Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when the new rules come in for mandatory masks for retail and hospitality please?

Reactions: 1
This is why it’s so confusing. It says she can’t meet anyone outside or indoors but she can go meet her friends at the cinema? It says avoid public transport but she would get the train and go to Chester fine. I’m so confused and because she’s told my son she can meet her friends out then I’m lying saying he can’t meet her in Chester. I’m so confused and being called a liar by them both 😢

Thank you so much.

It’s extremely triggering for me, and that’s why my panic and anxiety has resurfaced after many years doing well. I had therapy after what happened with my ex family and it helped.

He’s not being physically violent but nor was my father to me, he was verbally aggressive and both he and my mum were emotionally damaging. My son is behaving in a similar way. He will punch a desk or walk in temper if we say no you can’t go to her house or not in multiple friends houses, only outdoors, but he never would hurt us physically. Which doesn’t make it any more acceptable of course. He’s so hot headed and won’t listen if we talk calm, he gets aggressive and reacts quick with shouting and pulling aggressive faces. I have to walk away and my husband tries to get him to talk, not react but now my husband walks away too.

My GP wouldn’t do a thing, he would probably offer me anti depressants 😂 That’s all they do sadly. I had to go private after I was assaulted as the nhs were snowed under for therapy. I just hope in time my son realises what he’s doing but if we’ve got this until a vaccine I don’t know what I’ll do, it’s so damaging and I’m on egg shells in my own home. We’re a good family, very kind and loving to eachother. He’s always been the fiery one at times but never abusive like this. Which of course he says I’m wrong for saying as it’s not abuse. 🙄

Thank you 💜
I don’t know where in the world you are, but these links might help you xx

P
So Dominic Raab has been all over the media this morning with appearances on Radio 4 and in the Sky News studio with Burley.

However he was in the US last week (Wednesday I think) talking about Brexit/Ireland.

As far as I know there is no "travel corridor" between the UK and US so according to the rules he should be self isolating right now?

Has he done a Cummings and thinks being a government minister means the rules don't apply to him? Where is this stated? And if he has got some special exemption to the rules, who else has? Where does it stop?

Really need SIR (he often seems to forget this) Keir Starmer or Angela Crayons, or anybody else really, to start calling this tit out and start questioning this sort of thing?
Perhaps it's considered essential travel? And maybe he went in a private jet, that one Johnson spent a mill on redecorating...maybe they also considered the meetings "Covid secure"...I don't know. Unclear why it couldn't have been done on Zoom/Teams though!!!

(I'm not standing up for them, by the way...!)

Does anyone know when the new rules come in for mandatory masks for retail and hospitality please?
Is it not straight away ? the rules for pubs apply from Thursday but don't think there was a date given for masks ?

Bringing fines for those who don't wear masks - i hope that extends to the many people who wear masks but don't pull them up over their nose!! Because that's really not really wearing a mask!!
I had an older gentleman in my store yesterday wearing TWO surgical masks, but worn under his nose. 🙄 I shot him a look when he came to till and he pulled it up.

What's wrong with people? 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I’m a single mum with 4 kids and I will still see my parents twice a week, being penalised because I have a large family it’s ludicrous and pushed me to the edges of despair last time for what? I’ve not seen a single person test positive let alone die. My boyfriend still stayed 3 nights a week as usual throughout the last lockdown, to no ill effect. I’m afraid most of the country has gotten wise to the fact this doesn’t impose a risk to them, me included. We are supposed to lock ourselves down for the sake of less than 1%. It’s madness anyone is still even complying. There’s more scaremongering here than the daily fail - I feel sorry for anyone still feeling anxious over something that poses less risk than getting struck and killed by lightening. I won’t follow any rules and I can guarantee by next summer me and my family will still be here alive and unaffected and I won’t have a fine to pay.
Ah well as long as you’re ok that’s great.

Lockdown has been hard on everyone. Everyone. Some more than others. I would never judge someone for seeing their family when their mental health is on the edge. But I’m sorry your attitude is selfish. Unless you don’t believe that covid exists I can’t understand why you would be so defiant to what is being asked of you. If you want to see your parents that’s understandable but to say you won’t follow any of the rules I think is just such a bad attitude. Does this apply to all of them? Masks? Increased hand washing? Social distancing?

