Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petal1

VIP Member
Requested thread for Daily Diva Diary who “forgets” to use the #spon #ad in her try ons
Thanks so much for setting this up, @Shop girl. I can't create posts yet but I think this thread is badly needed!! Hopefully other people find it!

Just a quick bit about DDD - she's from Cork, mid forties, a teacher married to a doctor, and has four kids. She's on the go a long time now, definitely not new to the Insta game. I've been aware of her for ages but only recently started watching as she keeps appearing on my Explore page.

She doesn't seem to follow ANY advertising rules. She does try ons for lots of boutiques, and if you're lucky the first story in a series of about 50 will be marked as #SP and nothing on all the rest, but more often than not there'll be nothing at all on a series of stories to indicate you're watching an ad. It drives me insane! Can't stand influencers who act like they're above the rules!! Someone on a past LLL thread mentioned contacting DDD about her lack of correctly using #ad etc and they didn't get a greet response!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

DrTemperanceBrennan

I've followed Helen from the beginning and I have to say she offers nothing now except flogging. At that the stuff she is selling most of the time is granny stuff and nothing I'd see her wearing. It's disappointing. She has nothing organic in terms of what she shoes its all prearranged collab/ad stuff.

I think she needs to reflect on what she's at on Instagram and what her target audience is. I'm a few years younger than her and wouldn't be seen dead in anything she's shown in the last few months. And it's thanks to tattle that the sp/collab has appeared on her stories!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
I would hazard a guess that between the Sorrento and Kinsale boutiques and the thermomix she had at least 50 stories up this week that were never tagged as SP let alone the fact they were blantent AD’s and should actually have been tagged as #Ad.
---
Also to add the absolute state of the clothes she advertises for these boutiques are rotten and there is no way in hell she could expect people to believe she wears any of that shite. I have seen her in Douglas and she is far better dressed than that rubbish, which just goes to prove she is all about the money and no morals

Reactions: 7

DrTemperanceBrennan

The latest reel caption has an sp thrown in at the end. As the previous poster said she's been around long enough to know how these things are supposed to be. And honestly i wish she'd stop showing clothes she clearly wouldn't be seen dead in...all for the sake of money. Have some integrity it's something once the money starts rolling in they all seem to forget!

unssupercopine

That is the reason I unfollowed her. I hate the falseness of it.
At some point I realised that they are all just in it for the cash and nothing else.

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
She has ruined her face, tbf she always looked very well but now she just looks a bit “off” and her lips look odd too. Agree also about her completely OTT “strut” it’s ridiculous…a 90’s super model she is not, if she just toned the swagger down it wouldn’t be too bad.
And while I’m here she is at it again with the non disclosed AD for Holos and Ivory Lane…it’s amazing she can manage to tag the AF links and her discount codes but can never seem to find the letters A and D for any of her posts.

gossipie

Chatty Member
She has ruined her face, tbf she always looked very well but now she just looks a bit “off” and her lips look odd too. Agree also about her completely OTT “strut” it’s ridiculous…a 90’s super model she is not, if she just toned the swagger down it wouldn’t be too bad.
And while I’m here she is at it again with the non disclosed AD for Holos and Ivory Lane…it’s amazing she can manage to tag the AF links and her discount codes but can never seem to find the letters A and D for any of her posts.
This is it. She was lovely and has ruined her face. She’s lost any natural charm she had, and as you say, the swagger is off-putting, along with the smirk. Not sure if it’s worse than the poses and fake laugh straight from an ancient clothes catalogue though. 😬

• Haha

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
It’s still ridiculous that she has been earning a very decent living from Instagram all these years and it only now putting the correct label. I’m also almost certain it was said to her previously as I have a recollection of her mentioning that she will always tag appropriately where necessary.

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
She is a complete con woman, not one single post or reel from her ever says AD it’s all “collab” or “sp” so based on that she should only be getting free stuff or discounts not getting actually paid…which of course she is. So what that tells me is she is purposefully trying to con people

Reactions: 6

Saturn01

Jesus those dresses are awful. I gave up watching her ages ago. Way too much advertising

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
For an intelligent woman who has been in the social media game a good few years now how is it that she finds it so hard to use #AD and always seems to opt for a sly #collab or #sp for things she is blatantly selling and was paid to advertise.

• Heart

petal1

VIP Member
The massive #AD screams passive aggressive to me. I'd say you're right about why she didn't do stories too. No harm she's been called out. Having her very own Tattle thread might shame her into complying from now on. I added her to Waragainstagrammers so it's easy to keep an eye on her without giving her views too.

Imcurious

I know someone who lives in her park and they have a ladies WhatsApp group and apparently she never replies or gets involved in anything and the only time she does is when she has an even to flog
I am not a fan of hers but I don’t blame her…those groups are a real pain !! I have most of them silenced 😂

• Haha

petal1

VIP Member
She's getting but too big for her boots, IMO. The sarky comment and the smug looks. I find it very offputting. I dunno if the smugness is just due to whatever she's injecting into her face or what.

Don't even get me started on her ongoing lack of #ad. She just couldn't care less. I think it's time the companies paying these wans for ads should be fined too for not ensuring they comply with the law regarding tagging their stories/posts.

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
That Thermomix thing is all very dodge, not tagged as ad or collab which it surely must be if borrowed from the Thermomix rep, not from a sister or friend. Def thinks she is above the regulations and getting past it by saying it’s borrowed. Never had any tags up when she stayed in the Amanda Cottages a few weekends ago and then running a competition for them again with no tagging.
Oh she is unreal. I think the only reason she is getting away with it is probably because her followers are old fuddy duddy’s who don’t know about Tattle. I really feel she needs to be called out for her many many underhand and sneaky undeclared AD’s

Imcurious

This one has turned into LLL, it's constant AD, AD, AD and most of it is rotten.
I’d say she is sickened by LLL as she was the one who put up the original LLL pic at the Galway races all those years ago that caused LLL to start her page and then she waaaay over shot DDD. I met her once in Cork, seemed full of herself and def keeping an eye on who was looking at her so I unfollowed.

• Heart
  • Wow

petal1

VIP Member
Totally agree, @Gizmo123! She's at this a long time and is definitely earning nicely from it. She's actually nearly as bad as LLL for the relentless selling. She's lucky to have slipped under the radar for so long and to have gotten away with ignoring ASAI rules.
Someone on LLL'S thread said they challenged her before but to no avail. Can't understand why so many people on here think she's genuine and not like the rest.

Iris2020

VIP Member
I used to love her but it's nothing but ads now from her and she did say before she would only promote stuff she loves or would wear herself. She is showing a lot of dresses and shoes that seem to be for older ladies not being ageist I'm early 50s myself and I find a lot of the clothes and shoes lately to be a bit grannified. Just my opinion on them not my style or taste. But I do agree that she never tags as ad and it's very annoying to watch and then realise your watching one big long ad. She seems to her forgotten her #ad in her most recent posts yet again.

Reactions: 5