Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Similar start to all these threads so sorry to be repetitive,
but some links you might find useful....🙂

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 1
Guys come on let’s all pray that we are past the peak and give out positive vibes to the universe. We can do this. Please let this be over soon xxxx

Reactions: 24
from the previous thread....

France lockdown extended till may 11th
Schools and work will happen progressively
Restaurants , cafes public gatherings banned till at least mid july
Borders remain closed until further notice
I like this level of information,
it’s crazy to think restaurants and cafes are closed until mid July though.

but I like knowing this is going to be a long process, and that’s being planned for. and they don’t feel the need to drip feed information like we’re toddlers.

(i also know a lot of the time it’s not that they’re keeping information from us, they just don’t know what’s happening themselves yet)

Reactions: 27
Rant -

I'm not being funny but I dont actually want to go back to work yet whilst all this is going on. Given the fact of how many younger people have died from this that havent had underlying health problems I dont really feel comfortable. My work are trying to reopen Wednesday and the work place that it is, I cant figure out how they would put social distancing in place to protect us.

I dont really agree with if they plan to open things gradually why should non essential workers have to suffer and go back to work first whilst schools and restaurants and shops stay shut til god knows how long? Theyve had scientists say shutting schools hasnt really helped.

Probably already been mentioned alot but I also really feel sorry for the nhs now having to go to work and put their own lives in danger because the government have made continuous shoddy decisions 😡 I know it's their job but they should be given then adequate protection so their lives arent put at risk every day.

I wish the government would stop lying I genuinely feel they are hiding the severity of it for some reason. They always seem so vague andto me when answering the medias questions in the briefing. They just skirt round the questions every single day. Someone asked why arent the figures been shown for non hospital deaths and they said they're available to the public. Well why arent they been bleeping shown then? I can guarantee the death toll is more than 11,324 or whatever is it today 😔😔

Guys come on let’s all pray that we are past the peak and give out positive vibes to the universe. We can do this. Please let this be over soon xxxx
We arent past it unfortunately 😔 Raab confirmed we weren't today

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I’m not holding out much hope for my holiday to France at the end of July. We might just make it there but I refuse to get excited after already having my heart ripped out over it once (ok bit dramatic but it was the thing I was looking forward to for ages before covid happened). Plus it all depends what’s happening here too.

Seen this doing the rounds on Facebook. No idea how true it is, maybe someone here knows more?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
but I like knowing this is going to be a long process, and that’s being planned for. and they don’t feel the need to drip feed information like we’re toddlers.
To be fair, some people are acting like toddlers so I understand the drip feeding

Personally I’d prefer to know the cold hard facts too, even if it’s very bad news. I think honesty about the expected timeline would help a lot of people feel more in control which would be nice considering the fact just about everything is uncertain

Reactions: 28
I’m not holding out much hope for my holiday to France at the end of July. We might just make it there but I refuse to get excited after already having my heart ripped out over it once (ok bit dramatic but it was the thing I was looking forward to for ages before covid happened). Plus it all depends what’s happening here too.

Seen this doing the rounds on Facebook. No idea how true it is, maybe someone here knows more?
I’m calling bullshit

Reactions: 21

Honestly i wouldn’t believe anything doing the rounds over there.

Reactions: 14
Rant -

I'm not being funny but I dont actually want to go back to work yet whilst all this is going on. Given the fact of how many younger people have died from this that havent had underlying health problems I dont really feel comfortable. My work are trying to reopen Wednesday and the work place that it is, I cant figure out how they would put social distancing in place to protect us.

I dont really agree with if they plan to open things gradually why should non essential workers have to suffer and go back to work first whilst schools and restaurants and shops stay shut til god knows how long? Theyve had scientists say shutting schools hasnt really helped.

Probably already been mentioned alot but I also really feel sorry for the nhs now having to go to work and put their own lives in danger because the government have made continuous shoddy decisions 😡 I know it's their job but they should be given then adequate protection so their lives arent put at risk every day.

I wish the government would stop lying I genuinely feel they are hiding the severity of it for some reason. They always seem so vague andto me when answering the medias questions in the briefing. They just skirt round the questions every single day. Someone asked why arent the figures been shown for non hospital deaths and they said they're available to the public. Well why arent they been bleeping shown then? I can guarantee the death toll is more than 11,324 or whatever is it today 😔😔

We arent past it unfortunately 😔 Raab confirmed we weren't today
I completely agree, we’ve asked my husbands employer to clarify if has to go back or can he stay furloughed. Because we don’t feel comfortable with him going back tomorrow. I haven’t even left the house for 3 weeks I’m that scared, he’s been doing the shopping and picking meds up etc. I think some proper advice from the government needs addressing, we are told to stay at home!!

Reactions: 4
I would just like to say (again) THANK YOU to everyone on Tattle for keeping my spirits up and being able to have a laugh.(y)😘

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Update from hubby’s work. Just had a reply to a message we asked them. Does he have to go back or can he stay furloughed. They said he doesn’t have to go back if he doesn’t want to he can stay furloughed 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Totally doubt that. Why on earth would they throw out people’s medication?

People who make this stuff up and put it online are down right sick.

Reactions: 34

This absolutely cannot be true!

Reactions: 4
Going off that chart (from channel 4) someone posted on the last Covid-19 thread - I guess anyone over 70 and 'vulnerable' or 'mildly frail' is fucked then? That seems very, very harsh if that is an accurate chart as people as old as 102 have beaten it.
ON the topic of care homes, I would be taking elderly relatives out of them ASAP if I did have any in homes as the govt and the care assistants seem very hush hush on many of the conditions of residents. I know alot (I know of 2 with as many as 30 residents each) of care homes have been compromised in Birmingham and Covid spread to a lot of residents in early March.

Reactions: 6
People get off on the weirdest things, but those people that blatantly make up absolute bleeping rubbish to get a reaction or cause panic, especially during uncertain times are the sickest of them all.
Followed by those that believe and actively spread the tit that pours out of their mouths.
🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 25
Ooh...saw this coming!

What a disgusting man ! hopefully if the Americans have more of a like for Fauci than Trump they'll start to rise against him..Trump's face was like a slapped arse standing behind him..

Reactions: 1
Our local Holland and Barret is randomly opening this week. Why!? Who needs herbal remedies and diet pills right now?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.