Costube

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching Bernadette Banner's video on woman's pockets, and am so confused. She talk to her Patreons about wanting to make less filler content, and more aesthetic sewing videos and then comes back with a 17 minute video standing in front of her gold YT plaque about clothing history. Wha--?

Girl, if you want to make it a non-sewing channel there's no shame in that, but why keep bleating to your patreons that you don't want to make these videos? You're definitely not being forced to!

Reactions: 1
Why is she being so secretive about now being in London. Also the situation with Cathy Hay? Does anyone know why the sudden break up?

• Heart
A reply! Hello!

I think she wanted to play down being in London because she moved during a lockdown and some of the comments on GG (for example) were scathing to say the least.

It's all a bit confusing about her and Cathy Hay. According to Instagram Cathy still follows her but BB has removed pretty much every video of hers that Cathy's in. One of the things people have wondered is whether it's something to do with the Peacock Dress as CH has been posting monthly updates showing that she's making the dress after 10 years. They also make passive aggressive digs about one other in their videos... it's weirdly teenage

• Heart
I was reading all the GG stuff when it all went kaput. What a mess! There has been speculation on Reddit as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It really is a mess! Have you got a link to any of the Reddit speculation? I remember someone tried to start that conversation then got heavily downvoted..

Thank you! Ohmygosh, I did not know that BB had publicly stated that she and Cathy aren't friends anymore! I wonder whether that's why CH went super-quiet on social media last month

Yes, interesting eh! I guess we will never know but whatever happened was a definite falling out professionally and personally.

bb.jpg
I felt like BB was implying that she was potentially going to spill the tea at some later date. If she ever does it's going to be so after the fact

Reactions: 5
I can't say on here where people have gone. It's another platform. If I link it will be deleted. Sorry.

Well, I hope some people come here since gg is whatever it is and I haven’t a clue what the other platform is or how to find it. Ha.

re: BB and CH I would guess it’s a combo of Cathy’s reputation for clinging to anyone who can promote her and the uncomfortable practices around how Foundations Revealed was running. FR had the brouhaha around their discord server. They have the ethically questionable tactic of creating anxiety promoting scarcity with their limited openings. It’s a marketing tactic preying upon people’s fear of missing out. These are just two observations from someone who is barely following FR. I imagine there’s more the deeper you get in. Also, once CH and BB broke up CH was popping up in all the other costumer’s comments either trying to do damage control or looking for her next best friend. Heck, she even was even Rachel Masky’s comments and this was way before the rest of costube embraced her.

Reactions: 3
She’s a complete Anglophile. I wonder how she’s getting on with living in London - if the sheen has worn off with the reality of what modern Britain is actually like?

Reactions: 2