People with your attitude fail to realise that Boris won’t just turn around and go oh alright then sod it. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. The government may not have done the best job but the fact is the virus is here and saying I won’t follow any of the rules makes you sound like a child. It is that careless attitude that will drive up the number of cases leading to more hospitalisations and more deaths. The NHS then faces being overwhelmed and other non covid cases put to the back of the queue again. This in turn will lead to the government feeling they have no choice but to impose a harder lockdown. Then people will lose their businesses and their jobs. I don’t believe that will be Boris’s fault this time as he is asking us to find the balance to try and save them. I know it’s not how any of us want to live, I don’t and my mental health has suffered as a result too. I worry about job loss. But the only way I can see forward is to follow the rules because the increase in cases and deaths will only make the government clamp down harder and that will be worse for all of us. This is hopefully a short period of our lives, maybe we will be through this by next year, I sincerely hope so. I’m not saying any of this is nice but unlike March we can still shop, dine out, see friends and family. Yes there are restrictions on it but there’s also a pandemic that’s just life. Really getting concerned that the poor attitude you share with others will be the downfall of so many.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Thank you so much.

Sadly my family would welcome him. My sister has kept trying to contact him since he turned 18, telling him he doesn’t need to do as we say anymore and he can come and see family. She believes I turned my children against them, not their violent actions that kept us all away from them. So sadly they would love to have him at my mums. They all live in eachothers pockets and never isolated during lockdown putting my mum and step father at risk, he’s diabetic. I would feel sick if he went to them, but I agree he needs to learn respect as he’s behaving so much like them in the last 2 months which has been so hard on me to witness. I escaped their damaging ways and it’s now so awful to be living in my own homes anxious just seeing my son. I’m on egg shells.Yesterday I just said Boris was doing an announcement and he snapped at me ‘I don’t want to hear anything, there’s no need to even tell me that’ really aggressively.

I’m insisting he starts paying keep as of this week when he’s paid. He’s on furlough and not short of money: I’m not doing him any favours anymore and if he says his usual I’m not paying to live here with restrictions then I’ll turn his Wi-fi off in his room, he can shop for his own food and toiletries. Last night was the final straw. He went at me on my birthday last week. 10pm at night he approached me and asked if he could have his girlfriend to the house, I explained we weren’t having people in the house. She’s from Liverpool a riskier area. He went at me arguing and aggressive tone. My 16 year old flew up the stairs to protect me, he’s such a lovely son. He said to his brother ‘you can’t even see what you’re doing to your mum, leave her alone. It’s her birthday fgs’. My eldest was saying it was me who started the argument and he did nothing, the usual I did nothing card. I don’t even argue, I just calmly say no we aren’t doing that and he blows up. We let him see her just not indoors right now. She goes all over Liverpool for meals, cinema, multiple friends houses... I’m not risking that.

Thank you for your support, it means a lot.

Thank you.

Ive had such a huge relapse with my health since this stress from him the last two months. My mental health has got worse and my anxiety is now debilitating. I’m having panic attack daily. My other son is now suffering anxiety and stress because if his brother and he told me last night if he carries on his brother just move out. It’s making us all ill. My poor husband is working from home, he helps me a lot at home due to my health and he’s dealing with our eldest to try and avoid me getting stressed. I’m worried for my husband t be honest as he’s suffering from stress too aswell as a bad knee and back from overdoing things. My son is so selfish. I was back doing the housework and getting to a better place with my health after suffering severe CFS/ME 2years ago, and now I’m back unwell. He has such a lovely caring side but recently we’ve seen this awful side that’s sadly very much like my extended toxic family and it’s hard to see.
Hi there, I've been reading your posts and I feel really frustrated for you. I don't have children myself, but I can relate to what you are going through.
It may sound like a stupid question, given that Liverpool is under lockdown at the moment, but maybe your son should consider moving in with his girlfriend at some point? He sounds like he needs a reality check, living with somone and being responsible for his own welfare, may be just the thing he needs. I hope things improve for you.

Reactions: 5
He won’t be happy unless we say yeh go out, go where you want, multiple households, friends cars, cinemas, restaurants, holidays ... the lot.
Seems the Welsh first minister is asking people not to travel unless it's essential ,he was interviewed earlier .

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.