Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Reactions: 4
I’ve kinda assumed from the start that schools won’t be starting back up until September. Especially as we’re getting closer and closer to the summer holidays.

If they go back sooner then great, it’ll save mine and probably my kids sanity but I can’t see it.

Reactions: 12
I’ve kinda assumed from the start that schools won’t be starting back up until September. Especially as we’re getting closer and closer to the summer holidays.

If they go back sooner then great, it’ll save mine and probably my kids sanity but I can’t see it.
APPARENTLY if they dont go back after May half term it will be Septemeber. I think it will be Septemeber

Reactions: 9
I was just reading the update from a local GP incharge of the covid centre where I am ...he said it's very quiet atm cases have dropped ..they are testing a lot of people now, tests are 70% effective and they have lots of PPE ..it wasn't a manufacture shortage more a delivery issue🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
The thought of sending my kids back to school at the moment terrifies me. I think it'll be September but I still don't think it'll be school as we know it

Reactions: 11
Bit controversial compared to many other tattlers opinions but my kids will be going straight into school when they open and I won’t be worried doing so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Cases are very very low here and I feel like that it will be the best thing for them all round.

Reactions: 52
Haven’t checked the thread in a while! I haven’t been watching the briefings, just catching the simple politics summaries.
I won’t be sending my son back to Pre school til September I don’t think. Luckily he’s not old enough to realise but I guess it depends on what happens, I’m not sure if his preschool would keep his place open or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I was just reading the update from a local GP incharge of the covid centre where I am ...he said it's very quiet atm cases have dropped ..they are testing a lot of people now, tests are 70% effective and they have lots of PPE ..it wasn't a manufacture shortage more a delivery issue🤷‍♀️
That’s what Chris Whitty said last week, the shortages were area related rather than country wide. Poor logistics management initially I guess. But it’s a new situation for everybody.

Bit controversial compared to many other tattlers opinions but my kids will be going straight into school when they open and I won’t be worried doing so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Cases are very very low here and I feel like that it will be the best thing for them all round.
I’m so torn. We have a baby in the house but my older two need school for their sanity. My daughter especially is struggling and I’m worried about her mental health. But I have to protect my baby as well! Cases are low here too ...but it has to arrive at some point!

I'm curious at to how it will work for those of us that are shielding. Am I expected to stay at home but send my kids to school where they could pick the virus up and then bring it into the home making the whole shielding thing pointless?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm curious at to how it will work for those of us that are shielding. Am I expected to stay at home but send my kids to school where they could pick the virus up and then bring it into the home making the whole shielding thing pointless?
I wondered this too! And what do shielders do in the long term?

Just a thought, I'm in the south West, where we have very little cases
Do you think that over time due to the peaks/surges that the graph will inverse, so places like the south west having higher numbers than say, the North East (at time time - not overall)
Not sure if I'm making sense.

I'm in the same boat, no idea what to do. Delay the child's education? Or send her to her dad's for an indeterminate amount of time?

Reactions: 3
oh gosh I have no idea! So many uncertainties at the moment. I’m just speaking on my behalf where I’ve been fortunate to work from home but it’s meant that I’ve not been able to give my all to my kids because I’m having to throw myself into my job as well. Feel like its starting to affect them socially as well as developmentally.

Reactions: 1
Husband works in IT & he’s been told he won’t be back in the office until September, and then it will be a gradual introduction. I predict schools will be the same.

Reactions: 2

I'm more then happy with that happening ATM. As long as some places are open in the summer and we can do things, even if it's just a trip to a play park.

Reactions: 4
Husband works in IT & he’s been told he won’t be back in the office until September, and then it will be a gradual introduction. I predict schools will be the same.
we've been told a gradual transition possibly from May/June. However, we also have the ability to work from home so it may be half the office go in half the week and vice versa. We have a ‘meeting’ on Thursday (company I work for is only of the biggest global businesses) so I’m sure more will be revealed then.

First person I know had been tested positive. Wouldnt say a friend but someone I talk to at work. They are keeping well. Got tested yesterday (at a drive thru, they are a key worker) and their results came back today.

Reactions: 6
Well it's Melania Trump's birthday wonder what she'll be getting ....🥕🥺:sick:...🤭...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm the same, very few cases round here and my eldest is desperate to go back to school and it's starting to affect him quite a bit.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.