Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Would you sent your child to school/child care from June 1st?

• Yes, I would send them assuming guidelines are put in place.

Votes: 136 29.4%
  • No, I’m keeping my kids home regardless.

Votes: 253 54.6%
  • I haven’t decided either way.

Votes: 74 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 1
Re: kids going to school.

I’ll assess it in September but I’m hoping we’ll be in a position for school to start.

But if not then my child will be staying home.

🤷🏼‍♀️
FDCBD70B-A40F-4FC4-8120-D75743AF14CC.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yep the more I’m hearing about things my gut says to keep my son off until sept. I’d never forgive myself if something happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Re: kids going to school.

I’ll assess it in September but I’m hoping we’ll be in a position for school to start.

But if not then my child will be staying home.

🤷🏼‍♀️
View attachment 128746
Absolutely. My family think I’m mad to not want to send my kids to school yet. “What will be different in September?” They ask. I’ve no fecking idea, but I hope things will be clearer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Absolutely. My family think I’m mad to not want to send my kids to school yet. “What will be different in September?” They ask. I’ve no fecking idea, but I hope things will be clearer.
Yeah, I don’t know what will make me feel safe enough to take her to school, but as it is right now, I don’t feel it.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, I don’t know what will make me feel safe enough to take her to school, but as it is right now, I don’t feel it.
Indeed. In a world where we can’t control anything at the moment, I can do my best as a parent to protect my kids, so for that reason they’re staying home with me for the foreseeable. No one has a crystal ball, so we will cross September’s bridge when we get to it in august.

Reactions: 11
Anyone planning a trip out tomorrow?
We live 25 mins from the beach and I have missed it so much. However the big carparks are closed here and the public loos too so even if we drive for a short walk you know one of my kids will need a wee!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
was anyone watching the Life and Birth programme on BBc1?
At the end there was a picture of one of the neonatal consultants who appeared in tonights episode with dates..he died in April of Covid.
He was only 48. its really upset me. he probably helped save so many childrens lives and brought joy to so many families .it just seems so wrong that so many healthcare workers are losing their lives (every life lost to this vile virus is wrong) when they do everything they can to save others 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I'm off to the beach after I've been round the garden centre and had my picnic in the park😊
STAY OUT OF THE WATER🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
97321469_10156930408961433_6640022025186312192_n.jpg

was anyone watching the Life and Birth programme on BBc1?
At the end there was a picture of one of the neonatal consultants who appeared in tonights episode with dates..he died in April of Covid.
He was only 48. its really upset me. he probably helped save so many childrens lives and brought joy to so many families .it just seems so wrong that so many healthcare workers are losing their lives (every life lost to this vile virus is wrong) when they do everything they can to save others 😕
I was watching it very sad :(

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Felt very sad tonight when a musician on my Facebook said she doesn't think theatres and concert venues will ever reopen. I know it's going to be a long haul but surely social distancing won't last forever. I hate to think my daughters won't experience live concerts, theatre, even nightclubs.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Felt very sad tonight when a musician on my Facebook said she doesn't think theatres and concert venues will ever reopen. I know it's going to be a long haul but surely social distancing won't last forever. I hate to think my daughters won't experience live concerts, theatre, even nightclubs.
As someone in the theatre industry - all I know is it's likely to be 2021 that things will begin to start properly again, obviously depending on how everything goes up until then. Jobs and productions are being moved to then at the moment.

Reactions: 7
We live 25 mins from the beach and I have missed it so much. However the big carparks are closed here and the public loos too so even if we drive for a short walk you know one of my kids will need a wee!
We're 20mins from the beach and I am so freaking tempted. But it's the public loo situation putting me off, not cos of my daughter but I'll be the one who ends up needing it. My pelvic floor is pathetic 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Think it'll be the same for gyms and travel industry :(

Reactions: 2
On my walk today I saw a deflated helium balloon caught up in a road sign. It has a note attached to it “rip grandad. Our nhs hero” heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 32
This makes me sad. We go to gigs a lot. Our next one has been moved to August but it’s at the MEN and I can’t see it happening obviously. But I do wonder when things will happen again like this?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.