Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are guided by science so they can't make decision before hand.
Media and newspapers speculating, talking tit and asking stupid questions.
They aim to cause fear and panic.
Drama rows and blame game saying three friction in the cabinets.
The new Labour leadership not impressed me much.
There's time investigations and recriminations after it's not the Tories fault we have the virus.
We couldent have firseeb such a global pandemic require extraordinary amounts of ppe.
They moan we should ha e locked down sooner.
They disregard the countries coming out lockdown are different stage of the epidemic and well past their peaks.
They are meant to be intelligent people.
Our medical advisors are so good compared to the states.
Even deputy medical advisor yesterday was superb.

As for wee Nicola grown up conversation.
Several examples last months childish behaviour..
Her gracious victory lib dems.
No word about independence now.
Announcing things and different advice before Westminster designed to stir the pot.
Nicola has a right to address the Scottish people given that she is our First Minister. The Daily Fail doesnā€™t like her so of course theyā€™ll put their spin on it. I agree, now is not the time for political debates; everyone should be working together.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the daily meeting from the crew at no.10 needs to be changed. I donā€™t need to see the same slides every day, the same conversations, itā€™s all been said. Yes all of these things are still very important , of course they are, but some new information would be most welcome. The headlines in the newspapers should be addressed and an indication of how things will look would be good. I think last month I thought that June and July activities would be starting to happen. I donā€™t mean holidays. But I can see thatā€™s not the case. I feel like I am being lead through a corridor with a blindfold on.
To be fair, I donā€™t think there is new information. They canā€™t tell you how things will look in June, July, even December because they donā€™t know. Things change by the week. They have to analyse the data as it comes out and decisions canā€™t be made before that. They have tempered expectations a certain amount imo by constantly referring to the ā€œnew normalā€ and making it clear that social distancing will be around until a vaccine has been developed likely in over 12 months. Imo they have told people what to expect, but itā€™s just that people donā€™t want to accept the answer. They have to be somewhat vague because people will freak out and try to hold them to things that are no longer possible. If they said schools might be closed for 2 months and then the virus doesnā€™t move as projected and they keep them closed for 6 months then people will be whinging about the failings.

Newspapers literally just make things up a lot of the time so I donā€™t think they should respond to headlines. That sort of happens by answering questions from the press anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

According to Oddshecker, which collates the odds offered by various bookmakers and offers a comparison between them, the current best odds for the name of Johnson's new baby are as follows:

- Wilfred ā€“ 5/1

- George ā€“ 8/1

- Thomas ā€“ 8/1

- Arthur - 10/1

- Oliver - 12/1

- Winston - 12/1

- Charlie - 16/1

- Jack - 16/1

- Sebastien - 25/1

- Horatio - 33/1

- Rishi - 100/1

- Vladimir - 250/1

- Brexit - 500/1

Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson said: ā€œBoris Johnson's sleepless nights have just got longer, as the PM's newborn son is about to become Number 10's latest resident.

ā€œThough Wilfred is the bookies' favourite in this interesting market, there are still some questions regarding whether BoJo will elect for a more modern name for his youngster.ā€

Wilfred - the current bookies' favourite, derives from Germanic roots, and means "he who wants peace".

Perhaps inspired by the chancellor, Rishi is 100/1, followed by Vladimir (250/1) and Brexit (500/1)

• Haha
Reactions: 4

According to Oddshecker, which collates the odds offered by various bookmakers and offers a comparison between them, the current best odds for the name of Johnson's new baby are as follows:

- Wilfred ā€“ 5/1

- George ā€“ 8/1

- Thomas ā€“ 8/1

- Arthur - 10/1

- Oliver - 12/1

- Winston - 12/1

- Charlie - 16/1

- Jack - 16/1

- Sebastien - 25/1

- Horatio - 33/1

- Rishi - 100/1

- Vladimir - 250/1

- Brexit - 500/1

Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson said: ā€œBoris Johnson's sleepless nights have just got longer, as the PM's newborn son is about to become Number 10's latest resident.

