Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
continue here,

useful links at this time.

NHS
WHO

Total cases - U.K.

Google maps cases by area.

Previous threads

Reactions: 3
Husband just took this - local corner shop selling 2 ROLLS of loo roll for £10! Sorry - "only £10" as the sign states 😂😂😂😂🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Daylight robbery. Here, grocery stores have sent out memos saying they will not be raising prices.

Reactions: 14
Tbh I think Sunak did a brilliant job.
If nothing else he was the most reassured I've been since this chaos started.
Bring him back tomorrow 👏🏼

Reactions: 36
So this social distancing does that mean I can’t see my mum? She’s now working at home so would only leave the house to go to the shop for food when she needs to. Could I still see her? Like we both are Staying in and only leaving when we need food? I think I’d do insane on my own with the kids constantly with no other human interacting except my husband 🤣 see his kids but they are kids!! We will be avoiding his dad with him being elderly

I’m at Center parcs, yesterday and this morning it’s been completely normal but now we’ve seen 2 cars leaving and the sports plaza is almost empty and it’s always packed. Also some kids were mean to my daughter so duck them

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Re economic stimulus for businesses.

I worry that bad businesses will take the money, pay themselves then go bust then we have to pick up the tab. And good businesses will take out the loan and then be left with huge debts as this thing isn't going to be over in weeks or even years.

I think helicopter money should be next to reduce administration and just give every adult £1000.

Reactions: 10
Regarding ibuprofen, thanks for the link in the last thread @Gers76
But thought I’d add they just addressed it on a FAQ’s on bbc news just now. Basically there’s a theory the anti inflammatory properties might weaken the immune system. But medical professionals in this country aren’t sure if that’s true but the advice is to play it safe and stick to paracetamol- unless your on an anti inflammatory prescription of some sort anyway in which case you should discuss it with your doctor (if you can).

Im sure the question will keep coming up but that’s just the nature of this thing. That bbc package was really useful tho, lots of similar questions to things we see here everyday, if or when they upload it to YouTube I’ll post it, and I suppose it’s on the i player already. I’m guessing they are doing something like that regularly on bulletins at the moment, with so much disinformation flying around it’s so important.

Reactions: 7
So this social distancing does that mean I can’t see my mum? She’s now working at home so would only leave the house to go to the shop for food when she needs to. Could I still see her? Like we both are Staying in and only leaving when we need food? I think I’d do insane on my own with the kids constantly with no other human interacting except my husband 🤣 see his kids but they are kids!! We will be avoiding his dad with him being elderly
I would try to limit it if you usually see her frequently, but that's about as much as I could suggest, since I don't actually know. But I am concerned about how all this social distancing is going to affect people's mental health, to be honest.

Reactions: 14
I would try to limit it if you usually see her frequently, but that's about as much as I could suggest, since I don't actually know. But I am concerned about how all this social distancing is going to affect people's mental health, to be honest.
See her once a week if I’m lucky :( it would break me if I couldn’t see her. Lost my dad a few years ago so I worry about her and her mental health

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Not sure if it’s the right thread for this but.

78638061-B120-4642-8042-E37F2FEB314C.jpeg

(for the argument that it’s not accurate)
doesn’t he have 3 islands 🙄

55604BEC-2817-4203-8AA3-B18ECDA1335F.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
See her once a week if I’m lucky :( it would break me if I couldn’t see her. Lost my dad a few years ago so I worry about her and her mental health
Aww, I'm sorry. Yeah I can see how you need to stay close. Well, again, I'm no expert, but if you are both feeling well, I don't see why not...…. Trouble is, we are so unsure about what to do and when, that its creating its own stress over and above the usual family stuff. Nightmare.

Not off topic, but kind of a step from the general direction...
As someone posted in the last thread about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s temporary freedom due to CO-VID 19 ...here her first selfie that I defy you not to smile when you see
521B3011-F441-4725-9170-B73451F6B042.jpeg

A quite surprising clash of two huge , sad stories... and something moderately nice too, who would have thought it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.