Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey,

This is my first ever thread. Is it sad that I feel weirdly accomplished? 😂 probably I'm a bit weird, but when I earned the right to make one I wasnt sure if I'd ever have an idea for one! But I thought this was would be a good one.

So after planning on living with a friend and it unfortunately not working out - I'm now isolated alone. I know many of you are and if like me are wondering how you are staying busy all day with no one else around. Not to say, it's easy for those living with others because it won't be but many people I know that have family and children are keeping them in a routine doing their own home school my sister is actually quite enjoying it seems however it must be hard for parents too we have no idea so find it hard to relate although we are all in our homes we have quite different experiences. Also some of us don't have much friends or family in usual times or if we do they are too busy with the kids to talk for long.

So just thought a thread for us to get some more ideas on how to stay busy alone, how to try to not feel isolated in isolation 😂 and that even if you just want to post mundane things no one cares about you can here promise I won't judge and I will read it. (Influencers get to tell us when they've popped to tesco on an average day so in these times if you wanna talk here's a space to do it)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks for starting this thread! I do feel a pang of envy when people post about partners or children. It’s horrible being in a house by yourself and you can’t really go out much. It’s awfully lonely and quite depressing. Honestly I am struggling with how to fill my time.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
👋🏻

I’m stuck in with an almost 4 year old and a 13 month old. So not alone at all, but there’s only so much alone time with my kids I can handle 😔 gonna go loony.

virtual, long distance hugs.💗

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for starting this thread! I do feel a pang of envy when people post about partners or children. It’s horrible being in a house by yourself and you can’t really go out much. It’s awfully lonely and quite depressing. Honestly I am struggling with how to fill my time.
I completely understand how you feel I love my niece and nephew so much and know they can be really hard work but would do anything to have them around right now. Being able to play with them and see their smile ❤ completely understand hope this thread gives us some ideas. I'm hoping to practice on my make up and cooking skills!

Reactions: 3
Thank you! This may well become my favourite thread! I'm fed up of friends saying they are in exactly the same boat because they only have x to talk to. Well x is one more person than me so no we're not in the same boat at all 😂

One of my best friends also lives alone so I thought he'd be a good contact. But he's started playing Fortnite with his brother on a night instead 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m not t the same as you all at all as they’re not always good company (I can only listen to the same story a handful of times before it gets old 🙃) but my kids are company and they keep me busy.

I hope you all that are completely alone stay healthy both physically and mentally. My inbox is always open, I’m deprived of adult conversation so always happy to chat!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
👋🏻

I’m stuck in with an almost 4 year old and a 13 month old. So not alone at all, but there’s only so much alone time with my kids I can handle 😔 gonna go loony.

virtual, long distance hugs.💗
It also must be hard for single parents I've thought. There was a woman in a local Facebook group feeling bad for having to take her young children out to supermarkets because people were telling her it's better for them to be at home. She has no option though and is doing her best I told her and don't feel guilty in a two parent household if one person goes out and leaves the kids at home and gets infected while outside and brings it back the kids could still catch it that way. And remember kids seem to be less likely to get symptoms at all. I see single parents as amazing doing everything on your own ❤ join in here if you want or perhaps you could make one just for single parents it would be difficult for you differently also with no adult conversation xx

Reactions: 4
I completely understand how you feel I love my niece and nephew so much and know they can be really hard work but would do anything to have them around right now. Being able to play with them and see their smile ❤ completely understand hope this thread gives us some ideas. I'm hoping to practice on my make up and cooking skills!
No amount of free time will tempt me to start cooking 😂 I just hate it. I wish I didn’t but I do.
At the minute all I’m doing is watching tv all the time. Currently working my way through Taskmaster which I’ve never seen before but it’s pretty funny and easy to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It also must be hard for single parents I've thought. There was a woman in a local Facebook group feeling bad for having to take her young children out to supermarkets because people were telling her it's better for them to be at home. She has no option though and is doing her best I told her and don't feel guilty in a two parent household if one person goes out and leaves the kids at home and gets infected while outside and brings it back the kids could still catch it that way. And remember kids seem to be less likely to get symptoms at all. I see single parents as amazing doing everything on your own ❤ join in here if you want or perhaps you could make one just for single parents it would be difficult for you differently also with no adult conversation xx
Single mum with zero family in the UK. My son isn’t a very young child, but it’s still very difficult being the sole adult in the house at a time like this. The worry of anything happening to me and how vulnerable my son would be.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Hope I didn’t offend anyone with comments about children. I can see how that would also be isolating if you are a lone parent. 😞

Hope I didn’t offend anyone with comments about children. I can see how that would also be isolating if you are a lone parent. 😞
I certainly didn’t take offence. Considering the PM of this country has never hidden his loathing for single parents, I’m surprised we haven’t been blamed for starting the spread of Coronavirus 😂

• Haha
Hello! Just my 7 year old and I. Did almost have a friend come to stay but we decided against it in case either of us had already picked up the virus. Obviously I'm not completely alone but it's hard to have no adult company. Worried about doing a food shop when we run out.

Reactions: 5
Hello ! I am on my own. I have two grown up stepsons but they are not near me. Love them and the grandchildren dearly but who knows when I shall see them. I am also old, retired and have health problems. I have got food in for about 2 months, if I am frugal. All I want to do right now is comfort eat ☹ Here’s hoping online shopping starts to calm down because I depend on it. There are groups on Facebook who help with shopping but luckily no need yet. Trying not to worry but it’s hard to concentrate on a book or a film just now. Time to stop obsessing. I can’t do any more than stay home.

Reactions: 10
Hello! Just my 7 year old and I. Did almost have a friend come to stay but we decided against it in case either of us had already picked up the virus. Obviously I'm not completely alone but it's hard to have no adult company. Worried about doing a food shop when we run out.
I am also worried about doing a food shop in the coming week or so. I’m trying to be as creative and frugal as possible with our food, so I can make it last longer. Hoping shops calm down and panic buying settles.

Reactions: 1
Hello ! I am on my own. I have two grown up stepsons but they are not near me. Love them and the grandchildren dearly but who knows when I shall see them. I am also old, retired and have health problems. I have got food in for about 2 months, if I am frugal. All I want to do right now is comfort eat ☹ Here’s hoping online shopping starts to calm down because I depend on it. There are groups on Facebook who help with shopping but luckily no need yet. Trying not to worry but it’s hard to concentrate on a book or a film just now. Time to stop obsessing. I can’t do any more than stay home.
Hey! I hope in time you find the ability to just be able to relax may we all. Amen. 😂 completly agree about the comfort eating trying to stay off that path by telling myself at the end of this if I ration myself I'd have lost a bit off weight! 😂

Reactions: 2
Maybe it’s finally time to use that affiliate code for hello fresh that we all hate hearing about 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Checking in, been self isolating for the last week after developing a cough, starting to wfh next week.

Am diabetic so bricking it. Love living alone but just want to hug my mum and little nephews.

Got a freezer full of frozen veg and a good supply of tinned stuff so don't need to venture out for a while thankfully.

I’m a single parent too - I have a 16 month old who can’t talk so while she’s company and keeps me busy, it does get lonely. Trying to get in the adult conversation however I can!

I'm worried I'm becoming a total pain messaging friends and family all the time just for some (online) company.

• Heart
  • Sad