Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't you just appreciate your family, friends and health more than ever before.

Don't you just crave for the freedom we used to have. To be able to travel wherever we want, to be able to see our family and friends whenever and wherever we wish.

Don't you just want to bin those freaking masks and see people's beautiful faces again.

Don't you just want to step outside your door and not feel nervous about where you're going, what you might touch or who might criticise your every move.

Don't you just want your freedom back.
I’m looking forward to the day when we can see as many people as we want, when I can be with my parents, my siblings and their partners and children at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Next March 🤞🏻

When it happens it feels like there’s something inside that’s rolled or flipped? It feels unusual as it feels too low down and central to be gas... I’m hoping it is the baby as it will be massively reassuring to be able to feel the baby move now!
Tui- that’s your little one ❤ Its a bit like a fluttering feeling. These movements will get stronger all the time and you’ll have no doubts. Plenty of space just now for wriggling and rolls, soon you’ll feel prods from a little elbow or knee. Congratulations ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I live at home with my Mother and Brother, Mother is nearly 90, Brother works, I've worked most of this pandemic.

Our Lives are more or less normal, even during Lockdown.

Reactions: 8
Next March 🤞🏻

When it happens it feels like there’s something inside that’s rolled or flipped? It feels unusual as it feels too low down and central to be gas... I’m hoping it is the baby as it will be massively reassuring to be able to feel the baby move now!
At my 20 week appointment when they asked about movements I think I described it as ‘blub blub’ feeling

Highly descriptive 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Next March 🤞🏻

That's exactly what it feels like .I remember a hardening on one side low down like the baby was scrunching up or something really odd feeling ,felt like a tiny ball at times ...Congratulations hope every goes well for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
These positives are brilliant!

Mine are the difference in when I first posted on here and how anxious it would make me, compared to now where commenting feels more like a conversation with friends.

I'd add to that, the user names that have become so familiar that some of you feel like friends (sorry if that's weird).

Our finances are actually better. This makes me feel very guilty because others are not so lucky. It's a big deal though because we were teetering on the edge of financial crisis prior to Covid.

One of my sons, who before lockdown was on the edge of a breakdown due to ASD/ADHD is now on medication and thriving at school. I think the time away from school really helped him.

I have a job interview next month for what is quite literally my dream job.

Lastly, despite some wobbles, I'm doing ok mentally. I was newly recovered from some very serious depression when lockdown hit and I wasn't sure which way it would go. I do have bad days but I allow myself to feel like that rather than berating myself for being crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Mine are the difference in when I first posted on here and how anxious it would make me, compared to now where commenting feels more like a conversation with friends.

I'd add to that, the user names that have become so familiar that some of you feel like friends (sorry if that's weird).

Our finances are actually better. This makes me feel very guilty because others are not so lucky. It's a big deal though because we were teetering on the edge of financial crisis prior to Covid.

One of my sons, who before lockdown was on the edge of a breakdown due to ASD/ADHD is now on medication and thriving at school. I think the time away from school really helped him.

Lastly, despite some wobbles, I'm doing ok mentally. I was newly recovered from some very serious depression when lockdown hit and I wasn't sure which way it would go. I do have bad days but I allow myself to feel like that rather than berating myself for being crap.
You are winning, don’t look back.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I feel the same way as you! It's like having a big group of mates where you can all have a laugh but you all genuinely care for each other! Feels a bit (weird and probably very dysfunctional lmao) family

So glad for you about your job and that you're son is thriving now❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Next March 🤞🏻

That’s baby 😊 I could never accurately describe those first little movements. I’d find that they’d vary based on babies position but I’d say definitely like you’ve said, like baby was tapping from the inside, little flutters or like bubbles popping. It really is amazing when you feel those little movements for the first time, especially PAL it’s like a little cloud has lifted x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve just been sat here on the sofa in floods of tears because I’m so happy 🥰 can’t wait for movements to get stronger. Only 2 weeks to my next scan and find out if it’s a boy or girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ll give this positives thing a go, might help me feel a little less sorry for myself 😳

Since covid first started my baby has blossomed into a toddler, she turned one, she’s gone from a crawling little babbler to chatting away all day, running around and loving everything to do with being outside and all kinds of weather 😻

I’ve lost 4 stone (somehow, I’m a horrendous emotional eater)

We saved enough money not going on days out etc to buy me a little car after selling mine 3 and a half years ago

I’ve learnt to cherish the little things in life. I’ve always wanted ‘more’ but actually I’m very content now with what we have.

