Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

You can't actually be reinfected with the virus
Weren't you complaining about disinformation on the thread when someone posted something that was clearly a joke? 🤨

We don't know if you can be reinfected or not, experts think people will have immunity for a period of time after recovering. They are not certain that people will have immunity or if they do how long that will last for. We just don't know anything much for certain yet.

Reactions: 18
what people don’t realise with furlough is there is no date set for companies to reclaim wages so some simply can’t do it if they don’t have the cash flow. It’s not free cash from the get go & it’s not an easy process to start either because there’s so Little guidance

Reactions: 4
I’ve heard the Tesco advert all week, their online is struggling and they have strict rules in store so are encouraging those who can go
To a store to do so, then it frees up spots for those who need to shop online.

We will not be out of lockdown next week, I would bet my house on it. If we do, we will enter a 2nd wave which would undo all we have achieved in these 3 weeks, the 3 week review is to see if we are doing enough of if we need to go further not the other way around.

I know quite a few firms are asking people to prepare to come back, in my head we are in this for 12 weeks minimum.

If people just followed the rules it would be the least time possible but if people are going to ignore things and just nip 100 miles to
Collect an ebay purchase we’ll be like this for a very long time!

I’m hoping that a few restrictions will be lifted in the next 3-4 weeks and that we can see family members in our homes etc. I personally can’t see pubs reopening until the summer
I very much doubt it, people aren’t following it now if you let them do this they will be having parties in their gardens etc.

China was in full lockdown for 8 weeks and they had less numbers than Europe.

Reactions: 10
Weren't you complaining about disinformation on the thread when someone posted something that was clearly a joke? 🤨

We don't know if you can be reinfected or not, experts think people will have immunity for a period of time after recovering. They are not certain that people will have immunity or if they do how long that will last for. We just don't know anything much for certain yet.
It isn't disinformation, it is how viruses work.

🤣 you can get flu more than once. There is no proof you can’t get this twice. In very rare cases you CAN get chickenpox twice!

Reactions: 11

Yel

So all the experts in virology are wrong by saying we don't know yet? I find it funny the person complaining about misinformation has posted the worst misinformation I've read here in the last couple of days.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
🤣 you can get flu more than once. There is no proof you can’t get this twice. In very rare cases you CAN get chickenpox twice!
Completely ot but my son had chickenpox last year quite badly and we believe(doctors have also said this can happen) the chickenpox virus attacked my sons pancreas which led to his t1d (sorry if ot its his first diaversary in couple of days and thinking about it alot)

• Sad
Reactions: 6
No, there have been no cases of "reinfection".
Any stories claiming reinfection are misreading the data, all experts from china and elsewhere have put so called reinfection down to testing errors and people actually not being over the virus yet in the first place.

People might claim to get "the flu" twice, but they have actually contracted two different viruses.

Reactions: 3
I’m hoping that a few restrictions will be lifted in the next 3-4 weeks and that we can see family members in our homes etc. I personally can’t see pubs reopening until the summer
Won’t happen. If anything I can see the rules getting tougher personally

• Heart
Aldi do their own version of Jelly Tots called Dots, mind you Aldi do their own "version" of most things! They're not too bad though and it's a big bag!

Just received a phone call that a friend of mine was rushed into hospital on Monday with covid 19 she’s currently in intensive care she’s 31yrs old she’s a housing officer for local council so she is in and out peoples homes every day. Her partner is losing his tit as nobody is allowed to go into the hospital to be with her. The thought of her or anyone lying in hospital alone is devastating. Wish this virus would just duck off
This is the thought I hate the most, if anyone I love ends up in hospital I want to be with them, of course I understand why I couldn't be but if the worst did happen it will make it forever hard knowing they were alone. I don't want to be alone either if I end up in hospital either but obviously wouldn't want to infect anyone, it is such a double edged sword!

Reactions: 1

Yel

No, there have been no cases of "reinfection".
Any stories claiming reinfection are misreading the data, all experts from china and elsewhere have put so called reinfection down to testing errors and people actually not being over the virus yet in the first place.

People might claim to get "the flu" twice, but they have actually contracted two different viruses.
No known cases yet of reinfection doesn't equal that once you get COVID-19 you're immune for the rest of your life.

The flu virus mutates so quickly that people can get reinfected.

Reactions: 7
Curious how many still working outside the house, who can work from home and who isn't working anymore due to covid?

I think what's messing with my head is that I like time frames. We've been told schools are shut for 12 weeks and that we've been put on this lockdown for 3 weeks.

I'm expecting a review after these 3 weeks and for it to continue longer than that.

However my Facebook feed is full of people who are getting prepared to go back to work and for things to reopen (pubs etc) after next week is over.

My hairdressers and the waxing place have emailed me new appointment dates for the Tuesday after Easter Monday. Nearby pubs are advertising opening night discos and on the news, it showed a survey that car use is picking up in the Midlands as they are getting ready for back to normal in a weeks time.

Yet schools are staying closed.

We've had 8 emails this week from work parents saying are we open next week, if not they've been approached by other nurseries who are opening so they can back to work. None of them are key worker parents

I don't why everyone thinks this is happening as I've seen nothing about it anywhere. The jobs they have are clothes shop, pubs, library workers, Uni offices, solicitors offices etc.

Are we really going back to normal, except for schools, after 3 weeks? Or are we looking at least 12 weeks, which is what I'm working to in my head and how I'm dealing with it!
I've been told I have to go back to work 15th april. I'm a cleaner for a non essential manufacturer. I'm completely baffled about it all theres just so much conflicting info from everywhere all the while were being told to stay at home protect the nhs save lives. I physically cant stay away from some people at my job. Whole thing makes no sense to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.