Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here.

- “Not since the end of the Second World War have we faced such a dramatic crisis,” said President of the European Parliament David Sassoli, promising Parliament would work swiftly on the Covid-19 relief package.

- A further 19 people have died after testing positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of deaths in England to 53, NHS England said. There has also been one death in Wales and one in Scotland bringing the total number of deaths in the UK to 55.

- Johnson said everyone in the UK was now being asked to avoid all “non-essential contact” with other people. That meant they should be working from home if possible and avoiding pubs, clubs and theatres etc.

Latest updates

NHS
WHO
Google maps

Previous threads

• Sad
Reactions: 8
To anyone pregnant or just had a new born. I am so sorry that that absolute toolbag was so Blaise about the effects of it on you. I understand it's new and they don't know alot about it but to just say, yeah it effects the but until loads more get it we won't know by now much. Wanted to smash his teeth in. You guys are already going through so much and that was has helpful as pouring tea into a colander

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I walked to my parents today with the dog,and my mam has been in tears. I felt so helpless. My sister is heavily pregnant, and she is always worried about me anyway (immunocompromised from chemo, thyroid disease, asthma and 1 kidney - fml 😖😖😖😖). It's awful seeing those who are usually our pillars of strength be as scared as us. I feel as scared as I was when I first got my cancer diagnosis.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I got told to self isolate with my family yesterday for 7 days. Does that automatically mean i now do for 14 days do we think? My work are going to go mental.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Are ya's really not worried about this? Like people talking about kids parties etc. No one in dublin is doing anything bar us in HC. It's like 28 days later where I live in dublin theres feic all on lol. I'm dreading to see how many have it in the UK when they announce!

Reactions: 6
I got told to self isolate with my family yesterday for 7 days. Does that automatically mean i now do for 14 days do we think? My work are going to go mental.
Seriously, duck them. Life is more important and in the coming weeks it will be the norm, if not sooner.

Reactions: 18
This is so scary to me. If I can't see my family for 12 weeks or more it'll be detrimental to my mental health. I'm scared for everyone 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I would go to 14. They’re saying simply so if any others catch it it’s a wide enough time for it to hopefully be non contagious

Reactions: 5
Social distancing needs to be followed through by everyone. I have family members who live alone so it won’t be easy for us but we will all be doing it.

Reactions: 8
I fully understand social distancing but I wonder how many people do

my friends like ‘yeah, I won’t see many friends and kids’ like pal - you’re not supposed to really see anyone. Or am I being too OTT?
Is it a case of keep your circle small or just bare bones as much as possible?

I also have family at the other end of the country who are due to stay with us near Easter and obviously that’s probably not going to happen... again, is non essential travel covering family or again is it a case of stay close to home and that’s it.

Reactions: 7
This is so scary to me. If I can't see my family for 12 weeks or more it'll be detrimental to my mental health. I'm scared for everyone 😔
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I wish I knew exactly what this cough is supposed to sound like. My daughter's is concerning me but she also gets the occasional asthma/cold-ish cough for no reason.

Reactions: 10
That's what is all comes down too, make the people make the decisions then they have to deal with the consequences. The government can just say... Well you didn't HAVE too.

Reactions: 6
Don't often agree with Piers but can't help but agree with him here.
View attachment 96411
lol, as if the insurance companies are going to pay up anyway? travel insurance companies are already turning down claims, saying that a pandemic is so unprecedented they do not cover it.

no, this will be for the government to help businesses, insurers won't cover it.

Reactions: 2
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.
If I have to stay in my house for super long I will definitely suffer. Especially as I literally live alone with my two kids and the main topic of conversation at the moment is paw patrol.
I don't have any friends but just getting out of the house helps a LOT with my depression/anxiety/PTSD symptoms.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
My husband just came in from work (he's a handyman for a nightclub that also own other businesses..) and supposedly on Friday night all the bar owners in the city are having a meeting to come to a joint decision whether they should all shut or stay open.. and his work want to stay open because "duck it lets make as much money as we can before we have to close." I really hope others don't have that mindset, because pissed dickheads already put enough strain on emergency services nevermind the risk of spreading the virus. Idiots.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.