Crippling self esteem issue's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering if anyone else suffers with seriously low confidence issues? I have always had 0 confidence and been a horrendous people pleaser, over thinker and had anxiety before I knew what it even was. I worry constantly and struggle to put thinks in to proportion. It's exhausting and 4 years ago I sank deeper and took an overdose..was diagnosed with clinical depression. Had therapy, counselling and saw a psychiatrist and still have no idea with I'am like i'am. I lost my mum on mother's day she died suddenly and my anxiety is at an all time high. I feel trapped in my own head. Had anti depressants but currently take nothing because I can't face going through it all. Not sure why I'm writing this. I justceanr peace in my head..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I just want you to know I hear you and if I could I’d give you a big cuddle. What you’ve written is so similar to my experience but it was my father who died last summer. Arr you still in therapy, have you thought about going back if not?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time of it, and even more sorry to hear of your sudden loss.

It's completely normal and proportionate to feel this way after experiencing a trauma like this, so please don't beat yourself up over it.

I don't wish to be an armchair psychiatrist, but have you ever explored the possibility that you may have adhd? Your words people pleaser, overthinker and anxiety really rang true with me and I was diagnosed with adhd back in February. Depression and anxiety are very common comorbidities because of the amount of masking you have to do to get on with life. Apologies if that's entirely off the mark, but it isn't something I'd have ever considered until someone made an off hand remark as I didn't wholly understand how it can present (particularly in women).

Otherwise, don't pressure yourself to get on with life as normal, do what you can, reach out to friends, and try to do little things which may bring you a little comfort. If you feel you can, it would be worth going back to some professional help, whether it's cbt or medication x

• Heart
I just want you to know I hear you and if I could I’d give you a big cuddle. What you’ve written is so similar to my experience but it was my father who died last summer. Arr you still in therapy, have you thought about going back if not?
Sorry for your loss❤ No not currently in therapy and if consider it. However experience if it was it dragged all the pain up but didnt seem to help me over come it x

I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time of it, and even more sorry to hear of your sudden loss.

It's completely normal and proportionate to feel this way after experiencing a trauma like this, so please don't beat yourself up over it.

I don't wish to be an armchair psychiatrist, but have you ever explored the possibility that you may have adhd? Your words people pleaser, overthinker and anxiety really rang true with me and I was diagnosed with adhd back in February. Depression and anxiety are very common comorbidities because of the amount of masking you have to do to get on with life. Apologies if that's entirely off the mark, but it isn't something I'd have ever considered until someone made an off hand remark as I didn't wholly understand how it can present (particularly in women).

Otherwise, don't pressure yourself to get on with life as normal, do what you can, reach out to friends, and try to do little things which may bring you a little comfort. If you feel you can, it would be worth going back to some professional help, whether it's cbt or medication x
Thanks for replying to me, I would love someone to tell me why I find life so hard why my brain works against me. I don't have too many friends and I have a habit of feeling like a burden. I just want to feel happy or what's considered as normal. I should see my Dr but with covid they have been so busy and I don't want to drain their resources x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry for your loss❤ No not currently in therapy and if consider it. However experience if it was it dragged all the pain up but didnt seem to help me over come it x

Thanks for replying to me, I would love someone to tell me why I find life so hard why my brain works against me. I don't have too many friends and I have a habit of feeling like a burden. I just want to feel happy or what's considered as normal. I should see my Dr but with covid they have been so busy and I don't want to drain their resources x
Therapy is hard work and you have to be in the right place for it, maybe you’re just not ready. Maybe go back to your doctor and see what they say or try medication. I know when I was really bad and suicidal medication saved me life, it helped find a balance in all the chaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
For me personally the only way to deal with this was to work on increasing self love. I'm not there yet 100% but I've made a lot of progress from where I started. There's a lot of videos online on youtube with Louise Hay giving talks. She has also written the book "You can heal your life." But that's not a replacement for the real support you need right now. If you had a heart condition do you think you would hesitate with making a GP appointment? It's the same thing in my book. Maybe you could try a different type of therapy?

• Heart