Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when they’re going to announce the Christmas rules? I haven’t been following it closely as it just makes me depressed so I never know when Boris is doing another announcement

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know when they’re going to announce the Christmas rules? I haven’t been following it closely as it just makes me depressed so I never know when Boris is doing another announcement
Apparently announcing which area will be in which tier on Thursday. Not sure about Christmas though!

Reactions: 2
This just popped up on my phone

Reactions: 3
Being discussed in Parliament on Monday (see my post above)

Reactions: 3
Saw this and tbh I can’t think of a better argument than this. I also saw someone being interviewed who said there was little point in having Christmas dinner in December and then burying them in January 🤷🏻‍♀️
It’s tough making these decisions but that about sums it up for me.

As for the new tiers, it’s a Saturday night- why are they leaking things like this now?! Annoys me so much 🙄

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fully expecting to be put in the highest tier when the announcement is made.
We still have the highest infection rate in England.
Not sure how I feel about Christmas. Obviously I'd love nothing more than Christmas dinner with my parents and mother in law but I do worry about the risks. Difficult decisions to be made

Reactions: 5
Saw this and tbh I can’t think of a better argument than this. I also saw someone being interviewed who said there was little point in having Christmas dinner in December and then burying them in January 🤷🏻‍♀️

As for the new tiers, it’s a Saturday night- why are they leaking things like this now?! Annoys me so much 🙄
This really resonates with me. My parents have already said they won't be coming for Christmas dinner even if we are allowed. They don't want to risk being with us when the children have been at school. I totally see their point. Why risk it.

However, I absolutely support individuals making their own choices in this. If people have different circumstances to me and need (or even want) to see their loved ones then I support that too.

These leaks are driving me mad. The reality is even if you see your family as you usually would, no one is having a normal Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In two minds about Christmas. On the one hand, it feels like to lift the rules just because of Christmas makes a mockery of lockdown, and is insulting to those who have missed out on other major religious events (Diwali and eid), but on the other hand, people are going to meet up regardless of the rules and after the year we have had, there will be a lot of people wanting to make the most of every minute because we are never promised tomorrow.... Really don’t know 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13

Love her twitter

Schools arent allowed to ask for proof of a positive/negative result. Parents can provide one if they want but usually word of mouth is fine. Its a GDPR issue and apparently GDPR trumps safeguarding! Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1
Schools arent allowed to ask for proof of a positive/negative result. Parents can provide one if they want but usually word of mouth is fine. Its a GDPR issue and apparently GDPR trumps safeguarding! Ridiculous.
We were asked to provide a screenshot of our kids negative results for the school

This really resonates with me. My parents have already said they won't be coming for Christmas dinner even if we are allowed. They don't want to risk being with us when the children have been at school. I totally see their point. Why risk it.

However, I absolutely support individuals making their own choices in this. If people have different circumstances to me and need (or even want) to see their loved ones then I support that too.

These leaks are driving me mad. The reality is even if you see your family as you usually would, no one is having a normal Christmas.
I’m sorry you’re not going to be able to have your usual family Christmas, that’s really unfair all round. Although I do understand your parents reservations.

If you were in a position to, would you consider keeping your kids out of school for 2 weeks before Christmas to isolate them and allow your parents to come round?

Please don’t be offended by my asking this - it is in no way a “dig” at you or anything as such. I don’t have kids myself but I’m genuinely quite curious whether any families will take measures such as this to ensure they can have a wider family Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.