Critical Race Theory

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the one part of that video I agree with is that some people are faking that they're for racial equality and other social issues, for example woke bros who just pretend, to go with the flow. But that's it.
Most definitely. Social media is full of virtue signalling with people popping up to denounce racism, homophobia, sexism and transphobia along with supporting action against climate change but a lot of it is just empty words.
Most of these people rattle off a 'correct' response then do nothing to actually make any difference in the real world. Half the time they haven't really given it any thought at all, it's just buzz words and meaningless posturing.

Reactions: 8
Hey guys, I just started reading the thread and wanted to ask if you have Critical race theory classes in your own countries?

Because in the US it is only taught at Uni/College. Therefore to a more knowledgeable and older audience who chose to take the class.

In France there is no such thing as Critical race theory classes in elementary, middle and high schools. It is usually talked about through history classes. In which the teachers will show how people were treated differently by the French throughout history. So, most kids are aware of the atrocities committed from a young age.

Last edited:
This has been a strange few years. I was brought up in London, undeniably multicultural. I have had neighbours, acquaintances, colleagues and friends from all cultures. But in the last few years I am wary about engaging with people from different cultures in case I am accused of saying the wrong thing. There seems to be a fight brewing, where innocuous chat is being labelled as racist or a micro aggression, which devalues real racism.

There seems to be a lot of opportunism and a settling of scores, rather than an attempt to equalise things for everybody. It is simpler not to speak in depth to anybody who is not from the same background as me. Writing that a few years ago would have been inconceivable.In a short few years, the aggression about race has become so inflamed. Where we were once together, we are now apart. It suits somebody somewhere to have us all at each other’s throats.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, I feel under the weather and am taking a short break from posting. All the negativity and toxicity from Twitter is truly draining. Will post clown world updates later and will lurk instead.

I hope all of you are doing well. Don't let the bastards get you down.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone, I feel under the weather and am taking a short break from posting. All the negativity and toxicity from Twitter is truly draining. Will post clown world updates later and will lurk instead.

I hope all of you are doing well. Don't let the bastards get you down.
Take care. I enjoy the clown world updates for the incredible levels of stupidity but I can understand why it is depressing at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This has been a strange few years. I was brought up in London, undeniably multicultural. I have had neighbours, acquaintances, colleagues and friends from all cultures. But in the last few years I am wary about engaging with people from different cultures in case I am accused of saying the wrong thing. There seems to be a fight brewing, where innocuous chat is being labelled as racist or a micro aggression, which devalues real racism.

There seems to be a lot of opportunism and a settling of scores, rather than an attempt to equalise things for everybody. It is simpler not to speak in depth to anybody who is not from the same background as me. Writing that a few years ago would have been inconceivable.In a short few years, the aggression about race has become so inflamed. Where we were once together, we are now apart. It suits somebody somewhere to have us all at each other’s throats.
I also find that it makes me increasingly nervous as well, I struggle with social anxiety anyway and now I find myself overthinking things. And I'm not talking about the super right wing 'wasn't it great when we could just say the n-word' perspective. I'm more talking about things like, if I offered watermelon to a black friend, omg, what if this is seen as racist? (watermelon was used historically in racist depictions of black people in the US)

You end up in some sort of weird Basil Fawlty 'don't mention the war' sort of thing.

Reactions: 3
Yes, this is exactly the problem with woke people rushing in to tell us about micro aggressions and you can't say this or that because it's racist- woke people would rather we treat black people with kid gloves than risk saying the wrong thing. Instead of treating them like equals we have to treat them like they're fragile and delicate.

When we're told that it's racist to compliment someones hair or to say a surname is unique or exotic, all that does is stifle debate and conversation and leave people afraid to say anything.

This is fascinating

At the time everyone was saying Amy was a racist

She was a frightened woman in a park and everyone used it against her and called her a racist etc.

Last edited:
My understanding of Critical Race Theory was that it was originally an optional college-level course that ran alongside a typical Law degree at an American university a few decades ago. It was an academic course designed to examine systemic biases in American jurisprudence which negatively impacted predominantly non-white minorities - the specific wording of law, three strike rules, black men getting stiffer sentences for the same offences than their white peers etc.

