Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you!
That has been annoying me too.
A social gathering of no more than 2 makes NO sense when households shouldn’t be mixing.
I don’t think people understand this and think they can meet up with a friend because “it’s no more than 2” - no you can’t!
They need to remove that from their advice and quickly!
Agree. Only friend I'm meeting is my colleague. We both live alone and are struggling. We still have to work and if anybody at work gets it, we'll get it both anyways (care home for children and we have really little ones at the moment so no physical distancing...). Will go to her by bike/car though to avoid other people. I am not going to meet any other friends until at least end of April. Last friend I met was 3rd March 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I find it quite worrying the amount of people begging for more and more restrictions to our behaviour.

This crisis has brought out the best and worst behaviour in people. It's the curtain twitchers reporting their neighbours for daring to go out twice in one day unbeknown that that neighbour was going to buy emergency provisions for an elderly neighbour.

It sickens me how some people are rubbing their hands with glee at the new power they have over people. Its like Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany..everyone is being judged and it makes me very very nervous as to how his is going to be be played out in the weeks/months ahead.
Sorry but I disagree. If everyone acted in the same way......no going out unless it’s ESSENTIAL, no ordering crap that means products & deliveries are handled by umpteen people before getting to the customer, no driving to go A WALK!!! We could be out of this situation sooner.

The NHS is begging us to stay home for a reason!
The postal service workers are begging us to only order essentials for a reason!

These people are putting their lives in danger every day so I’m pretty sure we can survive without a new lounge wear set or activity book.

And sorry but going out twice in one day isn’t necessary......anyone caring for vulnerable people should be checking what they need before going out the first time. I understand if someone needs CARE going out twice but not for shopping.
Sorry, with a lot of vulnerable people I feel strongly about this.

Reactions: 18
Thank you!
That has been annoying me too.
A social gathering of no more than 2 makes NO sense when households shouldn’t be mixing.
I don’t think people understand this and think they can meet up with a friend because “it’s no more than 2” - no you can’t!
They need to remove that from their advice and quickly!
I think the no more than 2 for social gathering rule is to cover events but I agree it is confusing. At this stage though, it is pretty clear we should only be going shops and can only mix with household members. Can see lockdown being extended for longer, as 2 more weeks barely covers the expected peak, we need recovery time too.

Reactions: 3
The thing is this is why a bigger lockdown is coming, people can't be sensible and just look for loopholes and ways to bend the rules. Or just break the rules completely and think they dont apply 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 19
yes, it’s for 3 months but can be extended. I’m certain it will be, not all businesses will be able to reclaim all their staff in one hit when they open. Things will be staggered and if they’re intended to increase / decrease the social distancing measures I think this will affect businesses too
I think it will be extended, but will it be extended at the same rate? I expected them to bring it in at 60% or maybe 70%.

get the vegan Garlic Kievs and thank me later.
Is that Tescos wicked kitchen? I find their own brand of vegan food quite hit and miss. I had the naked burrito yesterday and it was a bit underwhelming, but fine for 75p.

Reactions: 1
I couldn’t not repost this 😂🤣

Hope everyone remembered the time change because it makes duck ALL DIFFERENCE TO ANYTHING.
Unless we can bend one of the many rules we’re following lately and push it straight to 2121 I’m not interested. It’s still 9.09 and that just means I can fit more snacks in. Stop bleeping with my snack time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is that Tescos wicked kitchen? I find their own brand of vegan food quite hit and miss. I had the naked burrito yesterday and it was a bit underwhelming, but fine for 75p.
No M and S! They are incredible!
F0066770-B6DF-4D1C-AE13-70C06F6F6EE1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can I just say ( if I'm allowed ) tattle life has had such bad press and people have tried to close it down,
But I have to say a MASSIVE thank you to who ever started tattle life it has actually been so helpful and my saviour while the coronavirus is going on, people on here are so supportive of each other , help strangers on here when they can, it's been my light relief, made me smiles and sad and has kept me sane while living with just my son and not being able to go out and see other people , you don't try and sell or push products on people and you all don't try and live in a perfect world with perfect family and homes ,,, so thank you to each and everyone of you on here , you may not be working on the front lines but you are helping with people's mental health 👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 78
So are we all getting a letter from Boris telling us not to go for a walk? 😂
I've only bothered once this week. Way too busy everywhere even though we went early and my kids kept touching things like gates. people were either not caring about distance and others were mental about it, like sorry I have so many kids that touch things 🤦‍♀️ I felt stressed not relaxed so garden it is.

