Crazy fandoms and the drama within them

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some The Script fans think they "own" the lads. The level of jealously is something else... Borderline sociopaths.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Little mix have crazies "shipping" them as being in relationships (ie they obsess that jade and perrie are in love etc)
You get leigh-ade fans and jerrie fans etc etc its obsessive and crazy.

Also you got 1d fans obsessed that harry and i think niall were secret lovers....

Kpop fans. Honestly, the majority of the big groups have horrible fandoms who cannot take anyone disliking anything by any degree

There’s also a whole legal thing with companies often suing people for defamation or whatever else if they’re hateful (not sure what this actually includes) online and a lot of people support it

I remember there was a whole thing where the BTS fans on Twitter started calling themselves pure-blood because they only listened to BTS

Fan service is also big in kpop so a lot of shipping goes on. Or the idols are ‘sold’ to the audience as their girlfriend/boyfriend and many fans get upset when the idol announces they’re dating someone

There was recently a case where one idol was accused to have had a relationship with an underage (I think?) fan and a lot of people rightfully criticised him. But didn’t look at how the companies portraying these idols as the audience’s soulmates made that sort of abuse of power way easier

Benedict Cumberbatch has some of the scariest fans I've seen. Look up the story of Raks Patel and prepare to be terrified.
This shocked me out of lurkdom, I think I have met her. I had friends who were massively into Sherlock and tagged along to a meet up or similar with them, was very aware *something* had gone on but no one would tell me what, it was such a weird atmosphere that I ended up leaving early. It's been one of my unresolved mysteries for years! For the record if it's the person I'm thinking of she seemed alright, in the few seconds where I interacted with her 😂 is there a link to a write up or something? I can't find anything online.

PS and yeah, the fanbase seemed on the whole incredibly obsessive (I was a half arsed casual viewer at best). I remember someone tweeting about watching cumberbatch through the windows of his own home and then leaving him a homemade cake ON HIS DOORSTEP in apology for being a stalker?! Who does that?

• Wow
I am kind of part of one a guy ive liked for over 12 years he's been shipped as part of a pairing and oh my god i am completely shocked the woman he is paired with (we know he aint with her as he's busy sleeping with 21 year olds). I am there to support the Guy not the pairing and its like run by stupid kids if the woman he's paired with goes on holiday then they are contacting hotels to see if he is there with her and they even went as far as to call his mum yes his mum who lives in a different country to tell her own son to get with this woman! He is a 42 year old man and is known for one song worldwide (this is how i came across him in the beginning) and he is as bad as the woman hes paired with they like to head duck the people who believe in this pairing because they both need the pr. Why do i stay? Because its funny and ive made amazing friends thanks to this guy but yeah the kids are borderline obsessed and with them but celebs don't get the damage it causes. I have spoken to the guy way way before the pairing and i know that he's a good guy and he even follows me and has liked a few of my pics the same as his family but wow some are crazy.

You have unlocked a memory I forgot I have lmao. Found it!

I was on Tumblr during the height of "superwholock". Dark times in every sense of the word.
Ah my bleeping eyes.

I remember the heady days of Superwholock. All that Wincest flying around:oops:

• Haha
PS and yeah, the fanbase seemed on the whole incredibly obsessive (I was a half arsed casual viewer at best). I remember someone tweeting about watching cumberbatch through the windows of his own home and then leaving him a homemade cake ON HIS DOORSTEP in apology for being a stalker?! Who does that?
Yikes. I would want the money that fame bought, but 100% love being a nobody. Going to his doorstep crosses such a boundary.

Kpop fans. Honestly, the majority of the big groups have horrible fandoms who cannot take anyone disliking anything by any degree
They also called themselves "army." so I would expect drama. My little sister is pretty tame though. :LOL:

The time some Lord of the Rings fans gave Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan some fan art of Pippin and Merry shagging. If I can find the pic of that moment I'll post it here. It was about 17 years ago since that day.
Do you remember the Little Bit of Earth debacle?