Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This test and trace is a tit storm waiting to happen. In my health board there is a department with 20 member of staff all isolating because one of them tested positive. How can they have all been in such close prolonged contact?! I’m so on edge about going into my office now! I’d understand if after the person tested positive they offered you a test after a few days but they’re not - it’s 14 days home arrest with no exceptions! Sorry but that’s just the biggest load of crap - it’s going to bring the country to a standstill.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
This test and trace is a tit storm waiting to happen. In my health board there is a department with 20 member of staff all isolating because one of them tested positive. How can they have all been in such close prolonged contact?! I’m so on edge about going into my office now! I’d understand if after the person tested positive they offered you a test after a few days but they’re not - it’s 14 days home arrest with no exceptions! Sorry but that’s just the biggest load of crap - it’s going to bring the country to a standstill.
What happens if you drop your phone or leave it somewhere, anyone who was near it will have to isolate who may not have been near you and visa versa.

Also while my kids haven’t gone back, I understand from other parents if any of the kids in the bubble have symptoms everyone has to isolate including the parents. So parents will have to take time off work until it’s been confirmed.

New Zealand have coped well with this and have lifted all restrictions, I wish that could happen here. Stay locked down and then lift everything. I don’t want to live my life in fear and having to avoid people.

Reactions: 3
What happens if you drop your phone or leave it somewhere, anyone who was near it will have to isolate who may not have been near you and visa versa.

Also while my kids haven’t gone back, I understand from other parents if any of the kids in the bubble have symptoms everyone has to isolate including the parents. So parents will have to take time off work until it’s been confirmed.

New Zealand have coped well with this and have lifted all restrictions, I wish that could happen here. Stay locked down and then lift everything. I don’t want to live my life in fear and having to avoid people.
I don’t think it’s related to the app yet, it’s just word of mouth. So I’m guessing they were asked “who do you share an office with” and gave names of their colleagues etc.

New Zealand shut their borders and locked down right away and have no plans to open them back up. They have completely eradicated it, but will now have to keep their borders shut until a vaccine/treatment which would never ever happen here. Plus they have a population of 5 mil spread out across the whole country.

It does show you though that the U.K. could have handled this much much better by taking a few other steps like closing borders and shutting down quicker

Reactions: 5
I saw my boyfriend at the weekend (socially distanced) got soaking wet in torrential rain and it was so nice but also incredibly weird at the same time! Hoping if the weather picks up we can see each other a bit more but all i want is to stay overrrrrrr!!!!!!!

• Heart
Do we have any idea when we are allowed to meet up with people in the house? I don’t even know what stage of lockdown we are in anymore but now the weather has turned rubbish how nice would it be to be allowed to have a couple of people in your house?

I saw my boyfriend at the weekend (socially distanced) got soaking wet in torrential rain and it was so nice but also incredibly weird at the same time! Hoping if the weather picks up we can see each other a bit more but all i want is to stay overrrrrrr!!!!!!!
I still think couples who don’t live together have been majorly forgotten. Hopefully we’ll be allowed to stay over soon! I’m glad you had a lovely time together!

Reactions: 4
Do we have any idea when we are allowed to meet up with people in the house? I don’t even know what stage of lockdown we are in anymore but now the weather has turned rubbish how nice would it be to be allowed to have a couple of people in your house?
In Scotland if we go into phase 2 next week we can see others indoors which will make a huge difference to everyone’s mental health and a turning point in seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, well for me anyways

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My dad, who I went to see yesterday, works in a supermarket. Hes just found out someone at work has it 😩
I think they should be mass testing in shops, just like they are with football.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
In Scotland if we go into phase 2 next week we can see others indoors which will make a huge difference to everyone’s mental health and a turning point in seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, well for me anyways
I think we're a long way from that in England. I don't think it's even been mentioned 😭

Reactions: 2
I hope that’s the case for you that would be better! I’ve got a few family members in Scotland. We are just left to guess in England I think 🤣

Reactions: 1
I think we're a long way from that in England. I don't think it's even been mentioned 😭
They are talking about fast tracking opening hospitality and beauty so I think they will announce meeting in homes soon. They can't open retail and pubs but still not "allow" meetings indoors, it doesn't make sense. I think they will announce it in the next few days to be honest.

Reactions: 6
They are talking about fast tracking opening hospitality and beauty so I think they will announce meeting in homes soon. They can't open retail and pubs but still not "allow" meetings indoors, it doesn't make sense. I think they will announce it in the next few days to be honest.
i hope so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

My friend is a hairdresser and has her own salon. She's been told 4th July at the very earliest

Reactions: 2
I really hope so. Selfishly it's my daughters first birthday next month and it would be so lovely to celebrate with the grandparents inside if it's raining

The whole family do not have to isolate if a child in the class gets symptoms unless they test positive. I emailed my school because my child is off because of a child having symptoms.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.