Counselling courses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone
This site was fantastic when I was trying to decide which course to pursue. So I thought I would reach out to you again.

I’m about to begin the CPCAB level 2 in counselling and work my way up to level 5 over the next few years. I’m also about to begin my childline training to become a volunteer which I’m really looking forward to.

Just wondering if anyone here has completed these courses, is a practising counsellor or is studying these courses at the min? Or anyone else who has volunteered with childline?

I would love to hear your experiences.I am a little nervous going back to studying after being at home raising my boys the past few years, hopefully it won’t take me long to get into the swing of it!

Kathryn

Marking my place to follow this thread as I’ve been looking today at signing up to volunteer with Shout. Close friends tell me I’m probably too emotional or soft to be a counsellor (especially any kind of crisis counsellor) but it’s something I’ve always been interested in and feel like now might be a good time to do something about that curiosity before I have children. Best of luck with your course!

Reactions: 3
Hello! L4 here. It’s a great course, really changed the way you look at things 😊

Reactions: 1
Marking my place to follow this thread as I’ve been looking today at signing up to volunteer with Shout. Close friends tell me I’m probably too emotional or soft to be a counsellor (especially any kind of crisis counsellor) but it’s something I’ve always been interested in and feel like now might be a good time to do something about that curiosity before I have children. Best of luck with your course!
If it’s something you’ve always been interested in then you go for it! Good luck!

Thank you for your kind words!
Kathryn