It seems to have been taken out of an academic context and broadened and simply misrepresented, which is where just the mention of it gets everyone on both sides’ backs up.

Pre social media, there were loads of crazy and even Fortean-type university modules and courses that you’d never hear about. Ones where academics would be arguing to the point of trading blows about points of obscure philosophy that were far removed from real life. I even did one of the earlier Queer Studies modules at my old alma mater which predated modern identity politics and would undoubtedly be cancelled if presented nowadays - it was originally summarised as ”gay men bleeping with enough Mrs Dalloway and Sylvia Plath to keep the dykes amused”.

I am somewhat skeptical by the dumbed down representation in both mainstream and social media - equally pushed by well-meaning reporters who don’t understand what they are writing about as well as the cynical muckraker types seeking to upset people for clicks and advertising.

I’m not denigrating any BAME-related studies - just trying to add context. I’m white and I don’t pretend to know or understand what the personal experiences of minorities in the UK are (how the duck would I know?) but it seems that there are parallels between people’s defensive responses to discussions and the bollocks men say to women, e.g. NAMALT, I believe in equality, etc etc.

I honestly thing 99% of people are reasonable and try to do their best - social media can amplify and distort things.

I also firmly believe that while working class Brits are fighting amongst themselves over gender and racial politics by our coffee drinking over classes, we are the only ones who are going to suffer - especially as we compete over dwindling resources.

Finally, looking forward to the ”woke” generational types squealing like stuck pigs when their kids cancel them for being bigots…

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, this is exactly the problem with woke people rushing in to tell us about micro aggressions and you can't say this or that because it's racist- woke people would rather we treat black people with kid gloves than risk saying the wrong thing. Instead of treating them like equals we have to treat them like they're fragile and delicate.

When we're told that it's racist to compliment someones hair or to say a surname is unique or exotic, all that does is stifle debate and conversation and leave people afraid to say anything.

This is fascinating

At the time everyone was saying Amy was a racist

She was a frightened woman in a park and everyone used it against her and called her a racist etc.
One of my favourite drag queen, Bod the drag queen, said that he would rather have someone say something racist to his face than pretend to be all nice and do disgusting things behind his back.

As a mixed person myself I wholeheartedly agree with him. I'd rather have someone say the wrong thing so that I can correct them or stay away from them. Than having them fake being polite or respectful towards me.

However some cultures are all about saying things indirectly. The British from my experience will say indirectly racist things. Yet when you point it out they act as if they don't know what they did. In contrast to French or Italians who will tell you like it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
that's exactly how I feel about it, call out proper racism when you see it, but it just seems as though people love placing others in categories and groups. I also think CRT (might be wrong) seems to place informal rules that don't always apply, as in only white people can be racist which isn't true.
Although it is seemingly acceptable for some people of ethnic backgrounds to throw around abuse unchallenged. When they should be called out - regardless of their race.

Around a month ago, I was called a 'battyman' and 'faggot' by a group of black lads, in a park near Streatham Hill, in London.

Luckily I was on the bike, so I could get away before anything kicked off.

However, they obviously wouldn't like racism directed towards them, but don't seem to have any issues throwing around what was homophobic abuse to others.

Reactions: 2
Although it is seemingly acceptable for some people of ethnic backgrounds to throw around abuse unchallenged. When they should be called out - regardless of their race.
It is not acceptable for any ethnic group to act in an abusive way. Being insulted by black guys in London doesn't mean that they can't be called out.

Racism goes both way. Which is literally the purpose of CRT. It teaches the person to view history events and government actions from every point of view.

It is not acceptable for any ethnic group to act in an abusive way. Being insulted by black guys in London doesn't mean that they can't be called out.

Racism goes both way. Which is literally the purpose of CRT. It teaches the person to view history events and government actions from every point of view.
I agree that racism goes both way. To believe that Black, Asian, or any other person of ethnic backgrounds cannot hold racist or any other discriminatory views is pure folly - that only some airy headed leftists believe. They wrongly believe that anyone of ethnic background is 'hard done by' and can do no wrong.

If some people expected me to get on bended knee to those bunch of black lads that I encountered in South London, they would be very much told to F*** off.