Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like reading people’s positives. Keep them coming.
Mine -

I have a nice home which I feel safe in and enjoy spending time in

I have a brilliant husband

My husband and I have secure jobs with a reliable income

I have a great family who are all healthy

I’m 18 weeks pregnant and I *think* I’m starting to feel the baby moving in last day or two 🥰 (second pregnancy but didn’t get this far last time so not sure what it feels like and if it’s just gas! 😂)

I have a supportive employer who had enabled me to make changes to my working pattern to keep my baby safe

I have a solid group of friends I can rely on

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Mine -

I’m 18 weeks pregnant and I *think* I’m starting to feel the baby moving in last day or two 🥰 (second pregnancy but didn’t get this far last time so not sure what it feels like and if it’s just gas! 😂)

I have a supportive employer who had enabled me to make changes to my working pattern to keep my baby safe

What a fantastic positive post. When is baby Tui due 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mine -

It felt like popping bubbles at first for me both times 😻 I loved feeling my babies wriggle around, one of the best feelings in the world ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think people have forgotten as well that social distancing also means not passing things between you/touching each others stuff - seen a lot of passing phones and other items back and forward between people whilst ive been out
It’s hard though isn’t it? We’re all so used to these every day interactions that we don’t think twice about. Even when you stay distanced it’s easy to forget that you’re not supposed to hand your phone over for someone else to use.

Makes me wonder about gift giving over Christmas. If we’re technically not supposed to pass objects between each other then what are we meant to do? Quarantine our presents?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My positives

- I have a house with a garden and I really appreciated having somewhere safe for my family.

- I have had to slow right down and I'm really enjoying that.

- I had a breakdown in March which was a long time coming. It's made me realise how amazing my friends are, how amazing my work colleagues are and has meant I've had to put boundaries in place which has benefited me. It's also shown me that it would be OK if I left my job and I wouldn't be letting anyone down.

- Part of my recovery included me having to force myself outside. I'm not a big walker but since late May I have completed nearly 500 miles.

- the last two things culminated in me losing a stone and that's made my confidence grow loads. I've recently joined a gym, something I never have done before and I'm weirdly enjoying it.

- I've gotten really close to my husband again and have loved spending times with my kids.

- I've posted loads more on Tattle and "met" some amazing people on here. Big shout out to my Downing Street honeys who've had me laughing until my sides hurt through out this crappy pandemic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It’s hard though isn’t it? We’re all so used to these every day interactions that we don’t think twice about. Even when you stay distanced it’s easy to forget that you’re not supposed to hand your phone over for someone else to use.

Makes me wonder about gift giving over Christmas. If we’re technically not supposed to pass objects between each other then what are we meant to do? Quarantine our presents?😂
Oh 100% its so hard.

I was thinking that the other day about presents i suppose if you wash your hands before wrapping, before gifting, after receiving then it would be okay?! but honestly its so hard to think about all these things haha - and cards because if people lick them shut how long do you wait to open them?!

Reactions: 4
- Lockdown meant that my tight-fisted husband capitulated on my demands for a chest freezer (ongoing since about 2009).
This has me 50 shades of pissing myself

See everyone that’s excited about cookies - go look at ravneeteats on insta. Scroll until you find her cookie recipe - they’re amazing! They have to rest for ages though. So make them the day before maybe? If anyone can’t find the post let me know

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m enjoying reading everyone’s positive stories, so I’ll join in.

I have enjoyed spending more time in our own town with my partner and our kids.

I’m really pleased at how my son and two stepchildren have handled the last few months. One of them has started secondary school this year and has taken it all on her stride.

Working from home means I have been able to adapt my hours meaning I can do every single school run rather than relying on wrap around child care.

It also means I’ve had to make tough decisions by myself rather than also clarifying with someone else that I’m doing the right thing. It’s given me more self confidence where I used to doubt myself.

I managed to pull myself together after having to postpone our wedding and all the stress that came with that (and chances are we’ll have to postpone again) and I STILL want to marry the guy even after spending months of lockdown together 😂♥

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This was a mask wearing problem I did not consider... whenever I go out for a meal with my husband I take my mask off and it basically has an imprint of my face in makeup on it 😂😬

I also went out for drinks and may have had twenty a few sneaky cigarettes. Did not take into account that I was wearing my mask in and out to go for each one, it ended up smelling like an ashtray 🤢 good incentive not to smoke though 😂
I’m a nurse haven’t worn makeup since March 😂 I’m currently away (UK) and haven’t even brought it with me

edited to add - have been paying more attention to cleansing & moisturising and my skin has never been better

Reactions: 8
Loving all these positive stories!

