Covid positive for Christmas 🤦🏼‍♀️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all,

Just making a separate thread for all of us that have tested positive in the last week or so and now Christmas is ruined 🤦🏼‍♀️.

How’s everyone feeling?

I’m on day 3 and have no smell or taste, my head feels like cotton wool and I can’t hear a thing!

Has your family come down with it too?

Reactions: 1
Positive LFT on Monday, PCR same day positive.

I had a sore throat and body aches Saturday but I put that down to my Xmas party but realise now it was the start of it. So I listed that as my date symptoms started so I am free 21st.

Currently only got cold like symptoms. Bit snotty and bunged up. Breathing through my mouth is making me cough.

Otherwise I'm just more tired than normal

ETA husband is so far testing negative

I’m single but my SIL is staying in a hotel in isolation. She returned to California almost immediately after flying to see her parents. Her mum just caught Covid 🙁

Mine and my husbands isolation ends before Xmas eve.

My family, who are meant to be coming for Xmas, are acting like we are the biggest risk to them at the moment, but they are out every night seeing different people hugging/kissing etc.

Its really infuriating that come Xmas we will be "free" from isolation and supposedly no risk to them but they are going on and on about us being a risk to them. But they are doing nothing to reduce their exposure now.

No doubt if they do come for Xmas and test positive on Boxing day it will be our fault in their minds, forgetting they have seen hundreds of people in the last few days 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah, I lost this thread and couldn't find it.

Positive PCR so no big Christmas family dinner for us

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve just tested negative on a LF but stuck in isolation until the 24th. Still no taste or smell, I slept for about 18hrs last night and I have a really sore head but all in all I think I’ve got off quite lightly.

It’s blowing my mind how many people went out and behaved like hooligans last night!

Did any of you get a pain at the bottom of your lung? I'm Day 8 had the cold symptoms, lost smell and taste, started coughing and now this pain which hurts more when I try and take a deep breath. My oxygen is 98 so I'm not concerned just wondering if others experienced it?

My granddaughter tested positive on 19th so couldn’t come home for Christmas, she’s at Uni, her brother (my grandson who lives with me )became really ill on the 23rd and tested positive on Christmas Day and funnily enough had no contact with each other, I, on the hand had contact with both hasn’t caught it and I’m 67 yes old . Strange virus.

Did any of you get a pain at the bottom of your lung? I'm Day 8 had the cold symptoms, lost smell and taste, started coughing and now this pain which hurts more when I try and take a deep breath. My oxygen is 98 so I'm not concerned just wondering if others experienced it?

I had this lung pain for a couple of days and then it went

Thank you I won't panic if it seems to be a part of it all.
It is strange as my son had it October, we didn't catch it. This time he's fine and we've all been hit. Glad you are keeping clear of it Nannycaff.

• Heart