Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waiting on a call back from my GP feel so stupid but I’ve had a full on anxiety attack and panic attack in the last hour seeing the numbers raise to 90. I honestly can’t see a way out of this all happening 😭 this is awful! Am so scared.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Waiting on a call back from my GP feel so stupid but I’ve had a full on anxiety attack and panic attack in the last hour seeing the numbers raise to 90. I honestly can’t see a way out of this all happening 😭 this is awful! Am so scared.
Oh poor you. It is scary but try to stay calm. I think the reports of panic buying everywhere aren't helping. I don't think any of us have been through anything like this so we are understandably nervous but it will be OK. It really will. I spoke to my mum last night and she is elderly and remembers things like this is the past and they all came through it - rationing etc in the war. Hope your GP helps.

Reactions: 8
Aww I feel so bad for people who feel the overload of it all. I know it probably won't help but you know most of us just love the drama and are fascinated by it, but in reality this isn't a zombie apocolypse and you and your loved ones are highly unlikely to suffer anything more than a very mild flu and then recover.

Despite the talk of stockpiling remember this is the UK 2020....you aren't going to die of starvation in your own home. Hell I'm sure a Tattler local to you would even drop some loo roll/soap/gin to your doorstep if you needed. We got you!

Reactions: 24
Aww I feel so bad for people who feel the overload of it all. I know it probably won't help but you know most of us just love the drama and are fascinated by it, but in reality this isn't a zombie apocolypse and you and your loved ones are highly unlikely to suffer anything more than a very mild flu and then recover.

Despite the talk of stockpiling remember this is the UK 2020....you aren't going to die of starvation in your own home. Hell I'm sure a Tattler local to you would even drop some loo roll/soap/gin to your doorstep if you needed. We got you!
Genuinely feel awful. Pains in my chest and my heart is racing 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I know it’s easy to say calm down but you just can’t when you’re like this. You’ve done the right thing contacting the gp. Nobody is panicking near me but I’m still edgy. What do you normally do when you have an anxiety attack? Grounding or putting music on helps me sometimes. Going for a walk. Anything. Colouring is meant to help but I’ve not tried it.
the numbers are going to get higher so try to accept that each day you will see it get higher but people are recovering from it. Has your gp got back to you?

Also my midwife yesterday wasn’t in the slightest bit concerned about it and my husband who’s involved with the containment is not at all concerned about the virus. He said it’s people’s panic that is the issue at the moment.

Reactions: 4
I know it’s easy to say calm down but you just can’t when you’re like this. You’ve done the right thing contacting the gp. Nobody is panicking near me but I’m still edgy. What do you normally do when you have an anxiety attack? Grounding or putting music on helps me sometimes. Going for a walk. Anything. Colouring is meant to help but I’ve not tried it.
the numbers are going to get higher so try to accept that each day you will see it get higher but people are recovering from it. Has your gp got back to you?

Also my midwife yesterday wasn’t in the slightest bit concerned about it and my husband who’s involved with the containment is not at all concerned about the virus. He said it’s people’s panic that is the issue at the moment.
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand
People who haven’t suffered don’t understand. My husband gets cross with me too. He’s mad at me for stocking the cupboards but I’ve said if it helps me then I don’t care. We can do it. We don’t actually know what’s going to happen so can’t really speculate on that... which I know when you have anxiety that’s all you do. I’ve had zombie apocalypse movies in my head this whole week! You’re not being stupid though and your feelings are valid.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can you break down exactly what you are so frightened of about it all? Instead of it being one huge unmanageable fear what are the specifics? It may help to reduce the whole thing to manageable chunks that can be dealt with here or elsewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Attempting to moderate, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
587 new cases and 28 new deaths in Italy. Total: 3,089 and 107 deaths
Among the 2,706 active cases, 1,344 (50%) are hospitalized, 295 of which (representing 11% of active cases) are in intensive care.
Among the 383 closed cases, 276 (72%) have recovered, 107 (28%) have died.

This is the worrying thing about Italy, half of active cases are in hospital and 28% of inactive cases ended up in mortality.
Is this really needed? Second time after one of us has mentioned the panic of it all you’ve posted total fear mongering things

People who haven’t suffered don’t understand. My husband gets cross with me too. He’s mad at me for stocking the cupboards but I’ve said if it helps me then I don’t care. We can do it. We don’t actually know what’s going to happen so can’t really speculate on that... which I know when you have anxiety that’s all you do. I’ve had zombie apocalypse movies in my head this whole week! You’re not being stupid though and your feelings are valid.
My husband gets irritated with me too for stocking up but he doesn't do the shopping and hasn't seen the empty shelves.