ā€œThough Wilfred is the bookies' favourite in this interesting market, there are still some questions regarding whether BoJo will elect for a more modern name for his youngster.ā€

Wilfred - the current bookies' favourite, derives from Germanic roots, and means "he who wants peace".

Perhaps inspired by the chancellor, Rishi is 100/1, followed by Vladimir (250/1) and Brexit (500/1)
Ā£100 on Brexit!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

- Wilfred ā€“ 5/1

- George ā€“ 8/1

- Thomas ā€“ 8/1

- Arthur - 10/1

- Oliver - 12/1

- Winston - 12/1

- Charlie - 16/1

- Jack - 16/1

- Sebastien - 25/1

- Horatio - 33/1

- Rishi - 100/1

- Vladimir - 250/1

- Brexit - 500/1

:oops: No Donald šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Im baffled as to why they are acting surprised that germanys infection rate has started to pick up again, isnt it basic science that when easing lockdown thats gonna happen? The virus is still out there and will be for a long time, isnt the whole point of lockdown is to ā€˜Flatten the peakā€™ which then means the nhs and healthcare services can help those who are infected with complications. Shouldnt the aim ultimately be that the population gets infected just at a steady peace so we can all get the help in terms of ventilators and ICU beds should we need it?
I really dont think we can all stay in for a year until the vaccine is here especially if 80% of people get mild cold symptoms and mortality rate is looking like 2% at present. I mean its just illogical to me to think that long term lockdown outweighs the benefits of building up herd immunity in a more managed way such as easing certain restrictions and letting the virus run its course.

Reactions: 27
Is it true that
To be fair, I donā€™t think there is new information. They canā€™t tell you how things will look in June, July, even December because they donā€™t know. Things change by the week. They have to analyse the data as it comes out and decisions canā€™t be made before that. They have tempered expectations a certain amount imo by constantly referring to the ā€œnew normalā€ and making it clear that social distancing will be around until a vaccine has been developed likely in over 12 months. Imo they have told people what to expect, but itā€™s just that people donā€™t want to accept the answer. They have to be somewhat vague because people will freak out and try to hold them to things that are no longer possible. If they said schools might be closed for 2 months and then the virus doesnā€™t move as projected and they keep them closed for 6 months then people will be whinging about the failings.

Newspapers literally just make things up a lot of the time so I donā€™t think they should respond to headlines. That sort of happens by answering questions from the press anyway.
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your information from ?
As you have so righteously put, "the newspapers literally just make stuff up".
With all due respect, how do we know you're not making stuff up ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is it true that

What information am I making up? My post only talked about information that has been given during the official press conferences.

Also interesting that 3 out of only 4 posts on your account are replying to me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think Boris will have anything new to say tonight? A lot of speculation on the radio and in papers but lockdown isn't actually up for review until the 7th

Reactions: 3
Do you think Boris will have anything new to say tonight? A lot of speculation on the radio and in papers but lockdown isn't actually up for review until the 7th
Im not expecting anything new until may 7th. I dont understand why people are waiting everyday for the daily briefing to tell us something about easing of restrictions, the more time and data they can gather before making a decision the better. I think its all speculation and as usual papers making things up as they go along. Im waiting until next thursday then i hope we can have some sort of substantial information.

Reactions: 11
I donā€™t think so, my Guess is there will be lots more talk of following the science, which I guess is all they can do. I donā€™t watch as much now as theres no new information coming out.

Reactions: 4
My husband has to go abroad in the next two weeks for work šŸ˜© not sure how I feel really

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
What information am I making up? My post only talked about information that has been given during the official press conferences.

Also interesting that 3 out of only 4 posts on your account are replying to me. :rolleyes:
I like your posts. Always informative šŸ‘Œ

• Wow
Reactions: 6

It's great you're able to quote the official press conferences for us. If I ever miss an update I'll head straight to this thread in future.

It's because I view you as the fountain of all
Is it true that

Even moderators require moderation. šŸ§

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.