Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads
coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 2
@sasbeep I’m sort of working from home, I’m a contractor so I’m not being paid at the moment and will claim the self employed fund in June. I will do the odd day of admin to keep things going etc.

I also have a side business online, that’s still going all be it at a much slower pace. I’m about to do my first postal run in two weeks (I used to go daily!)

I’m getting on with jobs around the house while I can and my husband is a key worker at a supermarket online distribution centre so he’s out as normal.

Reactions: 3
Never read anything so accurate....
I did a grocery shop for a 79 year old yesterday and I’ve just seen her go outside because she needs to get batteries at the pound shop, anyone over 70 should come with a bleeping lead.

you don’t “need” batteries for you fake flickering candles Marion, get the duck indoors.
Well aware she was going for the 3 pack twirls.
Liar.

6FB51204-53DC-40B1-805B-FD0FB0078713.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Never read anything so accurate....
I did a grocery shop for a 79 year old yesterday and I’ve just seen her go outside because she needs to get batteries at the pound shop, anyone over 70 should come with a bleeping lead.

you don’t “need” batteries for you fake flickering candles Marion, get the duck indoors.
Well aware she was going for the 3 pack twirls.
Liar.

View attachment 102878
You crack me up - well aware she was going for the three pack of Twirls! 😁

Is chocoholic a medically recognised condition? Just asking for a friend who thinks this might be classed as essential shopping... 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@sasbeep - I couldn't quote your post from the old thread. I am still working - I'm a legal secretary in a solicitors office. We have been told the reason we're still operating is because we offer a Will service so count as essential! Unfortunately my firm does not have the IT infrastructure to allow us to work from home (we have no laptops, not set up for remote connection etc - the firm is quite archaic unfortunately) so we still have to come to the office.

You crack me up - well aware she was going for the three pack of Twirls! 😁

Is chocoholic a medically recognised condition? Just asking for a friend who thinks this might be classed as essential shopping... 😜
she’ll start limping and saying her hip is giving her trouble if I call her out on it, always deflecting.
I can read this lot like a book.

It was definitely for the twirls. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@sasbeep - I couldn't quote your post from the old thread. I am still working - I'm a legal secretary in a solicitors office. We have been told the reason we're still operating is because we offer a Will service so count as essential! Unfortunately my firm does not have the IT infrastructure to allow us to work from home (we have no laptops, not set up for remote connection etc - the firm is quite archaic unfortunately) so we still have to come to the office.
Are you any busier than usual on the Wills side?
Coincidentally we got ours drawn up in Feb and they were witnessed last month at the solicitors, just before lockdown.
It had nothing to do with COVID19, we were supposed to be going on holiday so wanted it done before then.
So relieved we did it now. One less thing to worry about for our children.

Reactions: 3
Those flickering candles are both a torture and a godsend .My elderly 94 yr old relative is forever looking for batteries ..if she's got the candles a bag of clove rock/ brandy balls and a bottle of holy water she can save the world :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Are you any busier than usual on the Wills side?
Coincidentally we got ours drawn up in Feb and they were witnessed last month at the solicitors, just before lockdown.
It had nothing to do with COVID19, we were supposed to be going on holiday so wanted it done before then.
So relieved we did it now. One less thing to worry about for our children.
Yep! Definitely, we've been manic with Wills. Lots of home visits for people who are isolating but now panicking that they have no Will. Lots of people on the telephone also "can you just check my Will definitely states XXXXXX".

It's definitely shown me how much concern people genuinely are feeling at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Yel

This Sky news video should be sent to anyone that's still not taking this seriously and thinks we won't be like Italy or Spain.
PSX_20200402_111056.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Ffs. I've had texts from my window clear and gardner. They are both starting up again Monday. I've told them to freeze their services. Wonder how many other business are starting up again.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ffs. I've had texts from my window clear and gardner. They are both starting up again Monday. I've told them to freeze their services. Wonder how many other business are starting up again.
My husband had an email from a customer telling him he could start their bathroom early if he wanted to 😬 even if he wanted to all the suppliers are closed 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Where are people getting this from? No where has the government said restrictions will be lifted.

Though I know a lot of window cleaners and gardeners are still working as they cannot do it from home and can practice social distancing so legally there is no issue.

Where are people getting this from? No where has the government said restrictions will be lifted.

Though I know a lot of window cleaners and gardeners are still working as they cannot do it from home and can practice social distancing so legally there is no issue.
This is what I was going to say, our window cleaner is still working because he has 0 contact with us. Turns up, does his job, puts the receipt through the door and we bank transfer the money over. I can't see any issue personally but maybe I'm too relaxed.

Reactions: 23
My husband has just finished a bathroom he started it was nightmare as most of the merchants are shut. Hes had to delay the rest of his customers.

On another note my best friend has just told me her brother has been released from prison to free up space due to corona. hes very dangerous and now im worried about all these prisoners they are letting out early.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I'm a cleaner, self employed. I've stopped every client, lost all earnings. Getting very pissed off with businesses starting back up or continuing during this when I'm losing my entire business in order to do the right thing but at the same time they aren't providing self employed people with any grant until june so what are we supposed to do to survive financially 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 14
People are allowed to work

I don’t think the video worked but here in Scotland Nicola Sturgeon encouraged window cleaners and gardeners to work as no contact with people and also it’ll be good for the community- she said.

Attachments

I feel like these are the reasons that lockdown will get stricter. No reason why you can’t work if you can stay away from people etc but hairdressers and the like have to expect that they can’t just start customer facing jobs straight away because we’re back to square 1 🤦🏻‍♀️

I still work. Am classed somewhat as a key worker because of our industry. Quite grateful for it atm for having a routine

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.