Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following from the last thread - it’s taken China 8 weeks or so to get back to some form of normality. I know they are asking people entering the country from the UK to self isolate for two weeks there now. Surely we do not have months and months left of this here in the UK. Maybe it’ll peak before the government expect?

Reactions: 9
Following from the last thread - it’s taken China 8 weeks or so to get back to some form of normality. I know they are asking people entering the country from the UK to self isolate for two weeks there now. Surely we do not have months and months left of this here in the UK. Maybe it’ll peak before the government expect?
Fingers crossed! I think I'm going to have to make a pact with myself to put my phone away for a few hours each day - my thirst for knowledge is actually feeding the worry. Still waiting to hear from work whether we stay at home or not - I work on a uni campus.

Reactions: 16
I wish the newspapers in my hometown would stop trying to scare people with the headlines when we have no confirmed cases.The media has a lot to answer to.Saying that so does Boris Johnson 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’m dropping this here for anyone who has kids at home. It’s a subscription service but
as far as I know they’re offering it for free during school closers, so when you let them out of the shed and they’ve finished all the hoarded snacks and threw up it might be handy! 😊

eg:
25FB5A08-F3F7-483E-B454-17B8EBDC4F99.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'd rather the media did put the facts out there than keep things from us ..people need to realise the seriousness of this . My local hospital has a woman in an induced coma because of the virus . It isn't just hype it's real.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Fingers crossed! I think I'm going to have to make a pact with myself to put my phone away for a few hours each day - my thirst for knowledge is actually feeding the worry. Still waiting to hear from work whether we stay at home or not - I work on a uni campus.
I do the same, I have turned the news off on my phone and muted any groups on Facebook with updates. Unfollowed sky also. I think it becomes such an obsession looking for info

Reactions: 11
I’m dropping this here for anyone who has kids at home.
As far as I know they’re offering it for free during school closers so when you let them out of the shed and they’ve finished all the hoarded snacks and threw up it might be handy! 😊

I’ve just put £80 worth of crafts in my basket from the works 😂 I literally cannot have a newborn and two bored kids for weeks on end! I’ll be back on the wine before I know it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I hate all the uncertainty. I wish they would keep us better up to date with their plans. It’s so blasé

I wish the newspapers in my hometown would stop trying to scare people with the headlines when we have no confirmed cases.The media has a lot to answer to.Saying that so does Boris Johnson 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes, I was wrong - I thought I had read confirmed. I do know it’s true that Moorends closed for the reasons stated though.

I wrote Doncaster/East Yorkshire because the regions share a border, Doncaster postcodes go into EY. not to imply that Doncaster was IN East Yorkshire.

I stand by the point I was making all that aside that it’s circulating in areas where it’s not officially confirmed though. If you want to believe it’s not there that’s fine 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’ve just put £80 worth of crafts in my basket from the works 😂 I literally cannot have a newborn and two bored kids for weeks on end! I’ll be back on the wine before I know it 😂
I’ve looked on that site but I can’t yet see “crafts inspired by mummy’s tears” or
“What to do with mummy’s empty wine bottles”
In the early years section, maybe 6th class and up?

(some of the stuff is good to pass some time though, regardless of their class 🤣 total smashed a word search on my own earlier)

(I know we have a separate thread for suggestions like this but when most read here I thought it was best to put it on the main thread)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do people think schools will actually close ? Wondering how my husband and I will work 👀👀
Some schools may choose to close early but I suspect Easter holidays. I personally agree schools should stay open, but be upping their hygiene.

Reactions: 10
Some schools may choose to close early but I suspect Easter holidays. I personally agree schools should stay open, but be upping their hygiene.
I’m very lucky that both my children’s schools are excellent with hygiene. I think they should stay open Too children are safe at school .

I'm close to buying a rock tumbler machine to make my own sea glass for creations.

Recycling wine bottles and craft in one go 😁

I don't even have any kids 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve looked on that site but I can’t yet see “crafts inspired by mummy’s tears” or
“What to do with mummy’s empty wine bottles”
In the early years section, maybe 6th class and up?

(some of the stuff is good to pass some time though, regardless of their class 🤣 total smashed a word search on my own earlier)
I agree anything is helpful. You run out of ideas

Reactions: 3
To anyone wondering why they don't personally know anyone with this virus, and even saying it's a conspiracy theory, think of the numbers! We have 66.44 million people in the UK and only 820 confirmed coronavirus cases. That means
0.0000123419% of the population are known to have it. That number is infinitesimally small. Even allowing for some people having the virus without knowing it, the number will still be infinitesimally small so it's no wonder nobody really directly knows someone who has been diagnosed with. No conspiracy, just numbers.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
lots of people seem to think it’s not an if but a when. I’m not convinced.
I guess they are trying to make it to easter before the schools break up, again I think they don’t want everyone to treat it as an extended holiday and up and move to different areas of the country. This is just my opinion. We are in an unprecedented situation, things are changing by the hour, people are getting more and more twitchy and we are all rightly concerned about our families, friends and incomes etc. There isn’t a one size fits all solution, i think there will be many twists and turns ahead.

Reactions: 5
I'd rather the media did put the facts out there than keep things from us ..people need to realise the seriousness of this . My local hospital has a woman in an induced coma because of the virus . It isn't just hype it's real.
I agree if they are giving facts out yes but this isnt the case with my local newspaper

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.