I also started baking again during lockdown, got the perfect cookies like prinnygrace, tried lemon drizzle a few times but dont think my cake making is a good as my cookies 😂
Thankfully my family has not been directly affected by covid (other than partners MHI starting again)
I've also really learnt not to take for granted any time spent with family❤ and to appreciate every second with them xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Loving all these positive stories!

I also started baking again during lockdown, got the perfect cookies like prinnygrace, tried lemon drizzle a few times but dont think my cake making is a good as my cookies 😂
Thankfully my family has not been directly affected by covid (other than partners MHI starting again)
I've also really learnt not to take for granted any time spent with family❤ and to appreciate every second with them xx
Asda do a great lemon & lime drizzle cake recipe😜 My dad picked up one of those magazines that supermarkets do years ago and it had it in there. We still have the magazine now and it’s absolutely grim it’s covered in so many ingredients but it’s a good cake😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Positives:
I have a great husband who annoys the hell out of me but somehow we still don’t argue 😂

I’ve realised how it doesn’t really matter where I see my friends/family- whether we go out somewhere nice or just spent time in someone’s house- just as long as we spend time together

I have a secure job and my boss is so supportive

at the end of last year/beginning of this year, my anxiety was the worst it has ever been, I was depressed and suicidal. Whilst I now have days where I wonder what the point of carrying on is, on the whole I feel OK and I have learnt that I am more resilient than I ever thought I could be.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
no statistics because none were collected... I want to reply to you in a polite way, but yoour attitutude is insane. I feel bad you for boyfriend situation but I am leaving this thread as people like you are dirivng me mad. good luck, but your attiutide it literally making seeing your bf again soon unlikeliy and you have noone but yourself to blame tbh.
ok but I’m not sure what you’re talking about if I’m honest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I see these morons still think 5G is dangerous and linked to covid.

Reactions: 2
I see these morons still think 5G is dangerous and linked to covid.

Piers Corbyn with the loud speaker, surely this is not covid secure where are the police ? they'd never get away with that here.

Loving the positive stories too, in the midst of the tit show here are my ‘highlights’

- I am grateful that all of my family, friends and loved ones are still here, I know that’s not the same for everyone.
- We both still have our jobs
- My house has never been tidier 🤣 or wardrobes more organised.
- I do not need to buy so much ‘stuff’
- I don’t need my nails done every few weeks, roots done every four weeks and my waxing routinely booked, I can wait or just DIY.
- I found tattle. I don’t ’do’ Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or even really give out my mobile number to people, so I’ve surprised myself that I have enjoyed a message board the way I have. In this virtual life you can tell there’s some absolutely lovely people with funny/filthy (you know who you are)/forthright views but I’ve enjoyed reading the vast majority!

Not everything has been hearts and flowers, my youngest daughter really struggled in the early days of lockdown and it was heartbreaking to see in someone so young. My teen has been resilient, self assured, hard working and forever untidy!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What a fantastic positive post. When is baby Tui due 😀
Next March 🤞🏻

It felt like popping bubbles at first for me both times 😻 I loved feeling my babies wriggle around, one of the best feelings in the world ❤
When it happens it feels like there’s something inside that’s rolled or flipped? It feels unusual as it feels too low down and central to be gas... I’m hoping it is the baby as it will be massively reassuring to be able to feel the baby move now!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don't you just appreciate your family, friends and health more than ever before.

Don't you just crave for the freedom we used to have. To be able to travel wherever we want, to be able to see our family and friends whenever and wherever we wish.

Don't you just want to bin those freaking masks and see people's beautiful faces again.

Don't you just want to step outside your door and not feel nervous about where you're going, what you might touch or who might criticise your every move.

Don't you just want your freedom back.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And in other news, just found this on the Daily Mail but I found the YouTube Video of a woman headbutting someone who wasn't wearing a mask.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
My positives

All the walking and exercise I did in lockdown. I’m now just short of being able run 10k, and found some amazing walks near my home that I didn’t know existed.

Getting to know my wonderful neighbours, who I always got on with, but didn’t realise how great they are and we‘ve formed a very close bond with them over the last few months.

Ive realised that my hair and eyebrows will be fine if I leave them for a few weeks longer than usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.