Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Are you still feeling anxious about everything or is this really the new normal?

• Yes, it’s still making me panic.

Votes: 172 37.1%
  • No I’m just getting on with it.

Votes: 291 62.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Reactions: 3
They are barely hospitals though. Beds with curtains. No sinks, no toilets, and no trained nurses. It's all a bit baffling.
This is it, the new hospitals aren't fully functioning hospitals as we know them. Obviously there are toilets and things but they were fitted out based around the needs of covid patients on ventilators which didn't need very much active care. They were mostly done as an overflow for the most ill patients.

Reactions: 4
Does anybody think they will extend furlough? I was saying last night my boyfriends dad has heart disease will be expected to go back to work after furlough has finished, his only way out would be if they extend furlough again or take unpaid leave
They extended furlough until end of June already, but it was one of my questions submitted to the gov panel a few days ago.

If hospitality businesses can't go back at the end of June, will they extend it for those businesses unable to operate normally? Or will they let them reopen but under such strict social distancing rules that most of us will have to be unpaid as company won't make enough money. My worry is the latter.

Reactions: 2
I think they’re purposefully mentioning how it’s too early to ease lockdown to prepare everyone for another extension :(

Reactions: 4
They extended furlough until end of June already, but it was one of my questions submitted to the gov panel a few days ago.

If hospitality businesses can't go back at the end of June, will they extend it for those businesses unable to operate normally? Or will they let them reopen but under such strict social distancing rules that most of us will have to be unpaid as company won't make enough money. My worry is the latter.
Rishi has already said that he wiil extend furlough until the end of July if he needs to once it ends on the 30th June

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought the next date for review is next Thursday?

If they announce another 3 weeks today to take us up to June, thats a week early so i actually kind of view it as positive. I was expecting another 4 as figured they'd announce a further 3 weeks on the review date next week.

I thought the next date for review is next Thursday?

If they announce another 3 weeks today to take us up to June, thats a week early so i actually kind of view it as positive. I was expecting another 4 as figured they'd announce a further 3 weeks on the review date next week.
I don't think it is being announced today, some posters were just speculating. They have reiterated that the next review (SAGE feeding back to the government on the impact of recent measures) is the 7th. It isn't likely they will give the public any new info until then.

Reactions: 3
I don't think it is being announced today, some posters were just speculating. They have reiterated that the next review (SAGE feeding back to the government on the impact of recent measures) is the 7th. It isn't likely they will give the public any new info until then.
Ah okay, i thought someone was saying above they would be announcing today.

Ah well, sure it will be fairly soon at least, will keep my fingers crossed some of it is loosened in June. The year is flying as it is so June will be here before we know.

Time flies when you're quarantined 😂

Reactions: 5
Nicola sturgeon said there wont be any change or statement regarding lockdown being lifted until next week but she is having a grown up conversation today ( her words) and she thinks its possible it wont be.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.