Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m having a bad morning, not even out of bed. Which is so unheard of for me. Just can’t seem to motivate myself to get up
Yup, and looking after a busy 7 year old and just feeling like a tit Mum trying to keep it all together when my mental health is falling apart.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Feeling the same here. Got up and got my 7yo breakfast and set up some activities for him now I'm back in bed with a cup of coffee. Just can't be bothered.

Reactions: 4
I feel the worst so far today. Think because it’s Saturday and me and my 4yo usually visit my mum and my boyfriend and without the routine of work and school that we’ve had so far this week it just feels so hard and lonely today. I’m trying to keep cheerful for my boy but I’m struggling 😥

I’ve been trying to keep busy.

Evenings are the worst.

I’m not watching the news anymore before bed as it causes a bad nights sleep.

Take care x

I am having really morbid, intrusive thoughts. It’s mostly happening in the evening and then I end up in an emotional mess. I’m also having really graphic dreams about family members dying. I have a history of anxiety and depression but I haven’t needed to visit the doctor about it for a couple of years now. I’ve also moved house so I’m not currently registered with a doctors anywhere near me. What can I do?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I am having really morbid, intrusive thoughts. It’s mostly happening in the evening and then I end up in an emotional mess. I’m also having really graphic dreams about family members dying. I have a history of anxiety and depression but I haven’t needed to visit the doctor about it for a couple of years now. I’ve also moved house so I’m not currently registered with a doctors anywhere near me. What can I do?
You will still be a allowed to ring a Dr in an emergency. You will have to fill out a form to Register.

I think your dreams are normal for this time. I dreamt last night my hair was falling out in big clumps. In the past I have dreamt a lot of times about my teeth falling out. Both things mean 'fear of change'.

In the evening, watch a comedy or a favourite film. Lighthearted stuff, nothing heavy. Or read a book or listen to music. Don't watch the news or read on here or listen to anything about the coronavirus a few hours before bed.

All day I've been freezing, now in bed I'm roasting my throat is a bit scratchy no other symptoms . My 7 year old is the same . Obviously we will isolate now . absolutely sh***** myself 😔 2 years ago I almost died now that's all I can think about . I'm scared to sleep . I'm scared I wont wake up 😔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
All day I've been freezing, now in bed I'm roasting my throat is a bit scratchy no other symptoms . My 7 year old is the same . Obviously we will isolate now . absolutely sh***** myself 😔 2 years ago I almost died now that's all I can think about . I'm scared to sleep . I'm scared I wont wake up 😔💔
Try and stay calm, look after yourself as if it's flu and keep an eye on your progress. Watch TV, eat, stay cosy. If you get worse you're not alone you can use 111 online.

Reactions: 8
Completely understandable that this is triggering your fears of past experience.

Reactions: 4
Oh this anxiety is awful and I’m sorry you’re so scared. How are you feeling today? Sending you a hug x

How are you all?

Im so up and down. Hubby had to go to thr post office yesterday to post some work related mail. I’m now in a complete panic he will have caught it. I made him wear gloves and a snood, once home he sprayed and wiped the bread and milk we needed. He then took his clothes off, straight in thr machine and then he showered. I sprayed all the door handles etc I’m now counting 14 days. Yesterday I had an itchy nose, rubbed my nose and panicked omg will I now develop it as I’ve touched my nose. I suffer with my sinuses so my nose gets dry and itchy a lot and without thinking I keep touching my nose.

I am in a constant state of worry, we live fairly out of the way of any busy cities and affected areas but our trust now has figures confirmed at around 100 I think it is. I’m constantly worrying and then randomly get a spike of anxiety and panic what if i die or my husband dies as he has asthma. Just hits me in waves and each time hubby’s bday to dash to ge bread and milk or post something I’m terrified because we should isolate but we’ve no one to ask for help. Our local response team did our food shop last week and I felt so much guilt, we can’t ask them to do chemist or post office runs for us aswell. I hate asking for help but myself and husband have health conditions 🥺 I start crying randomly, then other times I’m calmer and block it out. Anyone else randomly crying?

Spoke to my mum yesterday, she said I’m not going anywhere big, I just went round to your sisters yesterday to clean her new house as she’s just moved, it was filthy. I stayed over night too 🙄 She has a diabetic husband at home and theyre both pushing 70. I’ve given up telling her the lockdown rules and the risk group her husband is in. She doesn’t listen and my family think they’re fine to mix with each other, it’s safe. They all went out Mothers Day.

