Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Would you risk it and visit/meet up with a friend/family over the bank holiday?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Yes, but only outdoors with social distancing!

Votes: 109 16.9%
  • I probably would but I’d tell nobody.

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 494 76.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Reactions: 3
PP that gyms bot open till October according to daily fail...
Get in, that's where I work 🙈
If schools open in Septemeber I'll have a month of chillin out before I go back. Hopefully MIL will be making up for lost time and have the baby for abit 😂😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
We don't social distance at work at the moment, it's impossible as the children are between 1 and 4 years. We sit them apart at food times but can't do it during play. We wear masks, gloves and aprons.

Adding more children to that will be chaos as there will be even less distance with the children.

And I cant imagine secondary children walking home alone 2 metres apart.

Obviously someone cleverer than me will work out the social distance at school as ic ant work it out!

Although my 12 year old has decided it would be better if secondary school children went back either mornings or afternoons to meet with their tutor, have some time with their subject teachers then do their school work at home online and thinks this could be the future for Higher education. He began writing it as a plan yesterday and wants to send it to number 10 incase they are stuck 😂😂 I admire his confidence!
I read up about how the schools in Denmark went back. They had a lot of children stay off, through parental choice. Staggered the start and finish of the days by 15 minutes, one parent was allowed to walk the child to within 2 metres of the school door and leave them there. Same with pick up. (This would never work for the younger primary years and nursery settings)
They have shortened the school day so that the children dont fatigue from the social distancing measures.
Tables set out so they are apart and not facing one another. Primary school is also holding lessons in the secondary part as they are all on one campus over there. Lots of outdoor lessons.
All primary children have to take their own equipment (scissors/pens/pencils) to stop the risk of spread through sharing.
Hand cleaning happens 8 times across the day. Everyone has to stay apart. They have adapted sports so they are non contact. No breakfast or after school clubs, staggered dinnertimes across the school and less break times.
But what works for one country and year group won't work for another.
Parents here wouldnt cope with a shorter school day for one, as although school is not childcare, many parents have no choice but to use it as such.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I agree with a poster on the last thread some people will die of poverty due to lack of money not Coronavirus if people don’t get back to work. It’s ok for people furloughed ( and done have taken second jobs so they are quids in ) or who can get universal credit or 10000 grants from their council but that’s not everybody

Reactions: 18
Fantastic news about the surgical gowns from Turkey not meeting British standards. And yet we are happy to ease restrictions. Plus the news about BAME people being more likely to contract and die from covid 19. I'm really worried about those on the front line, it really does feel like they are cannon fodder and that no one cares. Hey but at least they get a clap on a Thursday.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
How will there be big changes come Monday ! if the R outside is still too high will people not just carry the virus inside again, and it will all be in vain ..I don't understand It very confusing..

Reactions: 5
I agree with a poster on the last thread some people will die of poverty due to lack of money not Coronavirus if people don’t get back to work. It’s ok for people furloughed ( and done have taken second jobs so they are quids in ) or who can get universal credit or 10000 grants from their council but that’s not everybody
Exactly. We have no income other than stat maternity pay. We cant get any benefits. My dad has lent us some money but we will have to pay him back ultimately. And even though we are on our arses, I still know people are worse off than us. People have no money to borrow. We’ve also lost a lot of money due to cancelled wedding. It’s ok for people not wanting to go back to work but some don’t realise their companies could go bust and no work to even return to.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Fantastic news about the surgical gowns from Turkey not meeting British standards. And yet we are happy to ease restrictions. Plus the news about BAME people being more likely to contract and die from covid 19. I'm really worried about those on the front line, it really does feel like they are cannon fodder and that no one cares. Hey but at least they get a clap on a Thursday.
Sorry for my ignorance - what does BAME stand for? Can guess based on context but wanted to check

Reactions: 2
I've no idea how I quote from the previous thread, been here for over a year and still don't know 😂 But @monga And @JoeBloggs
Exactly, it's just to test if you currently have it. I'd be surprised if they get an appointment.

That's terrible news 😑 It's alright the government forcing people to work on the front line without adequate PPE sure it's not their live's there risking..Disgusting..

I've no idea how I quote from the previous thread, been here for over a year and still don't know 😂 But @monga And @JoeBloggs
Exactly, it's just to test if you currently have it. I'd be surprised if they get an appointment.
Just quote them in the old thread, then copy and paste it in to the new thread comment box. Hope that makes sense!

Reactions: 5
Exactly. We have no income other than stat maternity pay. We cant get any benefits. My dad has lent us some money but we will have to pay him back ultimately. And even though we are on our arses, I still know people are worse off than us. People have no money to borrow. We’ve also lost a lot of money due to cancelled wedding. It’s ok for people not wanting to go back to work but some don’t realise their companies could go bust and no work to even return to.
I don't think anyone on here has said they don't want to go back to work, just that they want to do so safely and in a way that protects those that are most vulnerable.

I'm sorry you can't get benefits. That's really. Doesn't sound right though given you only get stat mat pay, a family with a baby living on stat mat pay isn't doable. Have you spoken with citizens advice bureau or appealed the decision? I don't know much about UC but hopefully someone on here will know more.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't think anyone said there would be big changes, Boris just said something might start as early as Monday.
I don't see it being much more than going out for more exercise under the same conditions as right now and maybe more of the things that didn't need to close in the first place reopening now they have sorted their health and safety procedures.

Anything else reopening needs more time to know what the restrictions will be, how many people can be in the space, what new rules they need to follow for their staff and sort out new opening times/rotas etc. I can't see anything that is forced to close right now reopening on Monday.

Reactions: 12
That's terrible news 😑 It's alright the government forcing people to work on the front line without adequate PPE sure it's not their live's there risking..Disgusting..
It's heartbreaking. I really fear for the future of the NHS, we will lose years of experience. If the virus doesn't kill people I think the mental health toll will see many leave the NHS. I know people want to be positive and I want to too but there is a real human cost to all of this. No one signs up to care for people expecting to risk their lives. I have friends who haven't seen their children in 7 weeks because they are terrified of passing on the virus. I have freinda who are carers for the most vulnerable who are buying their own ppe to protect both those they care for and themselves. It's totally messed up yet all people seem to get passionate about it that their local macdonalds isn't on the list of those open in. I need to come off Facebook.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Germans have returned to school with a 5ft social distance rule ..

All these different reports from various media outlets is more damaging than anything else. I sobbed this morning when I read that if we were to believe the news then my husband would be back at work on Monday. I've stayed shielded for 8 weeks so it would just undo all the weeks. While I know he needs to go back eventually it just feels way too soon given his line of work and the fact he can't safety work at a 2m distance

Reactions: 9
I'm honestly really worried about this social bubble thing. If only one household can meet one other household its going to cause so much grief

Reactions: 8
The Daily Mail has produced several different articles about how the lockdown will be eased. If the source of information is anywhere other than the government, whether it’s from a newspaper, social media or your friend who apparently knows someone, then it just cannot be taken as fact.

You would think people have realised this by now after a month of fake news doing the rounds on social media but I guess not! I know everyone is desperate to hear what the plan is going forward but spreading misinformation does not help anyone ❤

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.