Reactions: 6
Sorry but I disagree. If everyone acted in the same way......no going out unless it’s ESSENTIAL, no ordering crap that means products & deliveries are handled by umpteen people before getting to the customer, no driving to go A WALK!!! We could be out of this situation sooner.

The NHS is begging us to stay home for a reason!
The postal service workers are begging us to only order essentials for a reason!

These people are putting their lives in danger every day so I’m pretty sure we can survive without a new lounge wear set or activity book.

And sorry but going out twice in one day isn’t necessary......anyone caring for vulnerable people should be checking what they need before going out the first time. I understand if someone needs CARE going out twice but not for shopping.
Sorry, with a lot of vulnerable people I feel strongly about this.
So what powers are you asking for our beloved leaders to unleash on us next?

A WIFi lockdown to stop people ordering online, the Post Office to be given powers to open our post?

Interesting that during a international crisis I'm seeing jobs being advertised for delivery firms....seems like social distancing is only working one way.

Be very careful what you wish for.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s confusing! Obviously the advice not to meet with anyone outside your household overrides it but I can see why some people seem to have misunderstood and are continuing to meet with one other person
Sadly my own mum seems confused by the whole thing.
She said she was chatting to a friend on the ‘phone and told her “if I didn’t have this cold, I’d have invited you over.” No mum, you can’t!
Then yesterday I asked if she had ’phoned another of her friends who lives alone. She said she was going to, but didn’t like to bother her at the weekend in case she had family over!
I told her you can’t mix households.
I’m hoping she finally understood after I explained that even if we lived in the same street we’d still not be able to visit her.
She’s not stupid so why does she not understand?

Reactions: 12
People are now trying to organise a clap for Boris:sick: I could get behind the NHS one but not for Boris.

Possibly dumb question but is it ok for people to drop things off on the door step? My mums getting a shop in a few days and has offered to leave us a few bits on the door step.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This could be me being stupid (permanent baby brain here) but I don’t understand the lockdown rules. So gatherings of more than two people are banned, except if they’re from the same household. At the same time we’re not supposed to be gathering with anyone outside of our household? Wouldn’t that make the first rule redundant?

The other day I walked past some couples during my walk and overheard conversations that implied they lived separately. I felt annoyed at the time but now I can see why they might have misunderstood the rules
I think it’s basically if you live together you can go for a walk together ie if you’re a family of four you can go for a walk as a family of four but you can’t go out with your neighbours for example as a 4.

Reactions: 1
Lockdown til June bloody hell! still got a bit of a cough I think my mask has irritated it.

Reactions: 2
People are now trying to organise a clap for Boris:sick: I could get behind the NHS one but not for Boris.
I guess it makes them feel better.

I'd rather a clap every hour for the different supermarket workers😆

12pm Lidl
1pm m&s
2pm Waitrose
3pm somerfeild
4pm Iceland
5pm Sainsbury's
6pm Aldi
7pm coop
8pm Tesco
9pm Morrisons
10pm Asda
11pm ocado

Well that kept my brain busy for a minute

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Talking of schools
Anyone else got a child due to start reception/nursery school this year? We applied for my sons place in January to commence reception at the local primary school when he turns 4 in October. The timeline says schools will.notify parents on 29th april, wonder will that still happen?
Yep my girl is 5 this October and we’re meant to be hearing on April 16th, have the places already been decided so it’s just an email being sent out or are they still doing it? Will the other kids end up being held back a year? I so wish there was more information about schooling

Reactions: 2
I guess it makes them feel better.

I'd rather a clap every hour for the different supermarket workers😆

12pm Lidl
1pm m&s
2pm Waitrose
3pm somerfeild
4pm Iceland
5pm Sainsbury's
6pm Aldi
7pm coop
8pm Tesco
9pm Morrisons
10pm Asda
11pm ocado

Well that kept my brain busy for a minute
😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.