Last edited:
Oh this anxiety is awful and I’m sorry you’re so scared. How are you feeling today? Sending you a hug x

How are you all?

Im so up and down. Hubby had to go to thr post office yesterday to post some work related mail. I’m now in a complete panic he will have caught it. I made him wear gloves and a snood, once home he sprayed and wiped the bread and milk we needed. He then took his clothes off, straight in thr machine and then he showered. I sprayed all the door handles etc I’m now counting 14 days. Yesterday I had an itchy nose, rubbed my nose and panicked omg will I now develop it as I’ve touched my nose. I suffer with my sinuses so my nose gets dry and itchy a lot and without thinking I keep touching my nose.

I am in a constant state of worry, we live fairly out of the way of any busy cities and affected areas but our trust now has figures confirmed at around 100 I think it is. I’m constantly worrying and then randomly get a spike of anxiety and panic what if i die or my husband dies as he has asthma. Just hits me in waves and each time hubby’s bday to dash to ge bread and milk or post something I’m terrified because we should isolate but we’ve no one to ask for help. Our local response team did our food shop last week and I felt so much guilt, we can’t ask them to do chemist or post office runs for us aswell. I hate asking for help but myself and husband have health conditions 🥺 I start crying randomly, then other times I’m calmer and block it out. Anyone else randomly crying?

Spoke to my mum yesterday, she said I’m not going anywhere big, I just went round to your sisters yesterday to clean her new house as she’s just moved, it was filthy. I stayed over night too 🙄 She has a diabetic husband at home and theyre both pushing 70. I’ve given up telling her the lockdown rules and the risk group her husband is in. She doesn’t listen and my family think they’re fine to mix with each other, it’s safe. They all went out Mothers Day.
Thank you so much , I've woken up this morning roasting and then chills. I now have the worst cough ever and at point find it hard to breathe . I want to phone the doctors but I dont think they will do anything.

Thank you so much , I've woken up this morning roasting and then chills. I now have the worst cough ever and at point find it hard to breathe . I want to phone the doctors but I dont think they will do anything.
I would phone the Dr. You might have a chest infection and need antibiotics.

Definitely call your Gp, even if just to get reassurance.

xxx

Who would you contact if you were worried about someones mental health over this virus?

Reactions: 5
Who would you contact if you were worried about someones mental health over this virus?
The NHS website has links to local services:
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nh...ervices/how-to-access-mental-health-services/
If you feel the person may benefit from just being able to talk to somebody anonymous then the Samaritans may be appropriate.
The Mind website also has some good advice about how to support somebody struggling with their mental health
https://www.mind.org.uk/information...ealth-problem/helping-someone-else-seek-help/

• Heart
Have you tried talking to this person about their issues? I understand you’re concerned but if you haven’t spoken to them about how they are feeling I wouldn’t go behind their back. This is just my thoughts and how I have experienced things. I would rather someone ask me if I’m okay and would I like help or someone to talk to. If you have already passed this stage you can contact GP on behalf of someone but obviously because of confidentiality they cannot discuss but of course they can report your concerns and offer ways to help.

on another note..

I am getting concerned about food shopping now. I’m having to go out multiple times a week because I live alone at the minute and I have no car. I can’t get a delivery slot to save my life. There’s nothing until end of April. It’s so frustrating trying to stay in but having no choice but to keep going to the shop every other day.

Last edited:
Have you tried talking to this person about their issues? I understand you’re concerned but if you haven’t spoken to them about how they are feeling I wouldn’t go behind their back. This is just my thoughts and how I have experienced things. I would rather someone ask me if I’m okay and would I like help or someone to talk to. If you have already passed this stage you can contact GP on behalf of someone but obviously because of confidentiality they cannot discuss but of course they can report your concerns and offer ways to help.

on another note..

I am getting concerned about food shopping now. I’m having to go out multiple times a week because I live alone at the minute and I have no car. I can’t get a delivery slot to save my life. There’s nothing until end of April. It’s so frustrating trying to stay in but having no choice but to keep going to the shop every other day.
Sadly I cant talk to them as theyve deleted me from Facebook and dont want anything to do with me for the time being. All because I took one 10 minute walk to an empty park, only time ive been out in 8 days but apparently its heartbreaking to watch me take risks 😩