Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So lovely reading the positives this morning, I’ll have a go at mine;

- have a supportive job that allowed me to wfh whilst home schooling my son
- family and friends have their health
- I have great friends who offered to drop food round in the early days when I didn’t want to bring my son around the shops (single parent)
- I completed couch 2 5k and have gotten fitter than I’ve been in years
- the time at home with my 5yo during lockdown removed the guilt I was carrying round for going back to work full time when he was 5 months and sending him to nursery that young when I didn’t want to. Although stressful at times I’ll cherish the memories of the time when life slowed down and we enjoyed hanging out together.

Also echo the comments here about Tattle. My first comments were on thread 1 I think and I’ve loved this site for getting me through stressful times, rationalising my crazy thoughts, making me feel normal when struggling with school stuff and making me actually laugh out loud during lonely nights before I could social bubble with my fella (looking at you Downing Street Honeys 🤣 ).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Its lovely reading everyone's positives when it all feels so negative.
These corona threads have made me laugh, cry and been more informative than the media.

I think I may of already had corona virus but never had anti body test so cant be sure.

Positives

Enjoyed having husband home 7 weeks lockdown we did some lovely walks.
We finished so many jobs around the house.

We finished decorating landing and stairs hall by removing wood chip wall paper, making good walls and painting.
40hours sanding and painting stairs and dado.
Finally after 1.5 years we gad carpet in stairs.

We landscaped our garden we finally have grass not rubble and brambles.
Also the addition decking has felt like we gained extra room.

We got a new sofa well 2nd hand but new to us so lounge sofas match.

We got a puppy in April and adore him.
We were lucky we got him before prices went mental and rescues won't consider us because we have a toddler.
We adore him and hes been great for my mental health.

We were ok for money as during the pandemic I did temp supermarket job which at times i hated but i think it kept my mind off 1st wave.
Also allowed us buy many treats.
Also got the odd fab reduction
It was nice have some respite from the kids as they were at home.
I think in some ways being stay at home parent much harder.

Got some lovely clothes in the sales.

Our lives hectic before lockdown nice to slow down and spend time together

This years best buys

Fitted in slimline dishwasher by taking away 1 kitchen cupboard its changed my life as felt like was drowning in dishes ans felt kill germs as well.
Big huge sink with tap with hose makes me smile daily.
Can wash pans and baking trays with ease.
New white gloss laminate makes kitchen seem brighter and easy to clean seems like a whole new kitchen.

New granite pans from pro cook amazing nothing sticks never had nice pans had few cheap pans with old pans from uni before but we got induction hob so needed new pans won't miss previous owners grotty oven.

Money we dident know what was going to happen this year.
We took mortgage break and a paid entire years council tax.
We paid for pet home and car insurance annual plus water this really helped as husbands income variable and 2nd month furlough and 1st month back was very klw as basic as hes mostly commision.
Extension to mot was nice.
We feel thankful in our 40s we finally brought a house and this has given us more freedom.
We used the mortgage break to get ahead on bills, do the garden and remodel the kitchen/diner.
Although 2021 we want to overpay to catch up.
Husband got tax rebate too and credit card refund was most odd timing.

Since being back husbands works very busy and earning good money but jan to march worries me.

School been really supportive over my SEN child and his provision.
I also won a SEN tribunual against council just me against barrister and solictor so feel kind of proud that i fought the system and won.

2nd child goes to senior school and hae sibling link so i don't have stress about school places until late next year.

My kids were happy in lockdown.
Despite lots local schools having cases ours hasent had any yet.

The toddler misses toddler group but we have joined a small ballet class which she loves.

We moved holiday that was cancelled in July to July next year still have bit to pay only Devon but something to look forward to.

Managed see close family and new neice once since pandemic began.

Trying make Halloween and xmas special.
Trying to be postive not sure its the weather and the media feel like struggling bit more mentally but holding it together for now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok Ive had a little think and my positives are.....

My children are closer, they have learnt to be each others best friends, they still argue dont get me wrong but their bond is so strong now.

We see how little we need to be happy, and are all much more appreciative of a slow and simple life.

Both mine and my husbands jobs are secure and we have brilliant and understanding employers, employers that believe in family first are everything.

My goal at the beginning of lockdown was for it to not mess my children up, and I succeeded so far, they look back on it with fondness and as a happy time.

Strangely despite not being able to see much of them Ive become closer to my parents.

Think thats it. This idea is so lovely and positive thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think people have forgotten as well that social distancing also means not passing things between you/touching each others stuff - seen a lot of passing phones and other items back and forward between people whilst ive been out
You see them sharing the same cigarette/ joint

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I can’t think of any positives that have come as a direct result of lockdown? There’s positive things that happened to me this year but they would have probably happened regardless, or would have been made better by not being in lockdown (eg, birth of new relatives was positive but would have happened anyway and been much better if I could have seen them for the first 4 months of their lives). I suppose the only positive is that we haven’t lost our jobs or anyone close to us.... but again, that’s not the sort of thing we would have needed to worry about before covid.

