Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had booked a UK holiday for Easter and we’ve been waiting for the company to cancel it , they’ve been in touch this afternoon to do so, we’ll go next year instead.

I cannot imagine travelling a distance in the current climate, it’s plain madness.

Reactions: 18
We had booked a UK holiday for Easter and we’ve been waiting for the company to cancel it , they’ve been in touch this afternoon to do so, we’ll go next year instead.

I cannot imagine travelling a distance in the current climate, it’s plain madness.
My inlaws had a UK holiday booked and the holiday company suggested they book it for next year instead but they will keep the deposit for now! I would have said 'no thanks, I'll have my deposit back and book it nearer the time'.

Reactions: 14
Today is the first day in Italy that the cases and deaths are less than they were yesterday - only ever so slightly but still a hopefully good indication.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
My inlaws had a UK holiday booked and the holiday company suggested they book it for next year instead but they will keep the deposit for now! I would have said 'no thanks, I'll have my deposit back and book it nearer the time'.
I get that.

We haven’t confirmed anything yet, it’s just an online form asking for a preferred change. I’m sure we’ll talk over the phone in the coming days and we had paid in full if that makes a difference.

Reactions: 1

having a similar issue as we go away at Easter - my insurance won’t cover as it renewed after terms changed and theirs won’t cover. Think I’ll pay the extra and move it as I won’t be refunded. Still cheaper than the excess. Where we are going in July is cancelling all all hols till end of May!

I just received a text from my dad. He said he’s found his funeral plan and should I look after it for safekeeping? :cry:
I think he’s getting his paperwork in order as I didn’t even know he’d been looking for it. He’s not touched his paperwork in almost 7 years since he first moved into his bungalow. It’s obviously preying on his mind too which breaks my heart.

Anyone else feel like this is a bad nightmare that they’re desperate to wake up from?

• Sad
Reactions: 65
McDonalds to close all UK & Ire restaurants from tomorrow

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I just received a text from my dad. He said he’s found his funeral plan and should I look after it for safekeeping? :cry:
I think he’s getting his paperwork in order as I didn’t even know he’d been looking for it. He’s not touched his paperwork in almost 7 years since he first moved into his bungalow. It’s obviously preying on his mind too which breaks my heart.

Anyone else feel like this is a bad nightmare that they’re desperate to wake up from?
It's a living nightmare for everyone unfortunately...you can only reassure him that hopefully things will change soon x.

Reactions: 17

Yes this is exactly what it feels like. A bad nightmare.

My Dad is self isolating, he has been going through paperwork - it makes me sad. He’s also been mentioning certain things he wants done. and where he’s kept things... I can’t deal with it

• Sad
Reactions: 19

I’m 44, I’ve told my 21 yr old daughter that I have life insurance policy that will pay full mortgage if she needs it where it is. I’m scared as hell atm. Hubby is in the vulnerable category on immunosuppressants with a small life plan and a death in service cover, it def weighs heavy on my mind, and I need my loved ones to know what I have if things happen

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

How awful for both of you, I wish we could all wake up tomorrow and it were a bad dream. I think there will be many conversations like this happening. You sound like a wonderful daughter and you will go on doing as best you can to protect him. We will look back on this in disbelief that it ever happened.

Reactions: 13
I’m pissed off that most of these people off on their jolly’s today were probably tit scared about losing their jobs last week or not getting paid. As soon as BJ announces the 80% salary it’s like they thought ideal we can carry on like normal now... 🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I’ve been over-thinking about this “extremely” vulnerable list who will be receiving NHS letters to self isolate this week.
A lot of us are surprised that previous conditions that were “just” classed as vulnerable are not on the “extremely“ list.

Could it be because the government are putting in place food parcels and medication deliveries to some of the “extremely” vulnerable and they don’t want to have to do it for the vulnerable too?
Or am I just being cynical?
It just seems strange that we had a long list of who was vulnerable and how they must self isolate but today they’re no longer classed this way.

Reactions: 7

Yes occasionally feels like bad dream/ film.
Reduced tune watching the news

We Nicolas conference earlier made me laugh

1 journalist said we not exactly practicing safe distance here.
Wee Nicola then talks about drafting in the army.
I guess that be the British army she wouldn't have if she went independent !

Started stressing last night as we have no will and I haven't finished their memory boxes.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Totally off thread ..a 7yr old girl was stabbed to death in a park in Bolton by a random stranger...30yr old woman arrested :( as if this virus isn't having a bad enough effect on people her poor family have this to deal with aswell...

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.