiographical elements. I do feel a bit sorry for her ex-husband.

Reactions: 6
It was really good! There’s a lot of small foreshadowing which you don’t think much of until later

I really didn’t understand the name though. Am I meant to be evaluating whether they are being reasonable throughout? This really could have used a name drop and explanation within the actual series for me

Reactions: 5
It was really good! There’s a lot of small foreshadowing which you don’t think much of until later

I really didn’t understand the name though. Am I meant to be evaluating whether they are being reasonable throughout? This really could have used a name drop and explanation within the actual series for me
It's the name of a thread on Mumsnet where women ask the internet if they are the dick or if, in fact, the other person in the scenario is.

Reactions: 7
I felt after episode 1 that the mumsnet link kind of disappeared? Maybe that’s just me

Agree totally about the name. However over on MN they’re all patting themselves on the back about how she must have got all the storylines and references from MN

I mean, I have never seen ‘AIBU to have accidentally on purpose murdered my husband’s brother who I was also shagging behind his wife’s back’ but whatever. Also saw someone say after watching the first episode ‘does DMC think everyone on MN is a 40 year old middle class woman with a cleaner. I mean, that’s me to tee but we all can’t be can we?’ because they can’t refrain from telling everyone they’re middle class and can afford a cleaner at every opportunity 🙄 I had to stop myself from saying, no, but there are plenty on MN who are pretending that’s them like one of the other characters

Reactions: 2
This show has been on my mind all day.

So, Daisy's character didn't have many friends, had fallen out with Alex's gf, had a husband who was a scummy cheat and seemed to really dislike her, had 'the love of her life' declare it was all a scam, had her parenting skills called into question by several people and her MIL detests her. On top of that, she then kills her husband's brother. The whole pile of them were intensely dislikeable really.

Reactions: 2
Just finished binging today absolutely loved it totally not what I was expecting I thought it was going to be a comedy but it wasn't really, best new series I've seen for ages fingers crossed for series 2. Like others have said thought dmc was a one trick pony and Charlie had all the talent but she's really proved herself.

Reactions: 7
Wow, I've just finished it today and all I can say is wow.
I'm glad she's back to her best

Last edited:
I’m really enjoying it so far and the actor who plays her son is a gem! She is undoubtedly talented at writing, hope there is more in the future from her.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.