Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done!
Sorry for nagging, but you’re a similar age to my son so I put my “mum” hat on! ;)
Write down some bullet points of what you want to say so you can refer to them when the GP calls. It’s easy to forget things when you’re nervous or refer back to your post from a few days ago.
You’ve made the first step which is always the hardest. I’m proud of you xx
Awh nah you weren't nagging! Didn't want to say I hadn't done it so thought I better go phone - I just need to be reminded by someone lol it's like my sister with things I put off and she's "you done it now?" until I yeah have. 😂 it's just a wee push to do what I gotta do and I know it's frustrating when you try to help someone and they don't listen I always try to take advice when someone is kind enough to take their time helping me and you's on here have. Yeah I will do that that you ❤ xx

Reactions: 2
So the doctor phoned me at 6pm and it kind of caught my off guard because by five I thought they probably won't call today now and it'll be tomorrow so I probably didn't explain as best as I could but I told him how I've been feeling. Asked about medication they have offered me before but I didn't take because I was too worried about side effects/didn't think they would help but now I feel like they might and it's worth trying and he said because he's not met me (moved to a different doctors when I got this flat) that he didn't want to give me them and told me that lots of people are struggling right now because of the covid situation. Although i said its not the reason for why I am it's just making it more difficult feeling trapped in my house. I never try with doctors because I always think I'm "not bad enough" it's only when someone phones on behalf of me but I done it myself and it feels like nothing is going to change. He just said try using headspace or moodcafe, that excerise can help and that he'll print off some leaflets I can go up to the doctors and collect about looking after your mental health. I feel bad for being so upset over it I'm sitting here crying but I wouldnt have contacted them unless I felt absolutely horrendous and unable to cope. What's on those leaflets is probably information I could find online so it doesn't even feel worth walking all the way up there to get them. He did say he'll phone back next Monday to see how I'm doing then but I don't think I can cope another week like this I tried to speak more but he kept talking and it felt so rushed. I feel guilty for being so upset over it because I know they are all working hard and he's only doing their job but I feel worse now and I thought it would help me 😢 x

• Sad
So the doctor phoned me at 6pm and it kind of caught my off guard because by five I thought they probably won't call today now and it'll be tomorrow so I probably didn't explain as best as I could but I told him how I've been feeling. Asked about medication they have offered me before but I didn't take because I was too worried about side effects/didn't think they would help but now I feel like they might and it's worth trying and he said because he's not met me (moved to a different doctors when I got this flat) that he didn't want to give me them and told me that lots of people are struggling right now because of the covid situation. Although i said its not the reason for why I am it's just making it more difficult feeling trapped in my house. I never try with doctors because I always think I'm "not bad enough" it's only when someone phones on behalf of me but I done it myself and it feels like nothing is going to change. He just said try using headspace or moodcafe, that excerise can help and that he'll print off some leaflets I can go up to the doctors and collect about looking after your mental health. I feel bad for being so upset over it I'm sitting here crying but I wouldnt have contacted them unless I felt absolutely horrendous and unable to cope. What's on those leaflets is probably information I could find online so it doesn't even feel worth walking all the way up there to get them. He did say he'll phone back next Monday to see how I'm doing then but I don't think I can cope another week like this I tried to speak more but he kept talking and it felt so rushed. I feel guilty for being so upset over it because I know they are all working hard and he's only doing their job but I feel worse now and I thought it would help me 😢 x
If you don’t think you can cope another week then you must call them tomorrow and tell them. Don’t worry about being upset on the ‘phone. He won’t give you meds because he hasn’t met you? Then he needs a face to face appointment with you. He is obviously trying to avoid appointments because of coronavirus but he still has to do his job.
I’m sorry he didn’t give you the support you deserve. 😔

Reactions: 1
If you don’t think you can cope another week then you must call them tomorrow and tell them. Don’t worry about being upset on the ‘phone. He won’t give you meds because he hasn’t met you? Then he needs a face to face appointment with you. He is obviously trying to avoid appointments because of coronavirus but he still has to do his job.
I’m sorry he didn’t give you the support you deserve. 😔
He was asking about if i drink I don't know if he saw on records but I used to struggle with drinking heavily and another doctor told me before he couldn't give me medication until I had stopped/cut down because on some meds it can make you worse mixing them with alcohol. I still have a drink now but I'm not nowhere near as bad as I was then and I told him that. Just felt as if it was going to help and it was such a massive step for me to take. I know it's just phoning up a doctor so doesn't sound like much but I never do that myself and if I ever do have an appointment someone comes with me. Maybe I should try again tomorrow I don't know I just felt like I waited all day for that phone call not calling a friend incase they rang just to feel like they didn't take me seriously. Thank you ❤ x

• Sad
Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone here suffer with health anxiety and have you found that it’s got worse in the current situation, but not specifically about contracting the virus?

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone here suffer with health anxiety and have you found that it’s got worse in the current situation, but not specifically about contracting the virus?
I have general anxiety disorder and the lady from the CBT place said it’s not health anxiety but I honestly believe my GAD has now spiralled into health anxiety. I’m struggling- have been for weeks. I’m due back at work a week on Monday and it’s a hot clinic for Covid but I can’t even fathom returning yet- I do admin. I think I’ll have a breakdown if I go back, I’m trying I really am but the help I’m waiting for won’t be for 3 more weeks.
But yes I’m struggling with a degree of health anxiety.

• Sad
Use the next few days to make some notes about how you have been feeling and why you feel you would benefit from medication.

If you're anything like me you'll be re-running the conversation in your head with all the 'I wish I'd said, I could have said' etc.
Make notes as things pop into your head. That way by Monday you'll have a list of points ready to explain when the Dr rings back.

You might even want to say at the start of the call that you are feeling anxious about getting your thoughts across properly.

I often feel stressed about contacting the GP for things so I understand what it's like. The writing a list method, or even writing it out as a script to read from has helped me before.
Try not to stress too much x

Its been nearly 4 wks since I wrote how sad/depressed I was on this thread. I would like to report I’m actually like a different person now 💫 like my old self.
Think it takes time for the brain to catch up with what your worries are.
How’s everyone doing ?

Reactions: 5
Its been nearly 4 wks since I wrote how sad/depressed I was on this thread. I would like to report I’m actually like a different person now 💫 like my old self.
How’s everyone doing ?
Ah I’m glad to hear it x

How’s everyone doing ?

Great news!

I’m doing ok, still missing my mum and my boyfriend but my son and I have got into a routine of sorts with school and work from home. Surprising how you can adjust to such changes after a few weeks. It’s still a bit up and down at times but it’s mostly good mental health days recently. When things change and lockdown starts to get lifted my anxiety will rise a bit i think as il be wary of going back out again!

Reactions: 3