Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or just be very British don’t mention the word Covid just use the phrase “everything that’s going in at the moment”

E.g I’m sorry I’ve not been able to visit you for a while what with everything going on at the moment.
😂
I’m guilty of this one 😂🙋‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My kids who are both under 5 have a snotty nose, cough maybe two or three times a day and are all croaky. I’ve got a cold now too - sore throat, sneezing. The weather was boiling this week, had air con on constantly at work, now the temperatures dropped. We’ve got a summer cold!

Paranoid, media warped me - we’ve all got Covid 19!!

Honestly, someone asked me how the kids were today and I’m afraid to say they’ve had a bit of a cough, that I have a sore throat and we all generally feel a bit off. Dread to think what’s going to happen when they go to school!

I swear I start every single email at work with “I hope that you’re keeping well in these strange times” 😂
Me too! The pandemic is a good excuse to be late with all our orders though 🤣 feel like people can’t really question me!

Reactions: 4
My kids who are both under 5 have a snotty nose, cough maybe two or three times a day and are all croaky. I’ve got a cold now too - sore throat, sneezing. The weather was boiling this week, had air con on constantly at work, now the temperatures dropped. We’ve got a summer cold!

Honestly, someone asked me how the kids were today and I’m afraid to say they’ve had a bit of a cough, that I have a sore throat and we all generally feel a bit off. Dread to think what’s going to happen when they go to school!

Me too! The pandemic is a good excuse to be late with all our orders though 🤣 feel like people can’t really question me!
I completely get this - my hay fever has been the worst it’s ever been this year but I’ve had to try and hide it in public etc for fear that I’ll get ostracised! I had to queue outside Asda next to a massive display of plants and it was torture!

Same here! My daughter got a cold from nursery, passed it to me, then got another just as she got over the first and now my husband's caught it. Luckily no temperature but we've been even more paranoid and checking regularly just in case.

anyone risked the hairdressers and how was it? I really need a makeover but would like to know what to expect etc to put my mind at rest
I'm a hairdresser... Masks are mandatory for all clients and it became mandatory last Saturday for all hairdressers to wear a mask and visor, we had been doing all this since re-opening anyway. We ask clients to fill in a little health questionnaire and leave contact details incase they are needed for track and trace. We are using disposable gowns now, no magazines in the salon and we can't make drinks but clients can bring their own bottle of drink in with them. Everything is completely sanatized between clients. It's lovely to be back working things felt strange at first but all our new way of working is feeling quite normal now. All our clients have been wonderful, and said they felt safe and relaxed. Hope this has helped, enjoy your salon visit 😀

I'm a hairdresser... Masks are mandatory for all clients and it became mandatory last Saturday for all hairdressers to wear a mask and visor, we had been doing all this since re-opening anyway. We ask clients to fill in a little health questionnaire and leave contact details incase they are needed for track and trace. We are using disposable gowns now, no magazines in the salon and we can't make drinks but clients can bring their own bottle of drink in with them. Everything is completely sanatized between clients. It's lovely to be back working things felt strange at first but all our new way of working is feeling quite normal now. All our clients have been wonderful, and said they felt safe and relaxed. Hope this has helped, enjoy your salon visit 😀
Is there a limit on how many people per family or is it dependant on the salon? Nearest says 1 child per adult and another saying I'd have to wait outside while 7 and 9 year old go in on their own. Mine needs doing too but think I'll have to wait until they are at school. X

Is there a limit on how many people per family or is it dependant on the salon? Nearest says 1 child per adult and another saying I'd have to wait outside while 7 and 9 year old go in on their own. Mine needs doing too but think I'll have to wait until they are at school. X
[/QUOTE I think this would depend on the salon and the space they have available for social distancing while people are waiting.

Reactions: 1
Getting the ‘common cold’ this Autumn is what I fear the most. I‘m a teacher and every year, never fails, I get sick in October/November. I‘ve actually never had to miss work for it as it’s not a ‘can’t get out of bed’ sick but I cough, have a runny nose and most typically lose my voice. I dope up on lemsip, chug water whenever I feel a coughing fit coming, keep the tissues at hand and tell the children that if I have to raise my voice there will be hell to pay.

