Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this due to his religion?
I think he's better off not voting as he's done than voting against those.
I think maybe Conservative thing as Theresa May, Dominic Raab, Rishi Sunak and Alok Sharma all did not vote on same sex marriages

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Omg. Surely we are at the "peak". Grim figures today 😔
I fear we will pass 1000 tomorrow.:(

Off topic: a week or so ago a couple of posters asked for my “Big Mac” sauce recipe. I’ve just posted it on the What’s For Dinner? thread.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Just a thought putting it out there - when I was chatting to one of the consultants at work today asking if the numbers are scary and his reply was not really because during a typical flu season you average 500 deaths a day but because flu is normal nobody reports it on a daily basis so with the covid virus on top of it , it’s only adding an extra 200 on to the expected number u would get from flu victims

Reactions: 19
Not been well today at all, so only just managed to look at the figures for today and those are devastating 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just a thought putting it out there - when I was chatting to one of the consultants at work today asking if the numbers are scary and his reply was not really because during a typical flu season you average 500 deaths a day but because flu is normal nobody reports it on a daily basis so with the covid virus on top of it , it’s only adding an extra 200 on to the expected number u would get from flu victims
I was under the impression the flu season ran from October, peaked in Dec/Jan and then rapidly declined in March? Is that not the case?

I was under the impression the flu season ran from October, peaked in Dec/Jan and then rapidly declined in March? Is that not the case?
I think that’s true and I think they’re expecting this to do something similar in the future but as a community we have to build up some sort of immunity to it so first couple of years will be rougher from what understand.

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔
That’s very dodgy. He could have died from any number of things. Heart attack or anything. You hear of very healthy people passing young and suddenly. I don’t trust the figures at all to be honest. Not saying they are purposefully lying but I think it’s got out of their control.

Reactions: 12
That's awful for his family (if he had any) No closure. Will there be any sort of post mortem at this god awful time?

Reactions: 4
That’s very dodgy. He could have died from any number of things. Heart attack or anything. You hear of very healthy people passing young and suddenly. I don’t trust the figures at all to be honest. Not saying they are purposefully lying but I think it’s got out of their control.
Exactly! I was already questioning things before this, the numbers in China were definitely fiddled for a start. So much doesn't add up, and now this. I've also seen that americas numbers are so high because they are adding 'assumed cases' to their death toll (I haven't properly researched this one though so this could be wrong)

Reactions: 8
Some positives from the ROI.

224 cases have been admitted to ICU, 53 patients have been discharged from ICU, after recovery, to date.

a month tomorrow since schools closed here, it’s good to see recovery stats finally coming in.
and it’s good to see patients are coming out of ICU.

Reactions: 26
That's awful for his family (if he had any) No closure. Will there be any sort of post mortem at this god awful time?
I think he has some daughters. My dad's pretty shook up by it as they are similar in age :(
I would hope they would do a post mortem, surely they can't just assume every death is covid19

Reactions: 10
The same thing happened with the rapper klashnekoff’s step dad. He passed away and they reported it as coronavirus when he hasn’t even had an autopsy 😬 I would take anything the media say with a pinch of salt!

Not been well today at all, so only just managed to look at the figures for today and those are devastating 😞
Please remember that although those figures today are terribly sad, around 1600 people on average, die every day. I can't find any figures for recorded deaths not related to COVID-19 anywhere. Does this mean that the average daily rate has gone down I wonder? That's over 600 people less today if so.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.