Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Would you agree with lockdown being relaxed if it was relaxed this week?

• Yes! Open shops and public areas with social distancing rules in place!

Votes: 171 30.3%
  • No! We need to keep it at this level for longer.

Votes: 393 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Start with some light relief!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Start with some light relief!

View attachment 122462
That picture looks like Boris’ baby 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My mum has just received an email from her work stating that if they have symptoms they must get a test. If they don’t then they won’t get any sick pay and will face disciplinary action😬 we had a test centre in the town for 2 days and all the appointments were gone before I even knew it was there. Doesn’t seem very fair!

Also, this morning are currently discussing year 6 children going back as early as 1 June! Followed by year 10 and 12.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I like the polls at the top of these threads. (y) Like Ive said before if they do lift lockdown I wont be going to the shops and queueing for ages like we do at the supermarket.

Reactions: 15
My mum has just received an email from her work stating that if they have symptoms they must get a test. If they don’t then they won’t get any sick pay and will face disciplinary action😬 we had a test centre in the town for 2 days and all the appointments were gone before I even knew it was there. Doesn’t seem very fair!

Also, this morning are currently discussing year 6 children going back as early as 1 June! Followed by year 10 and 12.
I feel like it's all moving too fast. Obviously I want to get back to some sort of normality but only when it's safe

Reactions: 18
My turn to be feeling a little bit down in the dumps. God I’ve tried to be positive but today I’m just going to accept it’s one of those days.

It’s my dads funeral this week, hard to accept only a few people are allowed to attend and not allowed to console and stand with one another. No wake, no get together. Nothing. In all honestly, I don’t want to go and would rather ‘celebrate his life’ as such when we are all able to see one another. I appreciate there are many others experiencing the same when it comes to funerals during this pandemic.

I was also due to have a pelvic scan on 18th March, it got moved to 1st April then cancelled altogether. I was fine initially with this but I’m now starting to panic. I’ve been having tests for the last year (I won’t go into too much detail) but it got to the point that my gp was concerned and arranged for the scan. The last few days my mind has been on overdrive and thinking the worst.

So yeah, today’s pretty tit *opens the gin* it’s 5pm somewhere.

I’ve not really opened the gin, as tempting as it sounds.

• Sad
Reactions: 35

Surely they cant before disciplinary if they are unable to get an appointment.
Another thing is your symptoms are bad, let's say flu like and you cant get out of bed. How do they expect you to drive. I had flu once (well suspect it was flu, it completely wiped me out for 10 days).
I couldnt even get out of bed!
My mum had symptoms a few weeks back. The closest test centre was an hour away. It would have been a 2.5/3 hour trip by the time she was back. I'm guessing as more and more open the appointments will be easier to get.

Reactions: 5
Surely they cant before disciplinary if they are unable to get an appointment.
Another thing is your symptoms are bad, let's say flu like and you cant get out of bed. How do they expect you to drive. I had flu once (well suspect it was flu, it completely wiped me out for 10 days).
I couldnt even get out of bed!
My mum had symptoms a few weeks back. The closest test centre was an hour away. It would have been a 2.5/3 hour trip by the time she was back. I'm guessing as more and more open the appointments will be easier to get.
That’s what I said too! I think our closest currently is Liverpool Airport so around 45 minutes away. Many people wouldn’t be in the position to make that journey, either because they’re ill or can’t drive at all. Disciplinary action seems very harsh when getting tests is known to be quite difficult.

Reactions: 6
My turn to be feeling a little bit down in the dumps. God I’ve tried to be positive but today I’m just going to accept it’s one of those days.

It’s my dads funeral this week, hard to accept only a few people are allowed to attend and not allowed to console and stand with one another. No wake, no get together. Nothing. In all honestly, I don’t want to go and would rather ‘celebrate his life’ as such when we are all able to see one another. I appreciate there are many others experiencing the same when it comes to funerals during this pandemic.

I was also due to have a pelvic scan on 18th March, it got moved to 1st April then cancelled altogether. I was fine initially with this but I’m now starting to panic. I’ve been having tests for the last year (I won’t go into too much detail) but it got to the point that my gp was concerned and arranged for the scan. The last few days my mind has been on overdrive and thinking the worst.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Go to the funeral. Mourn your father. Come home and think and cry a little more. Then once this is all over have a huge party celebrating his life. Everyone can go to his place of rest and hug each other.
with regards to your scan. Don’t worry. You now have your father looking out for you and watching over your every move. He won’t let anything bad happen. Relax and open a gin if you want to 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Everyone makes mistakes but wow...

“The Health Service Executive is investigating an incident at a Regional Hospital where the body of a deceased patient was given to the wrong family”

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Everyone makes mistakes but wow...

“The Health Service Executive is investigating an incident at a Regional Hospital where the body of a deceased patient was given to the wrong family”

I read this last night. Truly shocking stuff. Poor family.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

one day at a time ❤ I’m sorry for the loss of your father and take all the time you need to grieve. Only you can decide if you want to go, but I absolutely understand you wanting to celebrating his life, is there something you can do via video call with immediate family, perhaps have some drinks over zoom and talk about Your fav memories or something to help fill that void?

good luck and good vibes for your scan. As @Phil McCrackin said, I’m sure your dad is watching over you as daft as it sounds take whatever comfort you can find.
You’ve survived all of your hard and bad days up until now. You’ve got this!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My work are looking to extend the furlough scheme to end of June due to a continuing lack of business. I'm on furlough but my mat cover leaves at the end of May so no idea if they will want me back or will extend. If nurseries aren't back then, its going to be really difficult to juggle especially as my husband's work are looking to get them back in the office soon.

Reactions: 3

Seems fair enough to me, as long as you can prove you can’t get an appointment for testing don’t see how you can be disciplined.

There is postal testing as well, but my employer has said we are not to use it and to call occupational health (7 days a week) who will make an appointment for you.

Reactions: 1
Love how the headline is "SCHOOLS WILL" and then the first line of the article is "schools could".
Classic daily fail.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Judging by Boris' speech last week, I do not believe lockdown will be lifted.

I went into my next biggest town today (I live in a village between two) and there is a shopping centre with a boots and B&M etc. I went to the post office and Boots and oh my it was eerie. Like some post apocalyptic place!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This terrifies me.
It's like three weeks away?! Unless we all get antibody tests which are 100% accurate I might feel better. Doubtful it will happen. Thought there might be different strains too.

My work place will be one of the last to open. Until I feel safe I'll be putting extra a/l or taking unpaid leave. I'm very lucky I've got 11 weeks of a/l to last me the rest of the year. Until I'm back at work my kids are staying with me.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.