Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always,

If you want support and don't want to hear news or figures there's a support thread:

links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)

Previous threads
coronavirus

Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20200324_091952.jpg

This has fucked me off... Beyond belief.

Its not Londoners.... Its Sadiq Khan that needs to wake up.
Who in their right mind reduces tube services, but doesn't close businesses?!
Central London is a building site, every street there's new buildings going up, things being refurbished etc.
Until the government closes them, workers are still going to attend. 99% of the workers have NO other option but to use the tube.

WHO THE duck IS ADVISING THIS twit?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
View attachment 99230

Central London is a building site, every street there's new buildings going up, things being refurbished etc.
Until the government closes them, workers are still going to attend. 99% of the workers have NO other option but to use the tube.

Are those images from today?

@Orange Chocolate Crunch This seems mad to me. From what I understood if anyone in your household has a new continuous cough and/or temperature the whole household has to self isolate for 14 days. I can’t believe NHS direct said it was ok go into work. Please stay at home.

Reactions: 6
Our local services are busier than ever , my friend is a guard / conductor and had tons of abuse for how busy it is .

• Sad
It's reassuring seeing the live feed from Seoul and cars in a traffic jam on motorway. They tested, isolated and are now returning to some kind of normality.

Everything's changed but in a couple of months things will start running again and if managed correctly the worst will be over in weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
We need to close all businesses, my daughters work are still open! It’s an office, absolutely no need to be open as not a public service. So selfish!

In my opinion only NHS staff, emergency services, chemists, shops like spar/corner shops, food suppliers and supermarkets should be open. There’s no need for anyone else to be in work. Even for those workers it seems wrong but they’re who we need to still work to survive. Boris needs to be clearer. My nephew got called into work today to do his paper round! My sister rung and told his boss he’s now isolating as it’s not safe or essential, and my nephew is now worried sick he wont have a job to go back to.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
View attachment 99230

I don’t often swear but what the actual duck?! If we carry on like this were all bleeping doomed 😩

The road outside my flat seems busier than normal today. Why are people not listening? 😓

• Sad
Reactions: 9
We need to close all businesses, my daughters work are still open! It’s an office, absolutely no need to be open as not a public service. So selfish!

In my opinion only NHS staff, emergency services, chemists, shops like spar/corner shops, food suppliers and supermarkets should be open. There’s no need for anyone else to be in work. Even for those workers it seems wrong but they’re who we need to still work to survive. Boris needs to be clearer. My nephew got called into work today to do his paper round! My sister rung and told his boss he’s now isolating as it’s not safe or essential, and my nephew is now worried sick he wont have a job to go back to.
There is need for other people too be in work though. I work for a manufacturing company - it is absolutely necessary for us to stay open.

Reactions: 12
I don’t often swear but what the actual duck?! If we carry on like this were all bleeping doomed 😩

The road outside my flat seems busier than normal today. Why are people not listening? 😓
I agree, it’s done sod all. We live in a quiet ish area, police won’t be keeping an eye on anyone here. So many cars snd people outside today.

Reactions: 2

I know. Its absolute madness.
They've closed 40 tube stations I think, so what's usually spread out is now busy stations taking a huge influx with tubes every 5/6mins instead of every 2.

People that don't live in London or use TFL won't understand how many people can fill a tube platform in a minute.
It's absolutely insane.
They need to shut down building sites and the like ASAP.
Hundreds of people must be infected daily from the tube alone. A lot who are NHS staff then carrying it through hospitals unaware.
It's bleeping madness.

Reactions: 17

In my heart I agree but there’s the supply chains to consider so then you’ve got factories and transport etc, and for example my office i don’t feel is essential but then we service pensions and life insurance so we are because people need access to their money. Wish I worked somewhere else right now and feel for you and your daughter.

View attachment 99230

it makes absolutely no sense, it’s like having 50 people in a house,
telling them they can’t come into contact with each other....
but they also telling them they need to stay in the downstairs bathroom together and go nowhere else for at least an hour every day. 🤷‍♀️

how did anyone think this would work.

latest from ROI.
Stormont First Minister Arlene Foster has said sweeping new Covid-19 restrictions will last more than three weeks. She said if she was a "betting person" she would think the measures will continue beyond Easter.
Mrs Foster told the BBC's Good Morning Ulster programme matters would need to be reviewed after three weeks.
Labour Party have called for student nurses who are working in hospitals during the COVID-19 health crisis to be paid for their work.

Reactions: 8
In my heart I agree but there’s the supply chains to consider so then you’ve got factories and transport etc, and for example my office i don’t feel is essential but then we service pensions and life insurance so we are because people need access to their money. Wish I worked somewhere else right now and feel for you and your daughter.
I know, it’s so hard isn’t it to shut down the whole country,

Reactions: 2
Although I’ve been off self isolating for a little while now (on SSP), my whole department is having a conference call today. I reckon they’re either going to tell us that we are on the 80% pay or that we are laid off completely.

I just can’t believe that they have waited until today when we are already in lockdown, to make a decision on this.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.