Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@monga
Maybe if they were working abroad I'd imagine the work situ would be like here most places closed down ! how could they afford to pay rent etc so most would prob head back home..unless you were a long term resident and owned property they would probably be more likely to stay
Yes, my point still stands??
If you were working abroad you should have been home by now? Why have you isolated abroad for weeks now thousands suddenly coming home?

your going to have to pay for flights to get home and accommodation once you are home anyway?
Understand that some people may have needed to head back when work dried up but that was weeks ago.

Reactions: 6
@monga

Yes, my point still stands??
If you were working abroad you should have been home by now? Why have you isolated abroad for weeks now thousands suddenly coming home?

your going to have to pay for flights to get home and accommodation once you are home anyway?
Understand that some people may have needed to head back when work dried up but that was weeks ago.
Contracts maybe ?

Lots of papers reporting this
Didn't they also all report about how he was definitely easing some restrictions when he made his return broadcast from Downing St on Monday? 😂 You would get whiplash trying to keep up with these.

Ah okay, i thought someone was saying above they would be announcing today.

Ah well, sure it will be fairly soon at least, will keep my fingers crossed some of it is loosened in June. The year is flying as it is so June will be here before we know.

Time flies when you're quarantined 😂
Agreed, I actually cannot believe how many weeks it has been already!!

Reactions: 4
Didn't they also all report about how he was definitely easing some restrictions when he made his return broadcast from Downing St? 😂 You would get whiplash trying to keep up with these.

Agreed, I actually cannot believe how many weeks it has been already!!
Doesn't seem to just be the papers other media are reporting the same !

Reactions: 2
I suspect Boris will just say it’s too early, which I agree.

No review can be undertaken until the Sage data is through next week. I don’t see restrictions being lifted until at least June (yay to my 30th birthday being during lockdown 😔).

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The scientists working on the vaccine at Oxford Uni will know by July if it will work or not ! 🤞

473 Uk deaths

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

No review can be undertaken until the Sage data is through next week. I don’t see restrictions being lifted until at least June (yay to my 30th birthday being during lockdown 😔).
I agree.
There is zero chance of lockdown being lifted on the 7th May. The 8th May is a bank holiday due to the VE Day anniversary so if lockdown is lifted on a bank holiday, there will be gatherings and parties. Not a chance.

Sorry about your birthday. I had my 50th in lockdown so I’m just staying 49 until I can celebrate properly!
My son will be 21 in May and I’m gutted that he won’t be able to do anything special or see our extended family but we will spend it together and celebrate as best we can.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I’ve seen the daily figures have been released, feel like it’s pointless now seeing as though it seems deaths outside of hospital will be released sporadically. I used the numbers as a glimmer of hope whenever there was a drop. Now it seems we’ve been at a plateau for a while. Had enough now 🙄

Reactions: 5
I think the daily meeting from the crew at no.10 needs to be changed. I don’t need to see the same slides every day, the same conversations, it’s all been said. Yes all of these things are still very important , of course they are, but some new information would be most welcome. The headlines in the newspapers should be addressed and an indication of how things will look would be good. I think last month I thought that June and July activities would be starting to happen. I don’t mean holidays. But I can see that’s not the case. I feel like I am being lead through a corridor with a blindfold on.

Reactions: 13
Had my 66th on Tuesday grandaughter made me a cake we ate it at the end of their oath with cake. Can’t wait for a proper birthday

Reactions: 8

They are guided by science so they can't make decision before hand.
Media and newspapers speculating, talking tit and asking stupid questions.
They aim to cause fear and panic.
Drama rows and blame game saying three friction in the cabinets.
The new Labour leadership not impressed me much.
There's time investigations and recriminations after it's not the Tories fault we have the virus.
We couldent have firseeb such a global pandemic require extraordinary amounts of ppe.
They moan we should ha e locked down sooner.
They disregard the countries coming out lockdown are different stage of the epidemic and well past their peaks.
They are meant to be intelligent people.
Our medical advisors are so good compared to the states.
Even deputy medical advisor yesterday was superb.

As for wee Nicola grown up conversation.
Several examples last months childish behaviour..
Her gracious victory lib dems.
No word about independence now.
Announcing things and different advice before Westminster designed to stir the pot.

Reactions: 13
I have said the very same if they would just tell people what to expect going forward it would cause less restless uncertainty..

Reactions: 10
I think it’s interesting to watch Spain. They seem to have managed it good so far and it’s interesting to see how they cope in the next few weeks. I hope it works for them and we can follow suit 🤞🏼

Reactions: 12
I agree.
There is zero chance of lockdown being lifted on the 7th May. The 8th May is a bank holiday due to the VE Day anniversary so if lockdown is lifted on a bank holiday, there will be gatherings and parties. Not a chance.

Sorry about your birthday. I had my 50th in lockdown so I’m just staying 49 until I can celebrate properly!
My son will be 21 in May and I’m gutted that he won’t be able to do anything special or see our extended family but we will spend it together and celebrate as best we can.
My eldest turns 18 at the end of May. Big birthdays aren’t these milestones, they and I feel sad I can’t do what we had planned for her. I just don’t know how to make it special enough. Ive also no clue what to buy her. I’ve not let the kids have a takeaway since this all began incase it’s contaminated by an infectious person making it. She’s going go have to do with my cooking haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.