And as much as I struggled through the initial lockdown, it was also what I was craving. We spent some wonderful quality time as a family. Without worrying about having to catch up with family and friends, because it was done over the phone.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Positives

Saving money. We used to like eating out a few times a week, normally a starter and main, maybe a dessert. Now we only get a takeaway every few weeks. I used to go to a boutique gym that cost $150 p/m but now I do workouts at home and love them. I won't pay for a gym again. I am not getting my hair done as often...this time has made me realise it doesn't need done frequently. I last got it coloured in June and am not booked in until January for more colour. My hairdresser does great balayage so the roots grow out nicely.

Getting more creative.
I have watercolours that I have used more, as well as doing more baking. We've also been cooking meals that we'd normally get at a restaurant (tacos, pizzas, curries etc). Learned some new dishes which is nice.

More time with my husband
He is back to the office a few times a week now but I really enjoyed him being home.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve had to have a little think about my positives but I do have some...

I’ve been able to really test my marriage (we got married in Oct 19) via wfh and being together every second and can confirm it was definitely my best decision ever.

I have a very strained relationship with my mother and lockdown allowed me some respite from her without hurting her feelings which helped my MH immensely (I realise that sounds awful, but it’s true)

I got out of a job I was so unhappy in and joined a team who are honestly the loveliest people

I found this thread and so many of you have said things which have given me a lot of hope throughout this so I’m really grateful for that. Even if sometimes it feels all doom and gloom someone will have a funny comment or a bit of positivity.

I have also read 43 books this year which has been a nice little escape for me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Just want to wish you luck in your interview. Google the company and learn as much about them as you can. Find some interview questions on line and think about answers. Turn any negative interview questions into positives.

If I knew how to PM you then I would. I'm here for you. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just been sat here on the sofa in floods of tears because I’m so happy 🥰 can’t wait for movements to get stronger. Only 2 weeks to my next scan and find out if it’s a boy or girl!
It won’t be long till those wee flutters turn into proper little kicks that take you completely unaware 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just want to wish you luck in your interview. Google the company and learn as much about them as you can. Find some interview questions on line and think about answers. Turn any negative interview questions into positives.

If I knew how to PM you then I would. I'm here for you. 🥰
Ahhh thank you so much. I already volunteer with them so I know lots about them and from feedback so far I'm in with a good shot at the official position. Just got to keep my fingers crossed and hope I don't say anything daft in the interview!

• Heart
I love these threads. Back in March I was terrified of what was going to happen, with two medically vulnerable little boys at home and an nhs worker husband - but every night I would get into bed and read these threads and they made me feel a bit less alone. Still check in sometimes and came back tonight because I can feel the world is going a bit crazy again. This year has been so weird for me - my parents split up and I haven’t seen or spoken to my mum since July 10th. My nan came out of hospital yesterday after falling and breaking her hip in August (she’s 88 so to come through that is amazing) and these threads are still strangely comforting.
So to join in with my positives -
1) I feel a lot more ok with staying home - it used to drive me nuts and I’d feel like a caged animal but now, I take things a bit slower and realised it’s actually ok and the world won’t end if I don’t have a huge adventure everyday
2) after struggling with disordered eating and a massive fear of putting on weight, I actually put on some weight and I’ve realised that too is ok, it doesn’t matter
3) I found the courage to move my little 5 year old to a different school, after he just didn’t settle, was having trouble with the other kids and not learning much - he started in September at our local school and he is loving it!! He can read, gets full marks on his spellings each week and comes home full of what he’s learned AND the head keeps stopping me to tell me how funny he is 🤣
4)I feel a massive appreciation for my home and garden and where we live
5) I am so proud of how my kids have coped with it all - they all said they loved lockdown and being at home, eldest 2 jumped at going back to school to see their friends for their last weeks of year six and have gone off to their secondary schools with no issues

so thanks tattlers, I’m going to keep coming back to this thread ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t sleep, it’s probably cerebral (my son has a football game tomorrow at 9! On a Sunday! My lie in is ruined so why bother) but I’ve enjoyed reading the positive lists. It puts things into perspective. Thank you 🙏

I can’t sleep, it’s probably cerebral (my son has a football game tomorrow at 9! On a Sunday! My lie in is ruined so why bother) but I’ve enjoyed reading the positive lists. It puts things into perspective. Thank you 🙏
I envy you it's probably the one this I miss with our circuit break the football and the other soccer moms 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.