Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coronavirus now declared a pandemic:

World Health Organization (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has confirmed that the coronavirus outbreak is now a pandemic after choosing not to use that description for several weeks.

A pandemic is when an infectious disease spreads easily from person to person in many parts of the world.

He said: "WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we're deeply concerned, both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction. We have therefore made the assessment that Covid-19 can be characterised as a pandemic."

But he added:

"Describing the situation as a pandemic does not change WHO's assessment of the threat posed by this coronavirus. It doesn't change what WHO is doing, and it doesn't change what countries should do.

"We have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action. We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The advice is always put yourself first...think about when you're on a plane. They tell you to put your own mask on before anyone else's
Even in first aid that's the first thing we were taught. My favourite quote is:

"You don't have to set yourself on fire to keep other's warm."

Re the man commenting on your shop. You should have told him you had 22 children. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am not stocking up so much for ourselves but I’m going to get some bits and pieces in that I could drop off for my grandparents if they need it. I really would rather them not be out and about.

Reactions: 10
Some old man started coughing on the train, I moved. Then when I changed trains, some guy came and sat next to me and started coughing everywhere... where can I get a mask 😷

I have *seriously* important (life changing) exams in the next few days that can’t be rescheduled and I have no choice but to use public transport to get there, I refuse to believe all these idiots coughing their guts out *need* to be out 🤬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Is that 18 or 19 countries that have now closed all schools, uni and mass gatherings?

Meanwhile over at Cheltenham 😬
cheltenham.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
What changes do we think the government should be implementing?

I’m waiting for a call back from 111 as I’ve got worse

• Sad
Reactions: 16
B&Q, wicks, screwfit, homebase if they still have stock in. FPP1, 2 and 3.

Surgical maybe on ebay or amazon. There is the shop medisave which had a box of 50 but everything is pretty much sold out.

For the sake of transparency :)

#AD#gifted#pressdiscount

Is that 18 or 19 countries that have now closed all schools, uni and mass gatherings?

Meanwhile over at Cheltenham 😬
View attachment 94235
And to think all you need is just one person....

Reactions: 6
Seems like i'm the weird one, but I don't need 50 loo rolls, 90 packa of pasta etc. It's selfish in my opinion.

Reactions: 38
Seems like i'm the weird one, but I don't need 50 loo rolls, 90 packa of pasta etc. It's selfish in my opinion.
I live alone so don't have have 50 loo rolls but 6 of the recycled ones and 90 bags of pasta wouldn't go far if you had a large family of 9+ kids or extended family living with you.

Without wanting to alarm, have a look at this thread on twitter. Seems to be very difficult to get a test:

They sound so incompetent. Maybe it's just to keep the numbers lower. Less testing = less positives.

She should tell them she's an MP or bojo test granted within an hour ,I bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I done my regular online shop and the delivery driver commented on how much I had. This is my usual monthly shop 😂 "oh it's just you bought dettol etc" yeah because I clean with the anyways 😂

Reactions: 13
"We have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action. We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear."

Maybe I'm just not up to speed with appropriate response but I don't feel like the UK is taking enough action when I look at other countries moves.

I have done some reading about needing to flatten the curve and so on and bookmarked Joe Rogan for later so thanks to everyone on the last thread who shared that.

Reactions: 16
Someone in my family has come down with the symptoms quite suddenly (cough, fever, shortness of breath). They've had contact through work with people who came back from Italy before they went into self isolation (no idea they didn't isolate immediately after return). She phoned 111, half an hour wait so phoned the 0800 coronavirus helpline and got told to treat it like any other viral infection and forget about coronavirus.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
I done my regular online shop and the delivery driver commented on how much I had. This is my usual monthly shop 😂 "oh it's just you bought dettol etc" yeah because I clean with the anyways 😂
Since when has it been okay to comment on what people are buying? I’d tell him to mind his business 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Most likely already posted on the previous thread.

apparently queues in Tesco this morning were 5 trolleys deep. Went in on my way home and the shelves are cleared.
scary stuff.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.