Reactions: 9
My finances are also better. I realised fairly on in lockdown how much money I used to waist on crap that I didn’t really need. For example I couldn’t walk past Costa or Starbucks without popping in for a coffee, couldn’t go past Primark without going in and picking up stuff. Yesterday I went in Primark and walked straight out, it all looked like rubbish. Hopefully my mindset has changed.

Reactions: 18
I realised this morning that one day we won't need this thread! Maybe down the line someone will make a thread about remembering lockdown etc. Not that I don't appreciate this thread now, but won't that be a good feeling?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My finances are also better. I realised fairly on in lockdown how much money I used to waist on crap that I didn’t really need. For example I couldn’t walk past Costa or Starbucks without popping in for a coffee, couldn’t go past Primark without going in and picking up stuff. Yesterday I went in Primark and walked straight out, it all looked like rubbish. Hopefully my mindset has changed.

Been to primark twice as only been city centre twice.
Huge queues but felt more civilised than before pandemic once in.
I do need to go once before xmas but trying to support smalller online companies.
However i will miss peococks.

Reactions: 1
Loved reading all your positives ♥

Lockdown made me realise how abusive my partner really was - and I left! I'm now happy and safe with my children.

Similarly my twins were around 6 weeks old when all this started, I've been able to stay at home with them longer than my maternity typically would have been and have been there for first words, first teeth, first crawl etc. They're almost 9 months old now and I've enjoyed every second at home with them 😀

Also daily lockdown walks shifted my twin baby weight 🤣 back at my pre baby weight and am thrilled!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Thankfully we live in an age where the internet in general, and social media in particular have come into their own in terms of people keeping in touch with friends, colleague and family members.

And the relative simplicity of video conferencing via the likes of Zoom and Skype, has also helped people stay connected, even from the other side of the world.

Other than the telephone I don't know how people would have coped so well before the advent of the internet to the public back in the late 80s early 90s

Reactions: 10
I can’t think of any positives that have come as a direct result of lockdown? There’s positive things that happened to me this year but they would have probably happened regardless, or would have been made better by not being in lockdown (eg, birth of new relatives was positive but would have happened anyway and been much better if I could have seen them for the first 4 months of their lives). I suppose the only positive is that we haven’t lost our jobs or anyone close to us.... but again, that’s not the sort of thing we would have needed to worry about before covid.
I can’t think of any either and I feel like a right Debbie downer. Happy to read everyone else’s though!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t think of any either and I feel like a right Debbie downer. Happy to read everyone else’s though!
I didnt think i'd had any positives from all this tit when I first started reading everyones but when I thought about it I managed to find a couple 😂 (its still tit though, probably worse now than during lockdown due to circumstances) 🙄
Got up this morning, flopped on the sofa, went back upstairs to get ready for the day but ended up getting back into bed and having a good cry (partner is having a bad day and when he does I do)
Got myself up now though, made breakfast and going to have a good cleaning blitz!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’ve decided to start selling my entire life on eBay to help pay for this stupid two week quarantine jaunt I might need to go on. Gives me some focus for a few days at least 🙄

Reactions: 7
No me either 😕 not a huge amount changed for us other than my husband now working from home. I feel like I wish I used the time more productively. I’m glad that our family and friends have stayed safe but overall I think my mental health has been a bit worse at times and as much as I want life to return to a better normal I think I might struggle a bit, I feel like I’ve become a bit more socially awkward and uncomfortable around people and I get really anxious about going out now most of the time, not because of the virus but because I’ve been so cocooned at home and just feel safe here from everything 😬 feel like I will be hibernating until next Spring, occasionally coming out for food perhaps!

Reactions: 5
I can’t really think of many positives either apart from the fact that we are all healthy which is of course a big one.

Apart from that this year has done a right number on my mental health. Currently crying at the thought of another lockdown.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve decided to start selling my entire life on eBay to help pay for this stupid two week quarantine jaunt I might need to go on. Gives me some focus for a few days at least 🙄
you should just make him go to you 😂

Reactions: 3
I can’t really think of many positives either apart from the fact that we are all healthy which is of course a big one.

Apart from that this year has done a right number on my mental health. Currently crying at the thought of another lockdown.
Sorry I “liked” this but I don’t actually like it... I wish there was a “care” reaction like there was on Facebook. Basically I’m sorry you’re feeling so tit, I feel tit too but at least it looks like there’s a few of us in this position so we’re not alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.