I really should send him things about what anxiety really is maybe he would understand then. I’ve told him it’s maybe irrational to him but it’s not to me
Can you break down exactly what you are so frightened of about it all? Instead of it being one huge unmanageable fear what are the specifics? It may help to reduce the whole thing to manageable chunks that can be dealt with here or elsewhere.
I think it’s us getting it and something happening to the children. You are right though it’s one big fear and I find it hard to rationalise what’s normal and what’s not lol

Reactions: 2
Do you have any chamomile tea? It really helps me relax when I have bad anxiety attacks. My boyfriend used to laugh at me too and it made me worse, I’ve ended up in some right states before. Try and do something to distract yourself, a crossword or something that you have to concentrate on. There’s also some YouTube videos on tapping therapy I used to do and they really worked for me....i did think what the hell am I doing whilst I did them but it worked 🤷‍♀️😂 xx

Reactions: 2
Do you have any chamomile tea? It really helps me relax when I have bad anxiety attacks. My boyfriend used to laugh at me too and it made me worse, I’ve ended up in some right states before. Try and do something to distract yourself, a crossword or something that you have to concentrate on. There’s also some YouTube videos on tapping therapy I used to do and they really worked for me....i did think what the hell am I doing whilst I did them but it worked 🤷‍♀️😂 xx
I do! I’m going to take the kids out a walk calm myself down x

• Heart
I really should send him things about what anxiety really is maybe he would understand then. I’ve told him it’s maybe irrational to him but it’s not to me

I think it’s us getting it and something happening to the children. You are right though it’s one big fear and I find it hard to rationalise what’s normal and what’s not lol
I hear ya. My husband is the most laidback person ever and I’m absolutely neurotic thanks to anxiety. I had a job interview yesterday (the first in a long time) and had been extremely anxious about it for the whole week to the point of sobbing and shaking and hyperventilating (so badly that I wasn’t even going to go) and he couldn’t understand why I was so worked up about it. We ended up arguing about it as like you said, he couldn’t understand how big of a deal it was to me.

While I’m trying not to lose it over Coronavirus right now, everyone’s anxiety is different and I can see why it would affect you so much. Reading about it would scare anyone. When I start overthinking it I start to feel a bit freaked myself and have to try to tell myself it’s ok.

I think this is what I’ve done... my initial worry is the shelves being wiped and not being able to feed my children, so I’ve stocked up on things for them so I know they’re ok for a while and that’s helped. We obviously don’t know what’s going to happen beyond that but I’m washing my hands as advised and making sure my children are and again that’s all we can reasonably do so beyond that il
Trying not to think any further and will deal with other situations as they arise

Also I’m trying to think how many times have I had the flu in my life. I can count twice. I do genuinely think I caught the swine flu in 2009 I think it was and that was the last time. Not trying to tempt fate in anyway at all but that may put it into perspective a bit. Also just been reading an email from my work about what to tell the students and it’s all very reassuring and the chances of getting it are still very low and to wash your hands and catch sneezes in a tissue etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
A really good Q&A video from ITV News on a GP: - it worth watching or least to show to anyone who is anxious about the virus.

My anxiety is through the roof. I’m not sleeping properly and I’m feeling quite drained. One min I’m ok and I’m trying to think logically and relax etc then it suddenly kicks in again. I met my friend for a coffee earlier in Costa and they had bottles of hand sanitizer all around the place. My friend is so laid back about it which calmed me down a bit. I think what worries me most is my parents getting it, there both in their 70s and I’m so scared for them. They both caught swine flu when that was going around and they were so ill with it.

My anxiety is through the roof. I’m not sleeping properly and I’m feeling quite drained. One min I’m ok and I’m trying to think logically and relax etc then it suddenly kicks in again. I met my friend for a coffee earlier in Costa and they had bottles of hand sanitizer all around the place. My friend is so laid back about it which calmed me down a bit. I think what worries me most is my parents getting it, there both in their 70s and I’m so scared for them. They both caught swine flu when that was going around and they were so ill with it.
I think the hand sanitizer is them being precautious ( is that a word?!! My baby brain is playing havoc it sounds wrong but I don’t know what’s right 😂) It’s a public place... there’s probably not much else they can do. My anxiety is worse at night time too. I think surrounding yourself with calm people is good but prepping yourself a bit will make you feel better too x

I think the hand sanitizer is them being precautious ( is that a word?!! My baby brain is playing havoc it sounds wrong but I don’t know what’s right 😂) It’s a public place... there’s probably not much else they can do. My anxiety is worse at night time too. I think surrounding yourself with calm people is good but prepping yourself a bit will make you feel better too x
I know what you mean, it was nice to see it out for everyone to use but then it made me shiver as I’ve never seen that before apart from in hospitals. X

Reactions: 1
I am thinking of changing to a fridge....and will from now be known as Beko,..lm trying to be cool about it so please leave a light for me and don't freeze me out or leave me in the corner....I think a fresh approach will do me the world of good...
Think I've gone off the idea..
As you were,...🙊🤣