Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DirtyLaundry

VIP Member
I'm self employed and need a shit load of dental work to stop my teeth falling out before im 40 - or maybe my dentist is lying to me.

If I started a YouTube channel as part of my business do you think I could then offset the dental work against profits? Or would HMRC drag me for it.

Half joking, half serious...
Just use the 'here for the girls' & #NoRoom togroom and you'll end up monitized. It's what the others do!

Jokes aside, hope you get sorted and you are not in pain x

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Mayday

VIP Member
Maybe you could see if someone could #sponsor you for free dental work in exchange for several cheeky shoutouts?

I hope the dental work goes well though. I hate going to the dentist. ?

Reactions: 2

Horatio

VIP Member
Haha thread title of the year.
If you really are serious - or half serious- I think you are making a huge assumption....That there will be “profits.”

Reactions: 1

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't think it would work as you would need to use your teeth wholly and exclusively for work. Possibly in some lines of work could put a percentage of it, then only a percentage to save tax - 20% of then 10% goes down to such a small saving.

Hope all gets fixed, tooth pain is worse than childbirth

Mayday

VIP Member
Ah my limited company (well me) does make a good profit. So even if the YouTube made nothing the buisness as a whole does. Maybe I'm insane but I've heard of YouTubers saying they claim dental costs.

Thank you X

Honestly I'd rather pay than do shoutouts, even if I was the right kind of person to get them.

Feel like the NHS dentist has messed up a few of my teeth.

Now seeing an Uber expensive one for a course of treatments that will run into thousands.

Worst part is that won't even fix it, just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Hate the dentist too, I'm doing all I can but an eating disorder when I was younger has wreaked them. New dentist doesn't beat around the bush with telling me how bad they are. Then makes herself a lot of money out of it. I could go on...
Thats totally understandable - it makes me uncomfortable when influencers get surgery and such for free because you know they wont say they hate it, even if its bad.

Is there any chance you could look for a different NHS dentist? Maybe see which ones in your area are recommended?

I did see something about actors/musicians etc might be able to claim percentages as I guess a large part of their job is their appearance.

I'm so sorry. :( Hopefully you could set up some sort of payment plan or maybe get insurance if that would help make it cheaper?

PartOfMe

Is there any chance you could look for a different NHS dentist? Maybe see which ones in your area are recommended?
The issue I have is NHS is function only. I want something that looks great and doesn't contain toxic chemicals. So private it has to be. At least as I've been saving up for years and researching it won't be a rushed shitty job like so many infuencers end up with.
You'd still have to pay for them even if you call them a business expense... Business expenses aren't free. Your profit would just be a bit lower therefore saving you a small amount in tax payments.
Oh yes I know, that's why I said offset - been self employed for many years so very used to the accounting side.

PartOfMe

I'm self employed and need a shit load of dental work to stop my teeth falling out before im 40 - or maybe my dentist is lying to me.

If I started a YouTube channel as part of my business do you think I could then offset the dental work against profits? Or would HMRC drag me for it.

Half joking, half serious...

NitrousOxide

You'd still have to pay for them even if you call them a business expense... Business expenses aren't free. Your profit would just be a bit lower therefore saving you a small amount in tax payments.

PartOfMe

Haha thread title of the year.
If you really are serious - or half serious- I think you are making a huge assumption....That there will be “profits.”
Ah my limited company (well me) does make a good profit. So even if the YouTube made nothing the buisness as a whole does. Maybe I'm insane but I've heard of YouTubers saying they claim dental costs.

Just use the 'here for the girls' & #NoRoom togroom and you'll end up monitized. It's what the others do!

Jokes aside, hope you get sorted and you are not in pain x
Thank you X

Maybe you could see if someone could #sponsor you for free dental work in exchange for several cheeky shoutouts?

I hope the dental work goes well though. I hate going to the dentist. ?
Honestly I'd rather pay than do shoutouts, even if I was the right kind of person to get them.

Feel like the NHS dentist has messed up a few of my teeth.

Now seeing an Uber expensive one for a course of treatments that will run into thousands.

Worst part is that won't even fix it, just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Hate the dentist too, I'm doing all I can but an eating disorder when I was younger has wreaked them. New dentist doesn't beat around the bush with telling me how bad they are. Then makes herself a lot of money out of it. I could go on...