Daily Diva Diary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Requested thread for Daily Diva Diary who “forgets” to use the #spon #ad in her try ons

Reactions: 4
Requested thread for Daily Diva Diary who “forgets” to use the #spon #ad in her try ons
Thanks so much for setting this up, @Shop girl. I can't create posts yet but I think this thread is badly needed!! Hopefully other people find it!

Just a quick bit about DDD - she's from Cork, mid forties, a teacher married to a doctor, and has four kids. She's on the go a long time now, definitely not new to the Insta game. I've been aware of her for ages but only recently started watching as she keeps appearing on my Explore page.

She doesn't seem to follow ANY advertising rules. She does try ons for lots of boutiques, and if you're lucky the first story in a series of about 50 will be marked as #SP and nothing on all the rest, but more often than not there'll be nothing at all on a series of stories to indicate you're watching an ad. It drives me insane! Can't stand influencers who act like they're above the rules!! Someone on a past LLL thread mentioned contacting DDD about her lack of correctly using #ad etc and they didn't get a greet response!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Some examples of her unmarked adverts from the last week or two alone!
011A3437-0E25-4A5B-A9B7-C2A47CD731B2.jpeg
05CA2704-1C36-4F34-B3A9-BF0448015E0E.jpeg
56881D8F-0AA6-450D-9AAD-30DF61CA71A5.jpeg
63CE54B4-CC17-470F-9EDE-7675BDD89468.jpeg
EBFCF392-23F3-40D8-861B-9E9530E14F3C.png
466EF037-286C-4595-8DD2-9081ECF9699D.jpeg
C0B0B9DB-07FD-4F03-914F-256450A58DCF.jpeg
728B97F1-D350-4D8B-9B6E-A5E782A6458C.jpeg
6C18E2AB-0FDB-450B-9D27-D98A1504D499.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
And, interestingly, since I mentioned her on here a few days ago, I see she has edited some of her recent grid posts to include #ad or #sp! See photos below.

Wonder will she cop on and start tagging her stories properly too, now that she has a thread here. I see today's stories ARE tagged as #sp.

OK, I'll stop posting about her now 😂

AEB90F58-9E64-426D-A18D-5FE4C52A24E5.jpeg
AF91F4B9-80CD-4CA0-B53A-220410536B67.jpeg
E043EA36-8E6E-429C-94F4-0C845CC79CB3.jpeg

• Haha
It’s still ridiculous that she has been earning a very decent living from Instagram all these years and it only now putting the correct label. I’m also almost certain it was said to her previously as I have a recollection of her mentioning that she will always tag appropriately where necessary.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree, @Gizmo123! She's at this a long time and is definitely earning nicely from it. She's actually nearly as bad as LLL for the relentless selling. She's lucky to have slipped under the radar for so long and to have gotten away with ignoring ASAI rules.
Someone on LLL'S thread said they challenged her before but to no avail. Can't understand why so many people on here think she's genuine and not like the rest.

Reactions: 6
She is very eloquent and writes big long descriptions on her Facebook posts but can’t spell sponsored in full or else amongst the hashtags might be a #sp or #ad but not very obvious. She did come on stories recently saying she always is clear about when something is an ad but I beg to disagree.
9DE78619-A8BC-4A41-9F09-2B95D29039C2.jpeg

Attachments

Jesus those dresses are awful. I gave up watching her ages ago. Way too much advertising

She is very eloquent and writes big long descriptions on her Facebook posts but can’t spell sponsored in full or else amongst the hashtags might be a #sp or #ad but not very obvious. She did come on stories recently saying she always is clear about when something is an ad but I beg to disagree.
I think by law she's OK once she uses #ad or #sp. Though I agree when they're hidden in a big list of hash tags it's not clear. Also ASAI guidelines say it should be clear to the watcher that something is an ad before they engage with the material. The way she does it (the odd time she does mark as an ad) you have to read to the very end of an ad to potentially realise it's an ad.

@Shop girl, did you see the "Nicola Ross Feb" highlight on her Insta, third highlight from the left? It's a whole series of stories for Nicola Ross shop and not a sign of ad or sponsored. This photo is the first story in the series of about 30 and not a #ad or #sp to be seen!! So her saying she's always clear about when something is an ad is not true. Drives me insane that she's above the rules!

48137D49-458D-4CA5-8533-4D332317603F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
That is the reason I unfollowed her. I hate the falseness of it.
At some point I realised that they are all just in it for the cash and nothing else.

Reactions: 7
That is the reason I unfollowed her. I hate the falseness of it.
At some point I realised that they are all just in it for the cash and nothing else.
The falseness is off the charts with this one. Lots of people seem blind to it though - maybe because she comes across as so sensible and kinda well to do, but she's in it for the money, like them all.

She must be reading here! Today's grid post has #ad as the first hashtag!

9CA63237-6433-4A75-9D1A-BF75508173A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, saw that! #Ad in huge writing on every single story! 🤣 Can't be a coincidence!

C04050B7-4854-4BCA-BA45-324CFF1F2865.jpeg

Well fair play to her for reading and actually doing something about it, needs to keep doing it now. Could the #AD in the pics been any bigger or more obvious, I’d say it’s a bit of an F___ You to Tattle but whatever! Wonder if she did all the pictures instead of stories cos she’s absolutely raging at being called out and wouldn’t be able to hold her tongue! She doesn’t like being criticised, have seen that before with her.

Reactions: 4
The massive #AD screams passive aggressive to me. I'd say you're right about why she didn't do stories too. No harm she's been called out. Having her very own Tattle thread might shame her into complying from now on. I added her to Waragainstagrammers so it's easy to keep an eye on her without giving her views too.

I used to love her but it's nothing but ads now from her and she did say before she would only promote stuff she loves or would wear herself. She is showing a lot of dresses and shoes that seem to be for older ladies not being ageist I'm early 50s myself and I find a lot of the clothes and shoes lately to be a bit grannified. Just my opinion on them not my style or taste. But I do agree that she never tags as ad and it's very annoying to watch and then realise your watching one big long ad. She seems to her forgotten her #ad in her most recent posts yet again.

Reactions: 5
Out of all the instawankers I really liked this one. Down to earth, genuine, likeable. Now she's just another clone. #ad So disappointed.

This one has turned into LLL, it's constant AD, AD, AD and most of it is rotten.
I’d say she is sickened by LLL as she was the one who put up the original LLL pic at the Galway races all those years ago that caused LLL to start her page and then she waaaay over shot DDD. I met her once in Cork, seemed full of herself and def keeping an eye on who was looking at her so I unfollowed.

• Heart
  • Wow