Crash diet to help me get in my wedding dress

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help! I need a quick fix diet to help me shed a few lbs in time for my wedding in 4 weeks. I need to lose around 12lb. And yes i know its not healthy to do slimfast or juice plus or eat cabbage soup 5 times a day BUT i spent a fortune on my dress and cant get it altered
Hit me with your best weight loss diets... and dont tell me to excercise and eat salad. I have 5 kids and it's just not doable 😂

A friend of mine swears by the Cambridge diet before she goes on holiday... she lost 10lb in 2 weeks! She did say it all goes back on quickly once she’s back to ‘normal’ but gets her feeling good before hand 🤷🏻‍♀️ Never tried it myself!!

Reactions: 1
You could do that easily on slimming world, if you stick to it 100%. Honestly, I have. No need for a crash diet!

Reactions: 1
Just literally stop eating as much. Skip breakfast. Have a protein shake for lunch and then a healthy dinner.

Reactions: 2
Do not skip breakfast. 🤦🏻‍♀️Let's not start giving unhealthy advice, especially with the precense of people with current/recovering EDs.

To loose weight you need to create a calorie deficit. The easiest way (and most successful way) to do this is to track your calories in.

There are many apps that can help you with this, and you can log food on. Myfitnesspal, chronometer, loseit. I personally use nutracheck. You add every item of food you eat to the app, it logs the calories and tells you how many you have left per day.

All of these apps ask you for your details, age height weight etc. Then will calculate your recommended daily calorie intake, and suggest different daily calorie levels to get the weight loss you desire.

Spread your calories through out the day, 3 meals and a few snacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s unhealthy to skip breakfast at all, I’m not hungry in the mornings - I know a a lot of other people like this too - so why would I force myself to eat? It gives me extra calories to play with in the evenings when I actually am hungry. Then it means I’m not sitting at night trying to talk myself out of raiding the cupboards when I’ve already reached my calorie limit for the day 🤣

Reactions: 7
I don’t think it’s unhealthy to skip breakfast at all, I’m not hungry in the mornings - I know a a lot of other people like this too - so why would I force myself to eat? It gives me extra calories to play with in the evenings when I actually am hungry. Then it means I’m not sitting at night trying to talk myself out of raiding the cupboards when I’ve already reached my calorie limit for the day 🤣
Agree I started to lose weight once I skipped breakfast because a) I never feel hungry in the mornings and b) I tend to snack in the evenings. Some unhealthy eating habits include eating when you are not hungry and finishing your plate even though you were full ages ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can also recommend Cambridge Weight plan for a quick weight loss. I tried it last year and lost 1 stone in a month..
I wouldn't recommend it in a long term, because it is quite pricey and I was literally starving, and I personally didn't enjoy many of their products..But I know lots of people like them - so it's my personal preference I guess..
I didn't quite like my consultant either.. she was very nice at the beginning when I was spending over £50 for products each week, but when I wanted to slow down and purchase less products (Mostly because I couldn't afford to spend much money at that time and I had already achieved my goal weight so I didn't feel the need for further starvation, but wanted to keep maintaining the weight) she directly approached me and said that if I won't be spending at least this and that amount per week, then she will need to stop being my consultant.
Since having that conversation with her I decided to stop Cambridge plan and now I am completely put off by it because I'm afraid to get another consultant like her.

You should look into intermittent fasting. It's less restrictive and more flexible than most diet plans, and it doesn't encourage any bad eating habits. You're not skipping breakfast, you're just skipping breakfast time. There's a bunch of different ways to do it, but the most common way is 16:8. Fast for 16 hours and then eat meals during an 8 hour window.

Edit to add: If you do just want a 4 week fix, then why not try Slimfast? It gets a lot of stick because people assume that you'll be starving yourself, but I ate more and consumed more often on Slimfast than I did before I started it.
You drink 2000ml of water (you should be doing this regardless), eat three of their 90cal snacks a day, two of their 210-230cal meal replacements, and then one healthy balanced 600cal (800cal for men) meal of your choosing. That's around 1,300 calories a day. Instead of being strict and wracking your brain trying to think of three healthy meals to make just for yourself, you only have to make one. I lost 10lb in my first couple of weeks.

Last edited: