Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂
Coronavirus disease support

Coronavirus - living alone

It's that time of the week to go out to the local Co Op shop for supplies and I'm dreading it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think Boris’ fiancée probably has been tested but doesn’t want to say as they know the general public would kick off as to why she got a test.

It's that time of the week to go out to the local Co Op shop for supplies and I'm dreading it.
I hadn’t been to my local co-op in over a week but when I went yesterday it was a shambles. They had closed off all the ends of the aisles so you couldn’t walk around. So if you were down an aisle with someone else who wanted to come back out then you had to pass each other. It didn’t seem a good idea especially as their aisles aren’t as wide as the big supermarket aisles. I won’t be going back.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I go once a week to my local Co op and I also dread it. Especially when people walk in the middle of the footpath on my way there, leaving very little opportunity to keep a safe distance!!!!!

Reactions: 2
I think Boris’ fiancée probably has been tested but doesn’t want to say as they know the general public would kick off as to why she got a test.
I know a lot of people would kick off if she got tested but I don't think she would say she hasn't been tested at all if she has. Surely she would just keep it to herself if she has been tested and found positive/negative? Also, how careless of Boris to be around her like that knowing full well he was at risk because of all the people he's surrounded by!
But now that NHS staff are getting tested as priority (however slow that may be) - I would be fine with a high risk pregnant woman being tested, regardless of who's baby she is carrying.

Reactions: 21
I popped to my local M&S for some bread and Milk, it wasn't very well stocked and had a few reductions. Luckily there wasn't many people in so didn't have to queue up outside. Now its time for my G&T. 🍷

Reactions: 9
From last week when I went my weekly shops to this week there is definitely a lot more people out and about . And the till woman in my asda was saying asda is away to start lifting restrictions, keeping the social distancing but lifting everything else

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I feel like people don’t care anymore. We walked out to get a prescription on the next village for one of my parents and we saw a fair amount of people, everyone kept their distance and said hello or waved.

maybe it’s the lack of seeing Boris? We’ve not really seen him since he said about lockdown, so I think people are just forgetting the message but thinking cos he’s off radar? I know it’s ignorant but let’s be honest,you have to be to be this way in a pandemic

Reactions: 12
The US number of cases just went up to +23271.

USA300,432 Total+23,271

EDIT: Up again.

1586023147320.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
It's now hit my family. My poor aunty has been showing symptoms for 2 days. She's only been out once a week for essential shopping 😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I think we need to see Boris be stern. I live next to the Angel of the North and drove past at least 50 people heading to or from that area yesterday. The roads are busy and the queues to the supermarkets are an hour long.

More and more are coming out.

Apparently my uncle has symptoms but the ambulance left him at home. He’s quite poorly. He’s in his 40s.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I think we need to see Boris be stern. I live next to the Angel of the North and drove past at least 50 people heading to or from that area yesterday. The roads are busy and the queues to the supermarkets are an hour long.

Apparently my uncle has symptoms but the ambulance left him at home. He’s quite poorly. He’s in his 40s.
Unfortunately that's happning to a lot of people. It's only the worst cases that seem to be needing hospital treatment.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think people are just not seeing past the ends of their noses — ‘it won’t happen to me’

Reactions: 21
I think people are just not seeing past the ends of their noses — ‘it won’t happen to me’
This is completely the problem. I’m hoping the tragic deaths of people who had undiagnosed underlying conditions make people think twice. If people are too selfish to follow the rules for the sake of the vulnerable, maybe they’d be more willing if they knew themselves or their loved ones might unknowingly be high risk

The thought of it terrifies me. I’m lucky that most of the people in my life are healthy (as far as I know) but since reading these stories I realise I’ve been taking that for granted. People can live decades with an undiagnosed condition which only becomes apparent when they get seriously ill or die. We can’t assume anyone is safe

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Fully agree. The disassociation people have until it happens to someone close to them, is not helping.

Reactions: 16
Unfortunately that's happning to a lot of people. It's only the worst cases that seem to be needing hospital treatment.
I understand that but if people are ill enough to call for an ambulance then maybe earlier treatment would save more lives.

Also in the north east, my sister in law was left at home by the ambulance too after struggling for days with symptoms, the shortness of breath the worst. She had oxygen for 2hrs and a glucose drink, and they left her with antibiotics, no steroids which is needed if you have inflammation in the lungs...not even tested. My friend's mother is also very poorly in hospital but hasn't been tested. It's a shambolic state of affairs.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Also in the north east, my sister in law was left at home by the ambulance too after struggling for days with symptoms, the shortness of breath the worst. She had oxygen for 2hrs and a glucose drink, and they left her with antibiotics, no steroids which is needed if you have inflammation in the lungs...not even tested. My friend's mother is also very poorly in hospital but hasn't been tested. It's a shambolic state of affairs.
I’m sorry to hear that 😔

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry to hear that 😔
I'm so angry. I hope she'll be ok, she's saying now her husband and kids are poorly with temps and bad coughs. The government need to pull their fingers out their arses and step their game up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.