Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally doubt that. Why on earth would they throw out people’s medication?

People who make this stuff up and put it online are down right sick.
That’s what I was thinking! What would be the point In throwing out perfectly good meds and make people needlessly suffer? So much bullshit being shared around Facebook it’s ridiculous and people lap it up! I knew sharing it here people wouldn’t just blindly go along with it and if it were somehow true someone would point me to a more reliable source - unsurprisingly there isn’t one.

Reactions: 10
Going off that chart (from channel 4) someone posted on the last Covid-19 thread - I guess anyone over 70 and 'vulnerable' or 'mildly frail' is fucked then? That seems very, very harsh if that is an accurate chart as people as old as 102 have beaten it.
ON the topic of care homes, I would be taking elderly relatives out of them ASAP if I did have any in homes as the govt and the care assistants seem very hush hush on many of the conditions of residents. I know alot (I know of 2 with as many as 30 residents each) of care homes have been compromised in Birmingham and Covid spread to a lot of residents in early March.
This makes me so sad my granny is in a care home in england ( I'm Scotland ) and I'm absolutely hating the fact I cant see her . Nothing more i would love to just take her closer to me. The care home tell me very little little details as well 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
So Princess Beatrice is planning an even bigger wedding next year, to cheer us all up!! I think we'll all be busy paying off our COVID-19 debts luv!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
So China's numbers are back up again now that they are lifting lockdown, 100+ today and 99 yesterday. It will be very interesting to now see what their real numbers are like. They know the world is watching them, so will they still try to fudge/cover up their numbers like they did at the beginning? I hope not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Update Captain Tom Moore has reached his £500,000.00 target for the NHS and has so far raised £708,259.69 and still rising God bless this man 😍

@Spinidge, if I was Princess Bea I would cancel altogether, I'm sure she postponed the first time because of the buisnee with her dad then this time because of the coronavirus, in all honesty I think the universe is trying to tell her something poor thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
On the topic of community deaths I believe the Scottish Government are going to release those numbers sometime soon. I can't remember where I read it or when they said but I think it was in the next week?

Reactions: 2
Oh god, I changed hospitality jobs first week of March (giving 6 weeks notice from my own job before this all kicked off) and therefore do not qualify to be furloughed which we found out when they tried to furlough me a few weeks ago. I have enough work from home behind the scenes to keep me busy and paid (though I have taken a 20% drop) and we have agreed to re evaluate in June to see if I can get back on site and the business can run again.

If we follow Macron's timeline and restaurants/gatherings don't happen til mid July at least I may be out of a job 😩😩😩😩

The fact I have no control over this makes me so angry. And that is is too late for the country now anyway.

I am also in the South West where our graph is one very low fairly straight line 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 11
On the topic of community deaths I believe the Scottish Government are going to release those numbers sometime soon. I can't remember where I read it or when they said but I think it was in the next week?
Maybe it will be part of the weekly report they are putting out , on the wednesday. Nicola last week rattled off so many figures at the lunchtime run down i got lost but I'm sure she said that. Maybe 🙈

I think the Uk will follow Ireland with whatever measures are implemented nxt
90630076_2766962563351705_6396453592311529472_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
We have a weekend in Disneyland Paris booked for the first weekend in June. With restaurants not opening until July, it's looking incredibly unlikely that DLP will even be open, let alone us being able to make it over there. Really glad I bought an annual pass in Feb 😂 Luckily Disney are just extending the pass for days they are closed. My real reason for posting is Air B n B, currently, they're only offering full refunds on trips before 31st of May. Do we think they'll extend this?! Or am I just going to have to go with the host's refund policy.

I can't believe how many people on my Facebook that reckon lockdown has to end this week because Boris only said 3 weeks. What planet are they on?

Reactions: 29
Well Disney world are hoping for the end of May ?View attachment 108683
Disney have just started furloughing employees. They know this is for the long run. I read a really interesting article that speculated what the parks will look like when they start to open. One thing mentioned was temperature checks - not sure how that would work in the Florida heat, if they went near my forehead it would be hotter than the sun!

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/disney-theme-parks-reopen/?fbclid=IwAR1N3UsBip6lXtNA6btd8hCC3DHMJASTb5DTMcAYVYYZ1TJSD73k4JIUFD0 Just incase there's any other Disney nerds here.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe how many people on my Facebook that reckon lockdown has to end this week because Boris only said 3 weeks. What planet are they on?
As if they’re children. “But Boris, you SAID three weeks! You PROMISED” :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it was worded like ‘we’ll review the situation in three weeks’

Reactions: 25
As if they’re children. “But Boris, you SAID three weeks! You PROMISED” :rolleyes:

And they’ve subtly said at every press briefing since that it wouldn’t be lifted. They’ve said we can’t take our foot off the pedal now many times!

Reactions: 11

I think the government will be in a no win situation if they say another 6 weeks people will be despondent likewise if they tell the truth and say 12/18 months they'll be uproar...

Reactions: 6
I’m not holding out much hope for my holiday to France at the end of July. We might just make it there but I refuse to get excited after already having my heart ripped out over it once (ok bit dramatic but it was the thing I was looking forward to for ages before covid happened). Plus it all depends what’s happening here too.

Seen this doing the rounds on Facebook. No idea how true it is, maybe someone here knows more?
There's no way that's true, it would be tantamount to murder. What an appalling thing to be spreading on social media, what on earth is wrong with these people!?

Reactions: 10
And they’ve subtly said at every press briefing since that it wouldn’t be lifted. They’ve said we can’t take our foot off the pedal now many times!
Isn't it mental how people just hear what they want to and twist it until it fits?!
They've said all the way through it'll be reviewed 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
People are bizarre.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.