Honestly, a non event, but this year - will I panic? Will I have to be off? Who will replace me? Quarantine for 14 days, wait for a negative test etc...’miss do you have corona?‘ OR maybe, if they do manage the bubbles, keep up SD and ventilate the classrooms (biggest problem for schools and the virus will be ventilation. Schools are notoriously smelly and stuffy), maybe I won’t even get that snotty October nose. I have not been ill since March - first time in eight years. That’s the only pro with regards to the virus.

Reactions: 5
At this point I’m not even worried about the actual virus. I still only know 2 people that’s had it. Lockdown hasn’t financially affected me personally as I’ve worked throughout. But I’m worried about the long term effects on people - physically, mentally and financially.

My dad is now the only person on furlough at his work because he refused to leave the house until there was a vaccine. He’s slowly starting to come round to leaving for a walk etc but he point blank refuses to go back to work. What will happen then? They can’t keep putting him on furlough. He’s already had loads of time off sick so I fear that redundancy will be coming for him. He still doesn’t know of a single person that has tested positive. All he stalked about since February is the virus and how many people have died, I fear he won’t let us go near him for a very long time.

My stepdad is self employed and his biggest customer is the NHS - the practices that he works for have been closed or have massively reduced their operations so he has no work coming in. What will he do?

Imagine all the people sinking into depression and feeling suicidal, the people with cancer that hasn’t been caught because they’ve been turned away from appointments, the people experiencing complications from other illnesses. People with anxiety shutting themselves away from the world because going out in public with all these restrictions is too frightening, how will they cope when we go back to normal?

There will be no community spirit, in the shops people jump out of the way to avoid each other. I hate wearing a mask because you can’t figure out each other’s facial expressions, it’s very dehumanising and I hope that masks aren’t here to stay when it’s all over.

I just feel incredibly sad for what the world has become. The amount of people out of work, the amount of suicides, the amount of illnesses getting worse because of this whole situation. The effects will be felt for years and years.
As I've said on a previous thread, my grandson who has learning disabilities was made redundant from his job as an aircraft groomer. He has no chance of getting another job he could do. For people who say if he can do that job, he can do another job, he can't. In that job he got picked up from home, when at the airport he was told what he had to do that night and then he was brought back home in the morning. He has holed himself up in his bedroom and keeps telling me there's no point in him going out. He's gets very angry outbursts. I don't know how to help him as trying to see a mental health team is impossible in this area. I definitely want normal back. I want him back to his old happy self. Three years of work really gave him so much confidence, now that's gone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Getting the ‘common cold’ this Autumn is what I fear the most. I‘m a teacher and every year, never fails, I get sick in October/November. I‘ve actually never had to miss work for it as it’s not a ‘can’t get out of bed’ sick but I cough, have a runny nose and most typically lose my voice. I dope up on lemsip, chug water whenever I feel a coughing fit coming, keep the tissues at hand and tell the children that if I have to raise my voice there will be hell to pay.

Honestly, a non event, but this year - will I panic? Will I have to be off? Who will replace me? Quarantine for 14 days, wait for a negative test etc...’miss do you have corona?‘ OR maybe, if they do manage the bubbles, keep up SD and ventilate the classrooms (biggest problem for schools and the virus will be ventilation. Schools are notoriously smelly and stuffy), maybe I won’t even get that snotty October nose. I have not been ill since March - first time in eight years. That’s the only pro with regards to the virus.
I think cold/flu season will cause a lot of industries and families real problems and a huge pressure on the NHS. I do hope that hand washing and distancing will go some way towards curbing the standard winter bugs...
I have the same fear, my asthma attacks will mean I cough and sats will drop. Because I’m shielded I have to contact 111 at the first sign of symptoms and they overlap...I know my health condition well but I am worried I’ll end up admitted to hospital “query Covid”.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.