COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Should children get the Covid-19 vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • No

Votes: 146 76.8%
  • Donā€™t know

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get a range of ages at my local one. Mostly middle aged folk.

The elderly most likely will have been vaccinated though so they donā€™t have anything to worry about.

Oh wait my mistake the vaccines donā€™t stop infection.

Reactions: 13
If symptomatic people canā€™t afford to stay home thatā€™s on the gov/ employers ,we know protecting the vulnerable was only a smokescreen anyway šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8
If symptomatic people canā€™t afford to stay home thatā€™s on the gov/ employers ,we know protecting the vulnerable was only a smokescreen anyway šŸ˜‚
It did the opposite. I'm 99% sure lockdowns and vaccines killed my nana. Protecting the vulnerable my aunt fanny!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel like the poll needs a ā€œitā€™s their parentsā€™ choiceā€ option.

I feel like the poll needs a ā€œitā€™s their parentsā€™ choiceā€ option.
If theyā€™re under a certain age it is the parents decision
Plus the poll is for us tattlers lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Wonder if they will make government decisions based on the poll abov. If not it doesnā€™t matter in the end does it?

šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How are you all doing? I hope everyoneā€™s doing well. Itā€™s been a while since I came to the thread.

My eldest tested positive for covid last Wednesday, symptoms started last Tuesday but tested negative that night. He was around us all Tuesday night and Wednesday right before he tested. Once he tested positive he stayed in his room working from home for the week, he didnā€™t want to run the risk of passing it onto his Dad with asthma and me with CFS, he was really mature and calm about it.

He went back to work yesterday as he tested in the morning and it was negative. His test last night had a faint line and again this morning too. Work are fine that heā€™s come back in again today as they say theyā€™ll take that as still negative.i think j he likely had a faint line in the morning but didnā€™t notice it rushing to get ready. Will he still be contagious with a faint line? Heā€™s not had any major symptoms just a runny nose for 2 days, he had his booster February I think. He assumed it was just hayfever as heā€™s not felt unwell at all. Heā€™s now day 8 or 9, I never know which day you count as day 1. Hopefully that means weā€™ve all escaped it.

My daughters chronic fatigue finally stopped after 6 months, doctor ran tests and they said she had long covid, sheā€™s now stopped her 3 hour naps and doing great. Still no sense of smell after 9 months so sheā€™s been referred to ENT but Iā€™m not sure how thatā€™ll help.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How are you all doing? I hope everyoneā€™s doing well. Itā€™s been a while since I came to the thread.

My eldest tested positive for covid last Wednesday, symptoms started last Tuesday but tested negative that night. He was around us all Tuesday night and Wednesday right before he tested. Once he tested positive he stayed in his room working from home for the week, he didnā€™t want to run the risk of passing it onto his Dad with asthma and me with CFS, he was really mature and calm about it.

He went back to work yesterday as he tested in the morning and it was negative. His test last night had a faint line and again this morning too. Work are fine that heā€™s come back in again today as they say theyā€™ll take that as still negative.i think j he likely had a faint line in the morning but didnā€™t notice it rushing to get ready. Will he still be contagious with a faint line? Heā€™s not had any major symptoms just a runny nose for 2 days, he had his booster February I think. He assumed it was just hayfever as heā€™s not felt unwell at all. Heā€™s now day 8 or 9, I never know which day you count as day 1. Hopefully that means weā€™ve all escaped it.

My daughters chronic fatigue finally stopped after 6 months, doctor ran tests and they said she had long covid, sheā€™s now stopped her 3 hour naps and doing great. Still no sense of smell after 9 months so sheā€™s been referred to ENT but Iā€™m not sure how thatā€™ll help.
As good as can be. Hope you and your family have been keeping well. He should not be contagious by day 8 or 9, the general consensus is that you are most contagious in the first few days of infection.

Sorry to hear your daughter is still experiencing symptoms of long Covid. I donā€™t know how useful the ENT will be. Itā€™s been nearly 20 months since I had Covid-19 and my sense of smell/taste is still not normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
As good as can be. Hope you and your family have been keeping well. He should not be contagious by day 8 or 9, the general consensus is that you are most contagious in the first few days of infection.

Sorry to hear your daughter is still experiencing symptoms of long Covid. I donā€™t know how useful the ENT will be. Itā€™s been nearly 20 months since I had Covid-19 and my sense of smell/taste is still not normal.
Thank you. Thatā€™s good to hear by day 8/9 he shouldnā€™t be contagious, thank you. I was a little concerned as he was around us again yesterday morning before work as we assumed he was negative until he tested again.

He went to a friends bbq on the Friday, a friend tested positive Monday and my son had symptoms Tuesday. Heā€™s stayed in his room working for a week to reduce the risk on us. He was around us in the house a few times the days before he tested positive too.

I agree, Iā€™m not sure how ENT will even help but the GP wanted to refer her. Her sense of smell hasnā€™t come back at all,

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you. Thatā€™s good to hear by day 8/9 he shouldnā€™t be contagious, thank you. I was a little concerned as he was around us again yesterday morning before work as we assumed he was negative until he tested again.

He went to a friends bbq on the Friday, a friend tested positive Monday and my son had symptoms Tuesday. Heā€™s stayed in his room working for a week to reduce the risk on us. He was around us in the house a few times the days before he tested positive too.

I agree, Iā€™m not sure how ENT will even help but the GP wanted to refer her. Her sense of smell hasnā€™t come back at all,
It sounds like he was being cautious around you and your husband.

Regarding loss of taste/smell, not much is known about it and whether it is reversible. It is damage in the brainā€™s olfactory tissue. For some it comes back, for others it doesnā€™t. Hopefully with time, she will get it back.

Reactions: 3
It sounds like he was being cautious around you and your husband.

Regarding loss of taste/smell, not much is known about it and whether it is reversible. It is damage in the brainā€™s olfactory tissue. For some it comes back, for others it doesnā€™t. Hopefully with time, she will get it back.
I really hope so, sheā€™s only 16.

• Heart
Very important to listen to regarding the vaccine trial for under 5s.

Even the JCVI data is not very reassuring ,a lot of guess work involved .It amounts to something when even their fellow scientists are questioning their documents .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.